shape
carat
color
clarity

Jeff White's sapphire is set!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I am not going to propose and did not go far. Seattle Diamonds does a very good job and they are relatively inexpensive. Here is the stone set in diamonds. I just decided not to make "glamor" shoots but to photo the ring as it is, in our bad Seattle weather (overcast again), in the middle of the day, and then in my office, with the regular light that I use - fluorescent abouve and a small lamp on my table giving yellowish-orange light. So here is how it looks... I shall try to make better evening photos.
Day...

crsapphday333.JPG

crsapphday555.JPG

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Day...

crsapphday999.JPG

crsapphday666.JPG

Spirit

Shiny_Rock
Exciting! Tell us more!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Day...

crsapphday777.JPG

crsapphday888.JPG

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Late in the day in my office...

sappheven222.JPG

sappheven444.JPG

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Daytime is mostly like nr 4. very bright blue. It fully holds the color although it is difficult to photograph and is very bright and cheerful. I am positive I shall get compliments on it. Now I see how well it is cut and I am very thankful to Jeff. I shall post evening office photos when my battery fully charges. I spent a lof of time trying to photograph my alexandrite in daylight, but this elusive stone is laughing at me. Evening seems to be OK because I can choose the right spectrum. More photos to come, it is going to be a serial...

Off on a tangent. I got GIA certificate for this sapphire, confirmed what AGL has said (unheated). Gary's sapphire - confirmed unheated. Eric's spinel is natural. Gary's color-change garnet is natural. All these certs did not cost much to me because of my jeweler's courtesy, but I think memos and certs are important when buying stones, even from our cutters since their suppliers may make mistakes as well.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ring- when you take more photos i want to see the shank!!! It looks lovely! :love: :appl: :love: :appl:

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Crasru - that is an absolutely stunning ring, and you wear it so well! The colour looks amazing, and those prongs look so well done!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
That is a knockout! The setting does that gorgeous stone all the justice it deserves.

--- Laurie

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's stunning Crasu!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful stone & setting. Congratulations Crasru!

maebelle

Brilliant_Rock
:love:

This is absolutely gorgeous! Wear it in health

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
It looks great - wonderfully done!

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
Such bright pretty colors for those dark Seattle winter days!
You can just look at them and feel like summer!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful stone and the setting is perfect for it.

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful stone and looks great in the setting!

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous ring..........more photos, please, profile especially. :mrgreen:

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
looks like a bright and fitting setting for a fine rare stone. You hit a home-run!

iLander

Ideal_Rock
That is so gorgeous! :love:

That is an amazing piece of jewelry, enjoy it! :appl:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, if those are the bad photos, I can't wait to see the "better" photos. Gorgeous ring!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, these are not better, but it is evening. My office, different places. It is not the brightest place on earth.

evenkt111.JPG

lowlight222.JPG

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The reason I am choosing poor light is my wish to show how it performs in normal, human conditions when I am wearing it. Not when everything is perfect.

sapeve1212.JPG

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Two more in dark places...

sappheven444.JPG

sappheven222.JPG

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And whatever side views I got... I shall try to make more, but my hand was not steady. It is not a euroshank and it is hard to make it stand on the counter.

sidesap222.JPG

saphsideday111.JPG

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry, I have not thanked anyone. I shall do it when I come home. I am still crawling in an empty office, trying to find darker places... :lol: But seriously, today at daytime my camera's setting were: no flash, lowlight and (yet another word the meaning of which I do not know but I think it is cr..py) conditions. This is life. The stone stands its ground.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, Sarahbear, LaurenThePartier and JF! Thank you, MTG, Matata and Maebelle! Thank you, Cindi1, OOO"Shiney! and LtlFirecracker! Thank you, Alene, TexaskJ and VapidLapid! Thank you, TL and iLander

Interesting how monitors change colors! They look incredibly bright on my office monitor and dull here. Maybe that is why I am fine taking pictures in the dark and no one here understands it. Even the darkest ones look bright on my monitor (it is very new). Not so at home... The offfice one is closer to life.

OK... scene in a bank. I walked in to deposit a check. Five minutes shy of closing time, there are no customers. The teller looks at my chryso bracelet and gasps, "Oh, it is so beautiful"! I proudly explain that it is chrysoberyl (it produces approximately the same effect as if I started discussing Camus with a teenager who just finished "Twilight"). No sign of recognition. Then I proudly show my sapphire ring...

She: "Where did you get it?"
Me: "From a precision cutter"
She: "Where is the Precision Cutter?"
Me: "It is a guy... He cuts beautiful stones"
She: "And the diamonds?"
Me: "From my jeweler".

And then this girl takes my hand in hers, takes off the ring and puts it on her finger. And starts ooh-ing and aah-ing. Her coworker is struggling, trying not to laugh.

I thought the teller's spontaneity was pretty sweet. The girl was very young, in her early 20-es. Probably a year or two above a teenager. I like teenagers.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Crasru,
I thought your photography is pretty good, considering the very poor lighting which is evident. Don’t worry about the glamour shots as I cannot be bothered to do that for many reasons, namely I don’t have flowering plants and I’m too worried about the stone/ring dropping onto the ground never to be found again or even possibly damaged. I thought the setting for your sapphire is very nice until I saw the profile! It’s great. BTW, who did the setting for your pink stone? I like it how it adds a bit of bling to an otherwise very simple and understated bezel setting.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

It is lovely. Wear it in health.

cheer--Sharon

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful stone, and the setting is very fitting. Enjoy it!

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
That is absolutely gorgeous, Crasru! I love the setting, and the stone seems to glow and spark in all lighting. Enjoy! :appl: :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results