shape
carat
color
clarity

Jewelry exchange 2ct for 1900???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Officers girl

Shiny_Rock
The jewelry exchange just came on and they had two carat solitaires 1999. Is that possible I mean we already have my center stone but like still thats two carats??? I did a search but all I came up with was peoples personal experince anyway I just wondered if this place is legit. Their website seems okay but the nearest store is miles away. Anyway any experience?? I hope this isnt a bad thread topic be kind im new
17.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
look.. you can get 3 ct on ebay for 700 bucks!

yummy!

BUT, i don''t think you would want to
2.gif

Officers girl

Shiny_Rock
lol I posted right after I saw the commercial and then I headed over to thier website they dont have real pics or anything
38.gif
ummm pass
41.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock
I bet that''s one good lookin'' stone.

40.gif
2.gif

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
Mmmmmmmm....I3

$26 for shipping and free returns...wonder how many times this baby has been returned? Sure they''re making a bundle on the shipping.

RZ

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2007 7:46:04 PM
Author: icekid
look.. you can get 3 ct on ebay for 700 bucks!

yummy!

BUT, i don''t think you would want to
2.gif

There are ELEVEN bids on that thing.
38.gif

Officers girl

Shiny_Rock
honestly I think people probably keep it. When I worked at Kays there was this Lt''s wife that loved to come in and show her three carat and wow it mustve been I5 and the ugliest pee color ever it even had brownish tones mixed in but oh its three carat thats what matters
41.gif
14.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ran more comps and they are well above the PS vendors by a similar margin on other stones.
If GIA''s website wasn''t down I was going to try and find the exact stone from the info on the gia cert using the cert verification on GIA''s website.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
I saw them advertising 1 ct. solitaires for $500. Strm, it doesn''t work. They cannot possibly be selling those stones with a cert., just somebody''s idea of what it would grade as. Maybe even clarity enhanced? Here''s the deal. Take an ideal scope and go in and find one with good light return, good inclusions and no pee color, pay the $500 and run.
9.gif
31.gif
or X 2 and have earrings 2 ctw for 1,000. LOL

shay

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
The one I''ve been to isn''t bad per se but the front room has total crap. The carat solitaires for $500 and all. They do have a back room strictly for diamonds and that''s where they get out the stones from the vault to show you, but you still have to know what you''re looking for. They know nothing about cut.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
http://www.jewelryexchange.com/diamondDetails.asp?item=QBE43631

Buy it Now (15% off) $6,143.80

Date of Issue: June 15, 2001

Round Brilliant

Measurements: 6.36 - 6.40 x 4.00 mm

Carat Weight: 1.00

Color Grade: D

Clarity Grade: SI2

Proportions:

Depth: 62.7 %

Table: 57 %

Girdle: Medium to Slightly Thick, Faceted

Culet: None

Finish:

Polish: Very Good

Symmetry: Very Good

Fluorescence: None

Compared to:
http://www.bluenile.com/diamonds_details.asp?pid=LD00410100

Bank wire price: $4,594

Carat weight: 1.00

Cut: Very Good

Color: D

Clarity: SI2

Depth %: 62.5%

Table %: 58%

Symmetry: Excellent

Polish: Excellent

Girdle: Medium to slightly thick

Culet: None

Fluorescence: None

Measurements: 6.35 x 6.44 x 4.00 mm

Price: $4,663

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
$1549.80 more expensive than Blue Nile on a decent but not exact comp.
The quality edge goes towards the Blue Nile stone so its fair enough....

I can pretty much imagine how bad the $500 one is....

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have seen their commercials and am always shaking my head....
14.gif

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/9/2007 9:20:36 PM
Author: FireGoddess
The one I''ve been to isn''t bad per se but the front room has total crap. The carat solitaires for $500 and all. They do have a back room strictly for diamonds and that''s where they get out the stones from the vault to show you, but you still have to know what you''re looking for. They know nothing about cut.
I agree.

I''ve bought diamonds from them. Loose diamonds, 1 carat and larger with certs that they brought out from the vault for us to pick through. If you know what you are doing, this is just as good as anywhere else. We came prepared with an idea of comparable prices for similar stones at Blue Nile and other online vendors. We knew the cut peramiters, color and clarity preferences we wanted to look at. The Jewelry Exchange matched the BN price. Also we dealt only with the manager, no sales people. The regular premade jewelry is junk, their jewelry manufacturing is also junk, their sales people are unknowledgeable hucksters just trying to get a commission.

If you ask to see loose certed diamonds and want only the manager to assist you, they know you are interested in a higher ticket item and they will be accommodating. They have both certed and uncerted stones, we only looked at GIA and EGL-USA and nothing else.

If you do decide to go in.
1) do your homework ahead of time. Know what you are shopping for and what a fair price should be.
2) Don''t let them push a salesperson on you. You are an informed buyer and should be helped by someone who knows what they are talking about. If you hear a bunch of bull, leave or ask for someone else.
3) Remember you get what you pay for, expect to pay a fair price for what you are getting. They are in the business to make a profit and you are looking to get a good value for your money. The word "cheap" should not even be in your vocabulary. Don''t expect to get a 1 carat for the price of .50, you are more likely going to win the lottery or be hit by lightening.
4) Shop on days that are not high traffic (i,e. Monday thru Friday, 10am to 5pm) Weekends are a mad house and 30 days before any holiday, well just forget it!

There are not many places that you can walk into that you can actually see a good amount of inventory at one time. We had four stones out at the same time so we could compare side by side. I''m a really visual person and need to touch, feel, see and experience diamonds. I know that a B&M is going to charge more than online so I was happy they matched the BN price. No one can take advantage of you if you don''t let them. A diamond is a diamond no matter who sells it to you. There is junk out there everywhere, you just have to know how to separate the wheat from the chaff. If you are not comfortable doing that, then you rely on the expertise of others to do it for you, i.e., WF ACA''s, AGS 000''s, BN Signature collection just to name a few.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results