shape
carat
color
clarity

Jewelry Minimalist?

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
So, am I the only one who usually likes to wear like only one pair of earrings, necklace, bracelet etc. at a time? I see so many stacks and combos on here that I wonder if I'm just hopelessly out of style or if there are many others who also like to "keep it simple."

I don't mean wearing tiny, not-very-noticeable pieces but just not wearing that many of them at once. I enjoy seeing other peoples' styles but personally, I usually only wear my wedding rings and two or three other pieces regardless of if casual or dressy. How many pieces do you usually wear at once and which ones?

Last edited:
H

Horsegirl76

This is me also. Diamond studs, wedding rings, watch, RHR (when I’m working or going out) necklace.

My mom, on the other hand, has a huge collection and wears many different pieces at once.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Huh, *checks myself in surprise* you know, I usually just wear a wedding set.
If I'm feeling super fancy I might add a pair of earrings and/or a necklace. I don't really wear watches, bracelets or necklaces often, if at all. I just forget most of the time.
You made me realize that I never seem to wear them all at once, either; which I am also belatedly realizing is a tad odd considering my love and obsession with gems and jewelry.:eh:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I do wonder if its an age thing and we grow into more jewlery as we get older
or its a generational thing ?
There are a number of younger royal ladies (looking at you Monaco) that wear bearly any jewlery
Just look at Princess Beatrice's wedding photo - no earings or necklases

The older ive got the bigger my rings have got and the longer my necklases
Maybe its just because i grew up in the 70s and 80s where jewlery was louder and fun

Wear what ever you feel comfortable with =)2
I wear 3 pairs of earings because that's how many times Bruce Springsteen has his ears pairced
I also like layered silver chains because he does it and multible bracletes
I realise not every girl is trying to look like a 70 year old rock star but take your own inspiration from wear you feel most comfortable

Maybe if i had my own large sparkly diamond ER i would go minimalist so it could do all the talking
Na - probably not

H

Horsegirl76

Huh, *checks myself in surprise* you know, I usually just wear a wedding set.
If I'm feeling super fancy I might add a pair of earrings and/or a necklace. I don't really wear watches, bracelets or necklaces often, if at all. I just forget most of the time.
You made me realize that I never seem to wear them all at once, either; which I am also belatedly realizing is a tad odd considering my love and obsession with gems and jewelry.:eh:

Oh but that perfect spinel ring in your avatar speaks for itself! I mean, what else do you need :kiss2:

joelly

Ideal_Rock
I also wear a very minimal jewelry when I’m at work. I wear most of my baubles when I’m out and about with family. Most of my friends can’t handle my big bad diamond collection. Mind you I don’t have a lot, of friends, that is :lol:

My Mom wears an embarrassing amount of rings, earrings, bracelets and necklaces. One time we picked her up at the airport and my husband found her real quick. I asked him how did he do that, he said he was looking for someone who sparkles:P2 and my Mom sparkles the most :mrgreen:

I have one closest friend who likes to collect jades, pearls and sill. The amount of pearls she has given me made my Mom thought that she probably is in love with me :doh:

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Oh but that perfect spinel ring in your avatar speaks for itself! I mean, what else do you need :kiss2:

You, flatterer, you. :bigsmile:
I still want video of your new bauble:razz:

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Most days I wear my pendant, wedding set, and maybe a pair of earrings to match my outfit. Some days I like more decorations, though

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Day to day wear...l
Im always wearing an engagement type ring and diamond band plus a RHR on my right ring finger. Day to day these tend to be just a band type ring. I find if I don’t wear these rings on these fingers I have a “nervous breakdown” for a few seconds, thinking I’ve lost a ring, before remembering I wasn’t wearing one.
Same with a necklace, usually just one with a pendant. I switch these around probably every week.
I’m always wearing a watch, of late it’s the iwatch for day to day.
I often wear one bracelet on my left wrist, rarely my right.
Earrings, I have one piercing per ear and often forget to put them in, especially now I’m retired.
when going “out” I’ll wear one of my “statement necklaces” and my Art Deco diamond bracelet. I might wear my emerald ring as my engagement ring and wear my Opal ring on my right hand. If I’m wearing my opal ring, I’ll wear my opal bracelet.
I’ll wear statement earrings as well.
I’ll wear my rings, necklace and bracelet to bed but I take off my watch and earrings.
I will only wear a wedding band plus maybe basic stud earrings if I’m going to the beach, swimming, going to the gym.

