shape
carat
color
clarity

Jewelry ? Not sure if this is correct forum but if not, please guide me.

udoittwo

Rough_Rock
Hello. First time here.
After reading some threads, it looks like this forum is more for diamonds and stones? My items are silver but maybe someone here can suggest a forum?
Anyway, I purchased 20+ pieces of jewelry that were listed as from "India". Many pieces are copper or alloy and several are silver.
I paid $91 for the lot and have already listed the brass pieces on Epay. As far as I can tell, ALL of the pieces are antique or older vintage.
I don't know what some of these pieces are or their purpose. They all appear to be made well and possibly handmade? The "pot" like piece is not marked and the other 2 only have "900" for their purity. DSCN8685.JPG DSCN8686.JPG DSCN8691.JPG What are these containers? Are they old and do they have any value beyond the silver? I have several other pieces such as earrings that I would like to ask about, IF this is the correct forum.

Oh well, thank you for your time and any help,
Karl.

edw_kym

Rough_Rock
Premium
Nordic countries such as Sweden,Norway,and Denmark.have made .830 sterling containers such as these.My question? Do you see any hallmarks? Such as the 3 crowns of Sweden? Or letter markings such as V7 = Year Date Sweden (1923).? I suggest you photograph all hallmarks from each container you listed.Then maybe ,these hallmarks can be researched to find out what region of the world,and approximate dating may be determined.? I've uploaded the back side of "the clasp" of 1923 Sweden string of real pearls.On the reverse of "the clasp" is a good example of what to look for.? see one image Sweden V7 = 1923..after additional search on EBAY,I LOCATED many .900 sterling objects were made in SO.America Columbia ,Venezaula,Aztec aswell... image (32).jpg

Last edited:

udoittwo

Rough_Rock
Thank you for your response.
Unfortunately, there are no marks on any of the 3 items pictured other than "900" and nothing on the pot like item.
Thanks again,
Karl.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results