shape
carat
color
clarity

jeweler reproducing designs?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

picklemethis

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

The newbie questions continue! =)

I've attached a picture of a ring that I like - I'm looking for a very simple e-Ring, with a non-traditional stone. I am planning on spending <750...like I said, simple!

That said, I liked how this ring looked, but I would prefer to get it made somewhere with a stone that I can pick out, as opposed to a "stock" one.

So my questions are:

1. Will jewelers make a similar design?
2. Any advice on places to get a sourced stone and the mount made?
2. Orange or blue? Her fav color is orange-red, 2nd fav is blue. She is spanish with darker skin, so I'm not sure which way to go...ideas?

http://www.finejewelers.com/images/NYCCRE/500/24383.jpg

Thanks!

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I like the design you picked out.

However, since cost is an issue (less for the ring means more the stone, right?), check out the stock companies. They sell semimounts, or rings without the center stone. Your jeweller can just order the ring and then set the stone you picked out.

Does your girl usually wear white or yellow gold? If she likes yellow, I would go for the orange. A good spess will just pop in yellow gold! I would prefer blue in white gold, though. Ask her about this, though. We sometimes have very strong opinions on stone.

Go for stones that are hardier: sapphires, spinels, etc.

Check the recommended vendors list (it is the first topic). These are vendors that people in PS know, have bought from and trust. Read a lot about stones, read PS and look at a lot of pictures.

Have fun!

DistinctionJewelry

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Gorgeous ring choice! That is a cast design, and if you want someone to replicate it from scratch that will cost quite a bit. However, there is a good chance it comes from one of the major vendors of premade settings. Try looking through the catalogs of Stuller, Hoover & Strong, and Rio Grande. If one of those companies sells it or another setting you like, you should be able to have your local jeweler order it for you and set the stone (those are wholesale companies, so you won''t be able to order it yourself).

I agree with what the poster above said on the color. Ask her, or at the very least look at what she wears now. Orange set in yellow gold would look great with her skin tone, but if she prefers a different look you don''t want to override that.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results