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Total minimalist here! :wavey:

I wear: a pendant (usually a rose gold or yellow gold little round disc with a paw print in the center, or a half-carat solitaire CZ, moissy, or diamond if dressed up a bit); earrings in my main ear holes (usually tiny rose gold or yellow gold huggies or hoops, or slightly larger one inch hoops for "medium dress" days, or CZ or moissy studs or dangles if dressy) and a small moissy stud in my one extra hole in the left ear; wedding set on left hand, and one right-hand ring. My wedding set(s) are all very understated compared to the overwhelming majority of folks here - we're talking center stones in the 0.40-0.75 range - and my right-hand rings are usually plain bands or even more understated diamond or gemstone rings - like, tiny. So.....pretty minimalist in every way. But I try to avoid dressing up at all costs - I mean, only occasionally when work requires and the weddings we get invited to every other year at the most - and am pretty tomboyish fashion-wise. If I try to wear extra rings or wear bracelets or "statement pieces" or bigger center stones, or layer more necklaces - even dainty ones - it never lasts more than an hour or two, because I feel ridiculous. I feel like a poser.....like not me.

I usually don’t stack because I hate it when my pieces get scratched or twisted in each other. I have stacked before, one or twice, but by and large I try to avoid it.

an interesting thought that came into my mind when I saw the title: how would you define a minimalist? Because I realised I was presuming something different from the original poster :) Is it someone who wears just a few pieces or even just one piece, but there’s no restriction on how big or flashy or statement those pieces are? Is it someone who wears very few, small, delicate, dainty, classic pieces? Is it someone who has a small or capsule collection that they don’t plan on expanding?

Roselina

Brilliant_Rock
Very much me. I like stacks on others but not on me. I love stand alones with a presence and when wearing such a thing often even take off something else. Let‘s say one bigger ring, I‘d not wear a chain and choose simple studs to go with it.

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
I love both the minimalist and carefully curated stacked look. Usually, I just wear my engagement ring and wedding band (or 7 stone). Sometimes I'll wear studs, and when I dress up I'll wear a necklace. Less is more!

I'd love to stack a Cartier Love bracelet and tennis bracelet, however I'd need to get the cuff since I like taking off my jewelry at night and I'm afraid a tennis bracelet would scratch and eat into the Love bracelet...

I'm also working on getting a DBTY necklace and pendant stack...I have a feeling DH will get me the DBTY necklace for my anniversary, birthday, or Christmas!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I only wear one ring on each hand, one pair of earrings.

I don't always wear a necklace, however, when I do, it is just one necklace or a pendant.

I wear a watch on the left hand, no bracelet.

I wear bracelet(s) on my right wrist, can be more than one, depending on the occasion.

Like clothes and accessories, I have different jewellery wardrobes for different occasions/dress codes.

DK :))

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I'm a minimalist - earrings, one necklace and wedding set - usually the smaller solitaire. I will occasionally indulge a jade bracelet too - but those are not too fussy.

I tried to wear two necklaces yesterday and ended up with a twisted mess - I'll stick to one.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So, am I the only one who usually likes to wear like only one pair of earrings, necklace, bracelet etc. at a time? I see so many stacks and combos on here that I wonder if I'm just hopelessly out of style or if there are many others who also like to "keep it simple."

I don't mean wearing tiny, not-very-noticeable pieces but just not wearing that many of them at once. I enjoy seeing other peoples' styles but personally, I usually only wear my wedding rings and two or three other pieces regardless of if casual or dressy. How many pieces do you usually wear at once and which ones?

I’m a minimalist. I wear one ring and band. I wear one pair of earrings. That’s it. On a good jewelry day. Sometimes I wear no jewelry.

64012F91-BF47-4F3C-AF0E-7941FDBA0251.jpeg

Please don’t take my PS membership. I love jewelry but am a minimalist at heart ❤️

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
I always wear my wedding set. Evenings if I'm dressing up for dinner at home with hubby I'll put on diamond earrings, necklace and bracelet. During the work day, if I'm on video calls (which I loathe) I'll wear earrings and a necklace), I also put on a scarf and lipstick, trying to look better on video lol, when I'd rather just be casual lol. M-F working I CANNOT wear a bracelet - it drives me crazy with a laptop.

