shape
carat
color
clarity

Jewelers Mutual - Can you choose a differnt Jeweler for replacement?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

trion.

Rough_Rock
Hi All,

Does anyone know if you purchase your diamond from 1 vendor. If you need it replaced, do you have to use that vendor or can you use any place?

They statement is you can use the Jeweler of your choice. Does that mean the one you purchased from or does it actually mean any Jeweler?

I''m asking b/c I purchased a diamond from Blue Nile. But if I needed it replaced, do I have to use Blue Nile or can I use another place like GOG, WF, etc.

Also does anyone know a agent that does Chubb Insurance in Delaware that doesn''t require purchasing other insurance products?

girlie-girl

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry, but I think Jeweler''s Mutual would be the best place to go for clarification on their policy. I''d hate if someone was mistaken and provided erroneous information.

trion.

Rough_Rock
I''m curious to hear from people that have been in this situation.

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The stated JM policy is that you can go to any jeweler you want for replacement and they really do mean any jeweler, not just where you bought it.

They do have some limits on how much they are willing to pay a jeweler for a particular job and if your jeweler is unwilling to work for their prices there could be a problem but, in practice, I've watched dozens of JM claims and my observation has been that they're pretty reasonable folks to both the jeweler and the insured. I insure through JM and have been a loyal customer for years if that's anything of an endorsement.

Ralph at www.touchstoneinsurance.com is a Chubb agent licensed in all 50 states. They're physically in Florida but that has amazingly little to do with it.

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ICGA(AGS) NAJA
Professional Appraisals in Denver

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/2/2009 12:36:31 PM
Author: denverappraiser
Ralph at www.touchstoneinsurance.com is a Chubb agent licensed in all 50 states. They''re physically in Florida but that has amazingly little to do with it.
I just got a Chubb policy via Touchstone in less than 24 hours. Ralph was very helpful.

trion.

Rough_Rock
The stated JM policy is that you can go to any jeweler you want for replacement and they really do mean any jeweler, not just where you bought it.

They do have some limits on how much they are willing to pay a jeweler for a particular job and if your jeweler is unwilling to work for their prices there could be a problem but, in practice, I''ve watched dozens of JM claims and my observation has been that they''re pretty reasonable folks to both the jeweler and the insured. I insure through JM and have been a loyal customer for years if that''s anything of an endorsement.

Ralph at www.touchstoneinsurance.com is a Chubb agent licensed in all 50 states. They''re physically in Florida but that has amazingly little to do with it.

Neil Beaty

GG(GIA) ICGA(AGS) NAJA

Hi Neil,

Thanks for the information. That''s exactly what I needed to know.

MMT

Ideal_Rock

They do have some limits on how much they are willing to pay a jeweler for a particular job and if your jeweler is unwilling to work for their prices there could be a problem but, in practice, I''ve watched dozens of JM claims and my observation has been that they''re pretty reasonable folks to both the jeweler and the insured. I insure through JM and have been a loyal customer for years if that''s anything of an endorsement.

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ICGA(AGS) NAJA
I have Jewelers Mutual and this was my understanding also
35.gif
35.gif
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results