shape
carat
color
clarity

Jeweler Tool (Tweezer/Gauge) - What do you use?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
I am really curious and this is for those of us gem shoppers, not the professionals - do you have any jeweler tools? such as gauge, loupe, tweezer, or even a scale? If yes, what kind of tool set do you have? Where did you get them?

I''ll start. I only have a tweezer and a 4-prong tweezer. Thinking about getting a gauge.
9.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/14/2009 10:14:22 AM
Author:yingh
I am really curious and this is for those of us gem shoppers, not the professionals - do you have any jeweler tools? such as gauge, loupe, tweezer, or even a scale? If yes, what kind of tool set do you have? Where did you get them?

I''ll start. I only have a tweezer and a 4-prong tweezer. Thinking about getting a gauge.
9.gif
I have a digital gauge from jewelrytelevision.com. It''s the same one professionals use, but it''s a very good price. Here''s a page with some tools. Amazingly, that''s really all I''d every buy from jtv. I like that $89 package with the mini microscope (not sure how good it is though), the gauge and the scale.

http://www.jewelrytelevision.com/index.aspx?Ntt=digital&cm_re=full*Store*Jewelry+Making&N=49&cm_sp=&tid=7362

mochi

Ideal_Rock
I have a digital caliper, tweezer, loupe, and a couple of those gem holder ring thingies (silver and gold color). They are in the box with my gem stones.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a gauge, loupe, tweezers and black light. I''d really like a digital gauge.

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/14/2009 10:14:22 AM
Author:yingh

9.gif

Yes all of the above. I use them to verify the vendors stats. While all are important tools to do this a scale is most useful. The most useful tool is a gemologist to verify a vendore claims.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
I''m currently looking for a pair of locking tweezers (I have plain ones that I don''t like - I''m not that talented at using tweezers, lol) and a gem display case (I''m running out of room in my jewelry box for all the little boxes they come in...and I have more stones incoming. I have a loupe in there as well.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results