shape
carat
color
clarity

Jewelery Factory in Bethesda, MD---

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Steph T.

Rough_Rock
Hello Everyone...

I live in Northern Virginia---and periodically I''ve seen a commercial advertising diamond necklaces, studs, rings, etc for the Jewelery Factory in Bethesda, MD. The prices seem too good to be true!!! Does anyone know the reputation of this establishment??? I''ve just started a quest to purchase diamond studs earrings and the entire process is intimidating and overwhelming!!! Can anyone offer any insight?? Most of the consumer information that I''ve encountered over the internet is targeted for "ring" purchases--Does anyone have any words or wisdom???

Any suggestions/insights would be greatly appreciated!!!

Steph T.

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Hi Steph T, and Welcome. I live in Southern Maryland but often travel to the Bethesda for shopping. I too saw those lovely commercials and a couple years ago I made the long trip to see the shop. What a disappointment! Frankly, I did not see anything that compared to the pictures shown on TV. The quality of their goods, in my opinion, was average at best. There was nothing "wholesale" about it. You'll get what you pay for -- 1 ct solitare for $999
sick.gif
, puuleez! After my long drive and time spent looking in every case for even one item that appealed to me, I left and have never looked back. I suppose it may have changed since I was there, but I have my doubts.

DiamondLil

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
They are a part of a chain. Many have different names, but the advertising is virtually identical. They appeal to impulsive buyers and other who tend to victimize themselves by believing there is a free lunch....There isn't.

The vales are decent. The workmanship tends to be commercial. Diamonds are diamonds in that you can't get better then you pay for except in extraordinary circumstances.

If you know very little and don't want to know, then you might like such a place. Once you know more, then look and leave. They handle themselves better than many "maul" stores.
The news is not that bad in the overall.

Steph T.

Rough_Rock
Thanks David and Lil for the response!!! I think I'll take a look at the factory--but, will continue to be guarded!!!

Steph T.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results