shape
carat
color
clarity

Jeweler lost my ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

wjm457

Rough_Rock
Recently, My wife took a ring into a local jeweler for repair. I bought this ring for her about 15 years a go from this very jeweler,though I don't think he remembers. It was the first piece of nice jewelry I was able to buy and it means alot to her. The appaisal is 4200. We left the ring with him with the understanding he would do the repair himself. He sent it out and now it is lost. We haven't started negotiating yet and I'm trying to arm myself with info on how to proceed and what I can expect. I would appreciate any help you could provide.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Wjm457... I'm sorry to hear that. I assume the ring wasn't insured?

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
You jewelry insurance might cover this loss. It might not.

What was the description of the ring in the appraisal and on the original invoice, if you still have it?

If the jeweler is a good one, they will cover your loss completely and you will have a new ring with a proper stone. I'd warn you to be patient and not to hold your breath, but give the dealer a chance to help you and himself out of this problem.
:angryfire:

gumbystoned

Rough_Rock
Depends on when you bought the ring too. Diamond's price have been going up in price quite substantially.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
If you have an all risk insurance cover, then make it easy on everyone. Ask the jeweller to repay you any initial amount you might have to pay ($100?) and tell him you will make a claim.
All risk covers 'all risks' except for the fine print (like wars and lightening etc).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results