shape
carat
color
clarity

jeweler said 10 days for setting , it''s been over 2 weeks now

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ajaxthe3rd

Rough_Rock
I went to a local jeweler on Oct 11 to look at Jaffe settings and found one I like. The jeweler said he would get back to me about availability in a few days. Well, as promised 2 days later he calls me back and says the one I want would have to be made and would take 10 days to get in. I was happy with that so I gave a deposit. It has now been 17 days and have not heard anything from them. I wanted to give it to my finace this weekend, but now I guess that is off.

What should I do?? Should I cancel from the jeweler and do somewhere else? I also work in sales and if I tell a client that I am going to get something in within a certain time, I either get it in or call and explain the delay. There are only a handful on jaffe dealers in the area. This place seemded reputable

thanks!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you called them to find out why there is a delay?

JC

Shiny_Rock
Steve makes a good point. Good luck....

1.gif

TriciaKirk

Rough_Rock
Hi - sorry you are still waiting. This happend to me - it was supposed to take 6 weeks and it took 10. Not the fault of the local jeweler but at the company making the setting. I was frustrated but just kept in touch with the jeweler - I would call every week that it was late for an update - just to make sure they hadn''t forgotten about me! I guess it would have been nice for the jeweler to call me but it didn''t happen that way - however, when the setting did come, finally, the local jewelry discounted the setting $200 because of the delay - which was nice.

Call the local jeweler and just check in and see what is going on - I am sure they will be helpful. Good luck!

ajaxthe3rd

Rough_Rock
I called him a few hours ago. He said Jaffe had just sent it out yesterday 2nd day mail. Not even 15 minutes later, he calls back and says it just arrived! I just dropped of the diamond to be set. The guy who does the setting was real nice. Hopefully he does a good job. I will post pics tonight once it''s done!

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
I''m so glad you''ll still get to propose this weekend! Have fun and best wishes! :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results