shape
carat
color
clarity

Jewelry Appraser Needed - Chicago

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

megerlach

Rough_Rock
Can anyone suggest an appraiser in the Chicago area? I am needing to have a diamond independently appraised and would love a refferal to a qualified appraiser. Thanks.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chicago Gem Lab
5 South Wabash #1419
312-263-2221
Lorraine Oakes is great to work with!

Professional Gem Sciences
5. South Wabash #1905
312-920-1541

Chicago Gem Lab is more of what I think of in terms of a traditional appraiser; knowledgeable gemologist sitting down with a client and going over the ins and outs of a piece and using some equipment (I know Lorraine has a microscope on her desk and she probably has other things in the back room that I''m not privy to, LOL). Lorraine has appraised several peices for me over the years and she produces a very detailed thorough report, including a photo of the item.

Pro Gem is (in my over-simplified pea brain) more of a "technical/scientific" operation. Lots of equipment and deep analysis going on there. I have never personally used Pro Gem, but they are very well respected. I would probably go there if I wanted a Sarin or some other more in-depth analysis.

But depending on what my need was, I wouldn''t hesitate to use either one of these organizations.

Good luck!

megerlach

Rough_Rock
Perfect, and downtown as well. Thank you for your help.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My pleasure!

g00mba

Rough_Rock
Someone else suggested this person on the forum:

GLENVIEW, ILLINOIS
Richard B. Drucker, GG, RMV
Graduate Gemologist Appraiser
2640 Patriot Blvd, Suite 240
Glenview, IL 60026

Link

That is who I think I will be going to when the ring I purchased arrives :)
Has anyone been to this place?

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Also, to whatever extent the board administration ferrets out options...

Date: 3/29/2007 12:19:55 PM
Author: g00mba
Someone else suggested this person on the forum:

GLENVIEW, ILLINOIS
Richard B. Drucker, GG, RMV
Graduate Gemologist Appraiser
2640 Patriot Blvd, Suite 240
Glenview, IL 60026

Link

That is who I think I will be going to when the ring I purchased arrives :)
Has anyone been to this place?
these guys are the only ones included here, and may be worth a check.

dsy

Rough_Rock
I recently used Lorraine Oakes to appraise a couple loose diamonds and help me choose one of them. Based on her feedback, I made my decision and then she started documentation for the appraisal to be used for insurance purchases. It took less than an hour in total and was very conveniently located as she is right there in the middle of "jeweler''s row" in the Chicago loop. She was great to work with and answered any/all questions I had. The cost of the appraisal was also very reasonable--$45 if I decided not to buy either of the diamonds and $65 if I went ahead with the purchase. However, I will caution that she doesn''t have any of the "sales tools" as she calls them to look at the diamonds through special scopes etc that are so popular on this forum. She also does not have the right setup to take a good closeup picture of the loose diamond.

Also, she has now moved her office up a couple floors to 5 South Wabash #1621.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results