shape
carat
color
clarity

jewellers who work with moissanite?

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
Hey lovely people

I am wondering if anyone has a jewellery designer that works with moissanite ?

I have a small spinel (.3) that I would like to set in a dainty ring with moissanites to offset the the colour and make it pop

None of the jewellers I have worked with before use it and I need to keep cost down plus the level of white I can get from small moissanite would be better than diamonds

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks @Slick1 I think David might be a little on the expensive side for this project. It really is something quite small :)

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
My set was made by JuliaB, I'm not sure if she'll set outside stones(at her discretion) but she'll make you a mounting.

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
@Pennyc ok! Although, he has surprised me quite a few times with his reasonable pricing. Substantially less than my local hack...I mean jeweler :lol: Good luck!

Thanks @Slick1 maybe I will shoot him a message and see does he work with outside stones?
Try Daniel M , his prices are also reasonable

@Myshinybestlife i have used Dan for multiple projects love his work I might approach him the ring is something quite dainty as the main stone is only .3 and I kind of want moissanite next to it looking like Ivy I’ve attached the inspo pic below. I haven’t seen work like that from him but hey doesn’t hurt to ask

My set was made by JuliaB, I'm not sure if she'll set outside stones(at her discretion) but she'll make you a mounting.

thanks I will check her out too

this is the inspo pic

02DEDA52-9356-4419-95A2-105E8486C42D.jpeg

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Pennyc He most definitely works with outside stones. I’d say more often than not. Good luck!!

emeraldhummingbird

Shiny_Rock
Thanks @Slick1 maybe I will shoot him a message and see does he work with outside stones?

@Myshinybestlife i have used Dan for multiple projects love his work I might approach him the ring is something quite dainty as the main stone is only .3 and I kind of want moissanite next to it looking like Ivy I’ve attached the inspo pic below. I haven’t seen work like that from him but hey doesn’t hurt to ask

this is the inspo pic

I think Dan could do this design without much drama. But do you know if tiny moissanites are made in these sizes? You should also consider that moissanites tend to look best in stones 2mm and over. If they're small they may not look as sparkly and you'd be better off going with diamonds. Diamonds will be easier to replace too if you lose one.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

this is the inspo pic

There's that setting i love :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:

moonsparkles

Rough_Rock
Trade
I have come across a online jeweler called Easy Jewelry Repair ( https://easyjewelryrepair.com/3-easy-steps-online-jewelry-repair/ ). They are certainly filling a need during the Covid situation. They do everything from sizing to watch repair, chain and clasp repairs, plating, and shank and prong repairs. All online jewelry repair services include the insured shipping cost both ways (Yay!) and their prices are great. Ring sizing down $37.50 any metal any size. My platinum moissanite ring was sized down for $37.50 including two way shipping. It was received, sized, and shipped back the next day and they did a beautiful job. Check it out if interested. They are in Tulsa USA.

Tell them moonlightsparkles sent you :)

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
If you want to keep the price down, you could have Tianyu or Starsgem make something like this with lab diamonds. I don’t like the moissanite in the very small melee. It always takes on the steely grey/blue tint and you don’t get the same crisp white sparkle at least to me. You can give them the dimensions of your stone, including depth, and have a local jeweler set the stone for you.

If you want a US based jeweler, I would price this with DK. He does surprise me with his prices quite often. He can do lab diamonds for you and the prices are pretty equal to moissanite in these sizes.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results