shape
carat
color
clarity

Jewelry made from vintage china

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
Oh I love this!! I have a few plates from my mom and was considering making my sister one of those glass garden flowers. But I could do this instead..even make one for her sisters as well.
I can see myself now at thrift stores looking at the dish ware to see what could become jewelry...like I need another Reason to collect things from thrift stores, lol.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
I’d love to have a locket made with old patterned pieces! Well, why not? It would be less fragile than my agate locket and the color possibilities are endless! A great way to keep sight of our ancestors’ beloved heirloom patterns without the need for a china hutch (ok I want both... just sayin)

collier

Shiny_Rock
What fabulous ways to reuse dishes! I love the bracelet in particular. Once I saw a table that was a mosaic out of old plates. It was really beautiful.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes and its gorgouse
I first saw it in the aftermath of the Christchurch earthquakes
People where having nanna's heirloom china - now in a million pieces on the floor - made into beautiful keep sakes for sisters, daughter's and grandaughters
There are places on estey that do it

i actually brought a really pretty plate and saucer to get it done with - but its too pretty to smash up :doh: (so im going to drill a hole in them with a tile drill bit and make them into a cake stand for jewlery on my dutchess)

i have a chiped piece of cartonwear - the dark purple berries i would love to have made into a necklase

Some places seem to only do shapes that fit into their premade settings - i need to find a place that will make a setting around the piece

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Have you seen jewelry made from vintage china and porcelain?
This is not my photo, but I love the idea!
1586052641721.png

I tried doing mosaics once - at work - one of the sales reps for a construction glue did a workshop after work for us girls for free
i found it too much like jigsaws - i just do not have the right kind of mind to do jigsaws - i hate them
and i have seen beautiful mosaics but its not for me so i just love the idea of this jewlery
This is the one i would like to be made into a necklase
The apricot roses are just too pretty too smash
158613415987588254350.jpg 15861342060611317954808.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results