shape
carat
color
clarity

Jeff White Tourmalines in LOGR settings

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I finally received my two Jeff White Tourmalines back from my jeweler- here is the orginal thread about them. Here are the vendor photos which are not fantastic but you get the main point.

First up, a greenish-blue tourmaline 1.40 ct in a LOGR Tiffany/ halo setting with upgraded diamonds. I had it bezel set so I''m hoping it looks allright in RL.

SarahTour1234.jpg

SB621

Ideal_Rock
A shot from the front:

FrontSarahTour1234.jpg

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Next up is my Jeff White asscher cut minty green tourmaline which unfortunately is completely ruined by the flast in this shot.
The vitals are: 1.49 ct. and 6.5 mm.
Clarity is excellent, with just a couple of inclusions near the girdle that aren't easily-found. Jeff says, "The photo hints at some brown undertones, and those are NOT there in reality. Maybe the camera was picking up some skin reflection or something. The color is a lovely light mint green."

I had it set in the simple bagette LOGR setting and had the prongs shaved down to be more pointy. I did not upgrade the diamonds on this setting.

AsscherMintSarah1234.jpg

SB621

Ideal_Rock
For reference here is the vendor photo from JW of the asscher mint tourmaline- once again the color is coming up a little funny here too...it is much minter in RL.

TML082sarahminty147.jpg

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
They are both lovely!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Wow Sarahbear, they both look great! I took a peek at your last thread - are you still planning to put the cushion garnet from Gene in a LOGR legacy?

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Very nice, especially the bezeled one!

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
I love how minty the stones are and especially the LOGR Legacy setting!

Nicely done!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
They''re both lovely-looking forward to hand shots!

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
fab!! can''t wait for more pics!

onvacation

Brilliant_Rock
Wow I must say that''s one of the best LOGR legacy settings I''ve seen! You got lucky :) Enjoy your pretties!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whoever bezeled the top stone did a nice job, it's a pretty even bezel, which is difficult to do. The second ring is understated and elegant. Enjoy your new rings!! BTW, the second ring already comes with VS diamonds, so there's no need to upgrade.
1.gif
2.gif

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love them both!
36.gif

virgoruby

Shiny_Rock
Both rings are lovely! Look forward to more pics!

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
I really like the colours. They look great in the settings.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/2/2010 11:47:48 AM
Author: cellentani
Wow Sarahbear, they both look great! I took a peek at your last thread - are you still planning to put the cushion garnet from Gene in a LOGR legacy?
Hi Cellentani,

I think I will but I will put it in the prong set legacy version. That stone has a much darker tone and I don''t want it to loose that color if I bezel set it. Plus the whole bezel set thing was a pain with my jeweler.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/2/2010 6:35:00 PM
Author: Sarahbear621

Hi Cellentani,

I think I will but I will put it in the prong set legacy version. That stone has a much darker tone and I don''t want it to loose that color if I bezel set it. Plus the whole bezel set thing was a pain with my jeweler.
Nice idea on the prong legacy - that was my exactly my thought for your garnet too. Like you, I also had a difficult time with the bezel on my LOGR legacy, and I ended up paying quite a bit to have the stone set. I now think that bezels are best if they''re custom-made for the stone, especially if you like a thin bezel. Yours looks great though, and your jeweler did a really nice job.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/2/2010 7:07:39 PM
Author: cellentani

Date: 4/2/2010 6:35:00 PM
Author: Sarahbear621

Hi Cellentani,

Nice idea on the prong legacy - that was my exactly my thought for your garnet too. Like you, I also had a difficult time with the bezel on my LOGR legacy, and I ended up paying quite a bit to have the stone set. I now think that bezels are best if they''re custom-made for the stone, especially if you like a thin bezel. Yours looks great though, and your jeweler did a really nice job.
Thank you- I use a jeweler out of Hong Kong because they are much cheaper. He only charged me $60 to set the two stones in the setting plus he needed to add white gold to the legacy setting for the bezel. Overall I''m usually pretty pleased with his work. I just wish he took better photos!
2.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty - I''m loving both, but especially that minty asscher!

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, they''re beautiful! I love both shades of green :)

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty. I hope you take your own pictures when you receive them!

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
looking good
36.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m impressed with the workmanship of the first ring! I’d never guess it was an LOGR!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sarah,
Did you get your rings back from the jeweler?

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/2/2010 9:10:09 PM
Author: Brown.Eyed.Girl
Very pretty - I''m loving both, but especially that minty asscher!
My thoughts exactly.... that minty asscher is incredible!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/24/2010 3:11:34 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Sarah,
Did you get your rings back from the jeweler?
Not yet- I pick them up on Saturday- May 1st. Though I''m insanely impatient at this point. I really want to see the minty asscher in person. I''m nervous that the white gold setting was the wrong choice and it drained the color of the stone.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Real Life Shots!! To me this shows the color the best out of all the pictures I took- though it is still dark, but I guess that is what you get when you take photos in your kitchen at night. In RL the stone is much more vibrant and bright.

Note that I did not take photos of my JW asscher in the bagette setting. I was truely disappointed with that ring. THe white gold really washes out the minty color
14.gif

JWtourSarah111.jpg

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Number 2

jwtoursarah212.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results