shape
carat
color
clarity

Jewelers Mutual Insurance ?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

snowbird3599

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

Thanks for helping me hunt down the e-ring, now I am looking to insure it. As most people suggest, for the first 1 or 2 year its better to insure it. So I am looking at chubb and JM. Chubb''s local agent is no help at all, I called several of them but all of them wants me to purchase renter''s insurance. I know its not Chubb''s policy but they insist that''s the way to go. JM on the other hand I can purchase the insurance online and just fax in the paper work. From digging through some old posts, people suggest they do not offer cash policy thus less desirable than Chubbs, but here''s the response I got form email.

"Thank you for your email. If you choose to work with a jeweler that does not work with insurance companies, then you would buy the replacement piece and send us the requested forms for the claim. We would then send you a reimbursement up to the value that would be listed on your policy. In that situation, our claims department would guide you as to what documentation that we would need. Please feel free to contact us with any questions that you may have."

what do you guys think ?? by the way I am in Seattle. Thanks in advance

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jeweler''s mutual is great. The cash out policy is only valuable if you don''t plan to replace the ring. If you know you''d replace it then it isn''t a big deal to not have the cash out option.

Chubb also usually has a minimum policy...so if your ering is on the smaller side they might not take you either, so something to note.

MMT

Ideal_Rock
I got Jewelers Mutual because they let you use your own jeweler. From what i''ve heard on here it''s also alot cheaper
35.gif

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2009 2:37:12 PM
Author: MMT
I got Jewelers Mutual because they let you use your own jeweler. From what i''ve heard on here it''s also alot cheaper
35.gif
I also have them but I''ve been told that I need to use the jeweler my setting was purchased from. I''ve asked them about this a few times.

I really wish someone from JM would post about this discrepancy so I''d know once and for all.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2009 3:32:00 PM
Author: elle_chris

35.gif
I also have them but I''ve been told that I need to use the jeweler my setting was purchased from. I''ve asked them about this a few times.

I really wish someone from JM would post about this discrepancy so I''d know once and for all.

When I made a claim last year they told me I could work with whomever I wanted at the time.

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2009 3:34:47 PM
Author: neatfreak

Date: 3/23/2009 3:32:00 PM
Author: elle_chris

35.gif

When I made a claim last year they told me I could work with whomever I wanted at the time.
Neat- Glad to hear they let you.

I guess I just got someone inept. (3 times)

snowbird3599

Rough_Rock
Thanks neatfreak for the first hand experience.

In that case, i guess i will go with JM. Does JM give you a hard time if you want to upgrade the ring if lost? Lets say I insure the current ring at 6-8k but bought a ring that is more?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results