shape
carat
color
clarity

Jewelry cleaning options

What is the best cleaning device?

• Total voters
My girlfriend (soon to be fiancé) has her birthday coming up and I'm trying to think of a birthday gift as well as a Valentine's gift :confused:

I was thinking since she is about to have a very nice e-ring and I've already bought her other jewelry in the past, perhaps a good jewelry cleaning device?

I tried searching for ideas on the forum, but I'll admit I was having a hard time and nothing super recent came up. I know as the years progress so does the technology as well as thought process behind said technology.

With that being said, what is everyone's opinion on ultrasonic cleaners vs steam cleaners? I saw a thread where people were praising the magnasonic for an ultrasonic, is this still the go to device?

Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated! This will help me check one gift off of my to do list :angel:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, many of us have the magnasonic for $39 on Amazon. Mine eventually broke (no doubt I wore it out) but I just bought another one since they are cheap enough.

mdmc

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Yes, many of us have the magnasonic for $39 on Amazon. Mine eventually broke (no doubt I wore it out) but I just bought another one since they are cheap enough.

That’s the one I have. Works very good.

I had a Magnasonic in the past; worked fine and was easy to use. Then I lost it after moving homes. So I recently bought this one: Screenshot_20210124-195506_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Bit more expensive and only 1 time option. But I needed something that took up less counter space and I could rinse out (put under running water). I've only used a few times so far. But it seems to work just fine too. Just thought I'd share another option.

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
I’m a fan of the ultrasonic- also handy for cleaning other things like glasses

mtran89

Shiny_Rock
I’ve tried both ultrasonic and steam. The juli brush works faster and is more convenient. Also travel friendly. I love mine.

It’s a bit pricey but you are able to use 20% off codes.

Makes cleaning super quick and easy.

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
I have a Gemoro brand ultrasonic. Little pricier but does a great job!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@DiamondsAreFrustrating this is a great idea. Most people, non-PSers, dont know how fast diamonds collect oil, dirt, and grim in general.

People usually use an ultrasonic for daily (or every couple of days) cleaning. Drop your jewels in, hit the timer, and let it go. Rinse and
dry when done. Some PSers do it daily while they shower, put on make-up, or whatever.

With Steam cleaners, you have to be a little more active and present for the cleaning process so I reserve steam cleaning for
monthly deep cleanings.

If you are going to buy one, buy an ultrasonic type cleaner first.

I'm not familiar with the juli brush but I think there is a thread on it here...

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Aren't there ultrasonics that also have a steam part that can be used for the finishing touch at the end?

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Everyone's different, but I personally don't like receiving appliances for gifts, especially from my significant other. They just seem too unromantic. Receiving an ultrasonic is better than receiving a toaster or vacuum, but still....no.

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Everyone's different, but I personally don't like receiving appliances for gifts, especially from my significant other. They just seem too unromantic. Receiving an ultrasonic is better than receiving a toaster or vacuum, but still....no.

UNLESS... there is some kind of jewelry item inside :)

Thank you all for the feedback! Going with the Juli Brush, I can see her enjoying the ease of use and maintenance. If it ends up not doing a good job then I can get her an Ultrasonic.=)

She flat out told me she didn't want me to get her anything and she just wanted to spend time together. So I feel like some gift, even an appliance, is better than no gift. Plus it's something she will have a new use for. I can imagine she'll be wanting to clean and admire the beautiful ACA she's going to be getting... at least I hope she will :think:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results