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
This is pretty much me. I always wear a plain bangle from my Aunt, my wedding ring for sure, and sometimes my engagement ring. Once in awhile I add my diamond band from my dad, but not too often. I would wear my pendant from my husband but I've managed to break all of my chains so they have to be repaired first. I'm still changing diapers so it doesn't make sense for me to wear a ton of jewellery anyway.

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is pretty much me. I always wear a plain bangle from my Aunt, my wedding ring for sure, and sometimes my engagement ring. Once in awhile I add my diamond band from my dad, but not too often. I would wear my pendant from my husband but I've managed to break all of my chains so they have to be repaired first. I'm still changing diapers so it doesn't make sense for me to wear a ton of jewellery anyway.

Ok totally off topic but pretty please - what is the stone in your avatar? The colour looks so cool!

rungirl

Shiny_Rock
I am a minimalist in general, and so jewelry is no different. I almost always have on a pair of earrings, usually my studs. And sometimes I wear a pendant. I don't wear bracelets or rings.

When the weather turns colder and it's back to jackets or coats, I often wear a fun pin on the collar.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Always wear my small bezel set diamond studs, my heart diamond pendant, and Marilyn on my RH and Bella and 2mm plat band on my left. Don’t always wear my diamond bolo bracelet, as the dangly ends could get caught in whatever I’m doing. I have tons of coloured stone jewellery, but don’t wear any of them :shock:

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
Ok totally off topic but pretty please - what is the stone in your avatar? The colour looks so cool!

It's a lab created medium blue spinel I got awhile back from Scott. I love the colour and the cut so much. That picture in particular is filtered though as you can see from the bottom of it. I'm in the middle of possibly moving for the next month but I am hoping if we do move the place will have some natural light so I can take a nicer picture of it.

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's a lab created medium blue spinel I got awhile back from Scott. I love the colour and the cut so much. That picture in particular is filtered though as you can see from the bottom of it. I'm in the middle of possibly moving for the next month but I am hoping if we do move the place will have some natural light so I can take a nicer picture of it.

Ooo who is this Scott fellow and how can I see his work?

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I wear a pair of bezel studs and a bezel necklace every day (each stone 0.6-0.7ct) and my wedding band (no stones). I only wear my ering to work and don't stack anything else with it. I'm in the process of having a RHR made and would like a DBTY bracelet some day, but I don't layer and overall my taste runs to the minimal (milgrain bezel all of the things). I don't swap my jewelry out either and just wear the same things and never take them off. I enjoy looking at everybody's glamorous pieces and stacks but I only want to wear simple pieces.

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
When going out, I am wearing only one ring on each hand. I don't have any bracelets or watches. And I am usually wearing only one necklace and one pair of earrings. When I am at home, I only have my earrings on me. When I was young, I always had my wedding band on my finger, a pair of earrings and a chain with a small pendant. I am in the process of searching for a new wedding band since my original one doesn't fit anymore, but I don't want to resize it. I don't like my jewelry pieces to scratch each other so there is no way I am going to have 2 or more rings on 1 finger. I only wear my rings on middle or ring fingers, so no more than one ring on each hand for me.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
i remember in my late teens early 20s my younger sister would yell at me too much too much (she did not like layered silver necklases) and id take one thing off :mrgreen2:

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
Ooo who is this Scott fellow and how can I see his work?

Scott Laborie. He's Geoscooter on Instagram I think :) Ive pretty much stuck with using him the few times i could grab a stone. He's located the US though if that matters :(

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Scott Laborie. He's Geoscooter on Instagram I think :) Ive pretty much stuck with using him the few times i could grab a stone. He's located the US though if that matters :(

It doesn’t matter hugely. I just get really excited when I find sellers that are Canadian! No duty, woo!!

123ducklings

Brilliant_Rock
I think I’m a magpie at heart, but for many years I worked a job where lots of jewelry was impractical so I got used to only wearing a wedding band. I love seeing other people’s jewlery combinations though. I feel myself working back up to more daily sparkle.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results