shape
carat
color
clarity

Jeweller to set stone in Brisbane Australia

AVCadmirer

Shiny_Rock
Hi guys

I did ask this is another thread but it was a different topic so I am after a jeweller in Brisbane that would be able to remove a stone from my current setting and then later reset into a new VC halo once I receive it. As we are all fussy with prongs ect I am hoping somebody has had exceptional experience with somebody in Brissy.

Thanks all :)

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
Hello,
Im in Brisbane and looking to work with someone in the States haha. I have a few names of reputable jewellers that Ive researched, visited, emailed etc....

May I ask, did VC make your halo without a stone? Id love to know more about your process etc... too.

The French Door at Indooroopilly shopping centre is good. He hand makes almost everything and has a good eye for detail. If it were simply "setting the stone" (and I realise thats not simple....) then I would probably go to him.

Alternatively, I buy my diamonds from The Diamond Centre is Brisbane (Albert St) and they have two great jewellers they use. I can find out details for you.

:)

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
Hello

I previously spoke with Doug at Brisbane Diamond Setters (also operates as Ashley Douglas Jewellers) in the Brisbane Arcade.

I spoke with Doug a couple of years ago about a loose stone in a five stone ring I got from BGD and he was very nice and happy to speak with Brian about any work that might be done to fix the loose stone (which Brian had said he'd pay for), and said he just wanted people to have good experience with Jewellers. Ultimately I didn't work with him as Brian preferred to pay for the ring to be returned to them and they remade the setting completely and it hasn't had a loose stone since (which was great of them). I informed Doug and he was happy for me that the jeweller who made the ring wanted to fix it at their expense.

However it could be worth enquiring with Doug re: setting your stone. Good luck, I hope you find someone suitable.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I replied with a link in your other post of who did my Victor setting. There are very few setters in Brisbane that can do those uber fine prongs.

AVCadmirer

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all very much for your replies, I will look into them but ultimately I am searching for somebody that can do beautiful prong work.

Laurenk Yes Victor is making a new setting for me and he has advised he can do this without my stone. It may differ depending on shape ect of stones, but if you have the exact measurements I would definitely contact him and ask if he will be able to do this for your particular stone and chose of setting. Paying, receiving ect of item is really all very easy. Good luck with it and I hope to see pics on here once you have completed your ring. ;-)

arkieb1 Thank you for your responses and I will be in contact with you shortly :D

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
I have a jeweler in Sydney who does good prong work. Let me know if you want his details.

AVCadmirer

Shiny_Rock
Thank you Misskittycat I certainly will. :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results