shape
carat
color
clarity

Jewelry Exchange in Paramus, NJ

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ddcha

Shiny_Rock
Anyone have experience with this place? Visited them this weekend with my wife just to take a look at settings and some stones, just to get an idea of what they looked like in person. There were a lot of long faces there and kind of depressing. Not too many carried asschers or cushions, but the ones that we saw were offered at prices that were unreal. They claimed they were trade-ins or distressed buys and that they would pass the savings on to us. I kind of nodded, smiled, and walked away. Anyone have experience with this place? Should I simply stay far far away?

DiamondFlame

Brilliant_Rock
That''s just a sales pitch and they know it, hence the long faces. Not many people feel happy when they have to lie as part of their job. I''d stay away...
20.gif

ddcha

Shiny_Rock
is it unreasonable to expect "killer deals" in this economy? This place was like a self-contained diamond district with multiple kiosks competing with one another (who knows, maybe they''re all related ;)).

DiamondFlame

Brilliant_Rock
Sure there are 'killer' deals. Most often than not, they are the ones making the killings.
9.gif

I'd try checking out 'fire sale' auctions. Just don't get caught up in bidding wars.

I would also suggest you look through this site among others, get a feel of what grades/carat diamonds go for and how much quality settings would cost. That way you have a good basis to decide if a deal is good or not. I just won't trust the claims made by sales people. I bet every other store in the district will pitch something similar.

ddcha

Shiny_Rock
where are these firesale auctions?

DiamondsforDee

Shiny_Rock
There are good diamonds and good deals to be found there, but you''re going to have to know what you''re looking for, be willing to search and bargain. The Diamond Exchange (also in Paramus but on 17 North) usually has a better selection of fancy shaped stones. They do take trade-ins at the Jewelry Exchange so it is possible that a great price on an item is from a trade-in, but it could also be BS. GL!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results