shape
carat
color
clarity

Jennifer Lopez''s engagement ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Opticcurve

Rough_Rock
Any ideas as to how many carats it is?

http://www.bet.com/articles/1,,c5gb4324-5019-1,00.html

rsilvers

Shiny_Rock
If I had that large a stone I think round would look best. It is also a colored diamond so I hope it has a lot of color and not just a little yellowish.

tayd

Rough_Rock
5 ct. pink diamond, $1.1 million.

There's apparently a thread going on at http://www.diamondtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=23025

PuddyKat

Rough_Rock
I think they said 6.1 carats last night on the Diane Sawyer interview.

rsilvers

Shiny_Rock
He could have had something nice for $100,000 per carat yet he found the need to spend $160,000 a carat. Stuuuupid. He is not rich enough to spend money like that.

I would have gotten her a 5 carat D-IF AGS000 round center stone with two 1 carat pink or yellow or blue side stones. It would have cost around $100,000 - $150,000, and that would be money well spent for him.

He never did seem too smart to me but now it is confirmed, not just because of the ring, but because she is going to tear him apart within a year.

golfer

Shiny_Rock
Yes, he should not have gotten her what she wanted. He should have gotten her what you think the best value in terms of beauty is.

Excellent point.

I imagine the two of them got at least $1 million in publicity from the ring alone.

rsilvers

Shiny_Rock
Are you saying he knew she wanted a large pink stone that was $160,000 per carat? She did not pick it out with him. I heard her on the radio saying it was a total surprise -- both the proposal and the ring.

The outer limit for colored stones is in the $100,000 per carat range. There are not too many reasons to pay nearly double what Elizabeth Taylor has paid. My guess -- it had a double-the-true-value asking price and he did not read this site before purchase.

As far as publicity -- yes, certain people can turn these things into values - Ben will be able to tack an extra $1.1 million onto the asking price of his next film because of this (for real).

rsilvers

Shiny_Rock
Found this info on her last ring:

J.Lo Loses her Wedding Ring
Could it be an omen? They say that the set of sexy star Jennifer López’s new movie, "Gigli," was thrown into chaos when the screen queen’s custom-made diamond wedding ring was lost. J.Lo actually went berserk, stopped filming and ordered a mass search for the $28,000 rock her husband, dancer Chris Judd, gave her. Soon afterward, a group of guys were literally crawling on their hands and knees searching for the infamous ring. Those on the set swear she swore like a sailor and threw water bottles in her dressing room. She ended up wearing a temporary replacement.

blbrooke

Rough_Rock
6.1 carats
1.gif

mike04456

Brilliant_Rock
It's a 6.1 ct fancy intense pink radiant cut, which I know because...

...oh wait, we did this one already. Who resurrected this thread?
angryfire.gif
9.gif
12.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 12/4/2003 5:41:10 PM LawGem wrote:

It's a 6.1 ct fancy intense pink radiant cut, which I know because...

...oh wait, we did this one already. Who resurrected this thread?
angryfire.gif
9.gif
12.gif

----------------

Not me
wink2.gif
9.gif

Groovy Chick

Shiny_Rock
I heard 5 carats. They're selling replicas for twenty bucks - i saw an ad in a mag. It also has a really small diamond bagette each side. But who cares anyway? They broke up. Boo hoo hoo. What a surprise.

Pear Princess

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results