shape
carat
color
clarity

Jeweler matches Costco ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

homeloanmaster

Rough_Rock
Hi. I recently purchased a diamond ring from a jeweler who promised to match the quality of a ring I wished to purchase through Costco. The cost was $1000 less. I think Costco does not specify the type of cut, but here is what I got from the jeweler: 1ct, EGL cert, Depth 64.2, Table 58%, Crown 15%,Pavilion 44.5%, Girdle thin to thick faceted, culet none, polish very good, symmetry good to very good, VS2, color I. The center stone is 1 carat with 2 side stones (uncertfied, but jeweler claims VS1, I and .38 carat each). Costco's ring was $5999 and mine was $5000. It is wrapped in platinum. Did I make the make the right decision? The ring looks beautiful to me. Update: I forgot to mention that the center stone is a round brilliant cut.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
The ring sounds lovely. The depth is a little too deep for it to be a well cut stone and you are probably losing a bit of ctw in there (e.g. the 1c center stone probably looks visually more like a .95 or .90 depending on the other #s), and the HCA gives it a 5.4 on a scale of 1-10 (many people will focus on getting something under 3.0) but the price sounds excellent, esp from an offline jeweler! If you love it, that is all that really matters!
1.gif

I would get an independent appraisal to confirm all is well and to get more info on the cut from an expert. Plus if you intend to insure it, you'd need that info anyhow.

Good luck and congrats!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results