shape
carat
color
clarity

Jeff White large Emerald cut purple sapphire!!

Great stone! Can’t wait to see how you set it. Have you already decided on the setting?

I am going back and forth on a 3 stone or double edge halo knife edge. I have been in contact with Chris from Brilliant Earth as I like his work from
His Instagram and here and he is a very nice patient guy. Any recommendations are helpful!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
I am going back and forth on a 3 stone or double edge halo knife edge. I have been in contact with Chris from Brilliant Earth as I like his work from
His Instagram and here and he is a very nice patient guy. Any recommendations are helpful!

Just read this so I’ll be wary:

Just read this so I’ll be wary:

Wow! Thank you so much for posting this, I will NOT be going forward with them, I would be devastated. Thank you again!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@icy_jade, you beat to it re: BE scam thread.

DK :))

There have been a few comments on the cut being very good vs excellent. I have reached out to the gemologist to get some clarity. In addition I was a bit concerned about the appraisal value as well. When I look online for what I consider a comparable purple sapphire 5 carats it's in the 12-15k range, therefore I want to ensure accuracy. She is very good from my opinion but IF (God forbid) anything happens to this stone I don't want to be out a few thousand for replacement. I probably would not think twice if I wouldn't have lost my first engagement ring,

Hivona

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
There have been a few comments on the cut being very good vs excellent. I have reached out to the gemologist to get some clarity. In addition I was a bit concerned about the appraisal value as well. When I look online for what I consider a comparable purple sapphire 5 carats it's in the 12-15k range, therefore I want to ensure accuracy. She is very good from my opinion but IF (God forbid) anything happens to this stone I don't want to be out a few thousand for replacement. I probably would not think twice if I wouldn't have lost my first engagement ring,

Will be interesting to see the second opinion.. I have no experience in appraisals! Good luck. I am sure your original person is good, my comment on Jeff White's cutting being very good vs excellent is I can't imagine what he could do to improve upon the cutting! The few gemstones I have cut by him are perfect! However, I am not looking at them through a loupe so maybe that is where the differences are.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you sure you don’t mean Chris from Brilliantly Engaged?

Will be interesting to see the second opinion.. I have no experience in appraisals! Good luck. I am sure your original person is good, my comment on Jeff White's cutting being very good vs excellent is I can't imagine what he could do to improve upon the cutting! The few gemstones I have cut by him are perfect! However, I am not looking at them through a loupe so maybe that is where the differences are.

Did you get the pieces appraised by a gemologist, or send to AGL to be certified? I did speak to her and she will speak to her colleague but I think her thought is excellent would be the equivalent of IF for a diamond which is even more rare for a sapphire since sapphires are cut for color. She basically overall graded the stone a 7 fine (7,8 is fine, and 9,10 is very fine for GIA grading). I truly think it’s a 8, but I don’t particularly like when people question my expertise especially someone that is not well versed in my field, so I respect her opinion. However, i think a valid question to her is what would make this cut excellent, and on the market today what stone do you see that compares,
Are you sure you don’t mean Chris from Brilliantly Engaged?

Yes, Chris from brilliantly engaged. Sorry, I have looked at so many vendors. I looked on the vendor list and think I saw Chris is why I reached out to him.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I once contacted brilliantly ENGAGED for a quote on a three stone. no budget, just told him what I was after. The response I got was “why don’t you just use a stock setting”
Turned me off completely.
thoUgh his CADS can take time I feel dk does a great job.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
I see baguette sides www or small square cuts [caré or French] in a bar like arrangement

with or without a halo.

It is worth asking what her standard for Excellent cut is - possibly AGTA competition standards.

I see baguette sides www or small square cuts [caré or French] in a bar like arrangement

with or without a halo.

It is worth asking what her standard for Excellent cut is - possibly AGTA competition standards.

That is very classy, I never thought of that, thank you!

Reactions: AV_
I once contacted brilliantly ENGAGED for a quote on a three stone. no budget, just told him what I was after. The response I got was “why don’t you just use a stock setting”
Turned me off completely.
thoUgh his CADS can take time I feel dk does a great job.

Chris was very pleasant via email. I am definitely not going with a stock setting as this stone deserves something custom and spectacular. I contacted VC did NOT speak to Victor but via Chat with a rep and they were not very helpful. I might do better calling. Leon Mege requested I call. i am so undecided on the setting so wanted to narrow it down before I speak with either. Thank you for the feedback

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chris was very pleasant via email. I am definitely not going with a stock setting as this stone deserves something custom and spectacular. I contacted VC did NOT speak to Victor but via Chat with a rep and they were not very helpful. I might do better calling. Leon Mege requested I call. i am so undecided on the setting so wanted to narrow it down before I speak with either. Thank you for the feedback

I was not suggesting a stock setting - just sharing my experience with trying to get a quote though him.
Hopefully you can find someone who will execute your vision.
I personally am team three stone as I Think a halo is too basic for how extraordinary the stone is.

I was not suggesting a stock setting - just sharing my experience with trying to get a quote though him.
Hopefully you can find someone who will execute your vision.
I personally am team three stone as I Think a halo is too basic for how extraordinary the stone is.

I didn't think you were. I think reading that I was just like "oh no" lol. I think I am heavily leaning toward a three stone, halo. I don't want to rush this although this was supposed to be almost complete by now. I want something very special as I really love this stone.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results