shape
carat
color
clarity

Jeweller in Melbourne / Does Cartier set loose diamonds?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tanalasta

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Does anybody know if Cartier will set non-Cartier diamonds in their 1895 Solitaire setting?

I am also wondering if anybody can recommend jewellers in Perth or Melbourne (Australia) for single-round brilliant designs that will set stones bought elsewhere.

SKR

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/29/2006 10:57:36 AM
Author:tanalasta
Does anybody know if Cartier will set non-Cartier diamonds in their 1895 Solitaire setting?

I am also wondering if anybody can recommend jewellers in Perth or Melbourne (Australia) for single-round brilliant designs that will set stones bought elsewhere.
No they won''t. They sell the whole package including the diamond and not just the setting. I don''t know about Melbourne but several jewellers can readily and accurately copy Cartier settings.

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Precious Metals is located in Melbourne. The owner of the stores, Garry, posts here by the nickname 'Cut Nut'.

I have gotten them to custom make a 3 stone ring using stones bought elsewhere and am very happy with it.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thx Jade Leaves

Happy to help

My Gen manager managed a Cartier store for 10 years and is intimate with the range.

Right now I am actually down in Margaret River refueling - i still fit in the car, but only just!!!
9.gif

tanalasta

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thank you Garry.

I am specifically interested in the Cartier 1895 setting or the tiffany setting - and have noticed internet 'imitations' do not have the same intricate gracefulness of the originals.

However, I have sent your staff an email via your website about some of the designs in your catalogue.

Paul-Antwerp

Ideal_Rock
Trade
As far as I know, Cartier just once made an exception in setting a non-Cartier-stone into one of their jewels.

If you do a search here for the posts of ''Loengard'', this gentleman from Brussels succeeded in convincing Cartier''s head-office in Paris. It took him months of hammering, and offering all kinds of physical evidence like AGS-report, pics of Ideal-scope, H&A, and so on, as well as Sarin-measurement to finally convince them that the stone he had, was at least as good as any Cartier-stone.

He, or actually his wife, is now the proud owner of a unique jewel, with Cartier-certificate and an Infinity-stone.

Live long,

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 12/29/2006 10:57:36 AM
Author:tanalasta

I dont think they will set a common diamond in their cartier settings.

I know they would be happy to work with important gemstones not belonging to them.
I know a few that commisioned Cartier to design jewelry using privatly owned ''important'' gemstones.

i hope this helps.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey Diagem...you never told me any info about your life in Beverly Hills back in the day...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results