shape
carat
color
clarity

Jewelers in NoVa/DC?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock

Hey there, PS-land! Can anyone out there recommend a good jeweler in the Northern Virginia/Washington, DC area that can reset a gemstone into an existing setting?

The back story:
My grandmother passed away in 2005. Being the oldest granddaughter, I was given her wedding set. The E-ring is a white gold band with two tiny diamond chips flanking what should probably be about a 1/8 carat center stone. However, my grandmother lost the diamond long ago and after my grandfather died stopped wearing her wedding set anyway. I would like to get the center reset with a sapphire and wear the piece as a right hand ring, but I''m not sure if 1/8 of a carat is even the right size. I''d like to take the piece to a reputable jeweler and have them look at it; ideally one that could source a tiny stone for me to reset into the ring. Do any of you have any suggestions on where to take this very sentimental piece of jewelry?

couturequeen

Rough_Rock
I''ve had a pleasant experience with Tiny Jewel Box in DC.

cayce

Rough_Rock
Pete at Quest Jewelers is wonderful.

He made a custom platinum setting for me that has engineers admiring it for its precision and balance.

LindaLo

Rough_Rock
I''ll second Quest Jewelers. I think they do more custom work then repairs or stone setting.

A good place in Woodbridge is Darian Jewelers on Prince William parkway. It''s a small family business. I''ve gone to them for repairs, stone setting, and actually a custom wedding band. He did a great job and the price was very reasonable.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Another Rec for Quest, they do great work.
2.gif

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Ditto Quest Jewelers in Fairfax County.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results