shape
carat
color
clarity

Jeff White, Dana Reynolds and Julia Kay Taylor

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
I actually received these before we went on holiday, and then once we got back, I spent several days trying to photograph these pieces so the photos even begin to do justice to the gemstones and Julia Kay Taylor's workmanship, but...I give up. You'll have to take my word for it that these are really beautiful.

By now I'm sure you're all used to my horrendous photography, so brace yourselves:

Argentium and 18k green gold earrings, set with peridots that were a gift from Dana Reynolds, 2.7ctw, 7mm.

IMG_0078.jpg

IMG_0079.jpg

IMG_0084_0.jpg

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
This is a seafoam tourmaline cut by Jeff White, 1.78 ct, 7.8mm. I just love Jeff's cushions! Julia set it in Argentium silver.

IMG_0092.jpg

IMG_0087.jpg

IMG_0081.jpg

None of the photos are accurate so far as color goes, but I hope you get the general idea!

faegrace

Shiny_Rock
Aoife ~

Ooooh, LOVELY!!! :love: Gorgeous gem and alloy combo. Perfect bezels. Yum!

I saw those in her earring gallery pics and wondered who the lucky lady might be. :cheeky: It's no secret I have a thing for green.
Ear shots please? And your photos are far from horrendous!

Enjoy your new sparklies, Aoife

~ faegrace

faegrace

Shiny_Rock
And that ring is so, so pretty! :love: :love: :love:

It looks like soothing, cool water. Nice flowing lines. Jeff's cushions are TDF, I agree.

Again, enjoy!

petit_bijou

Shiny_Rock
faegrace|1308882818|2953690 said:
It looks like soothing, cool water.

It does look like water! It's gorgeous!!! It has a great presence, but it's delicate at the same time. Love it!

The earrings are beautiful too- enjoy them! :)

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both are lovely but I really love the ring!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
They're so gorgeous! I have a green gold and silver piece from Julia, and it really adds something interesting and different. She does such lovely work, and she's still my favorite Etsy artist, even considering that I can't really afford her anymore.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
The earrings are so interesting! Beautiful flowing lines & love the design. Shows off the stones nicely.

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
Faegrace, there is something soothing, cool and water-like about the ring, I agree. I was blown away by the design for the earrings from the very first sketch, and I really liked the ring design, but wasn't bowled over by it. After having it in hand for several weeks, though, the ring is what I find myself wearing almost constantly. It's one of those pieces that grows on you, which actually surprised me a bit. Thanks for the compliment on the photos: I bought a new camera because our younger DD kept on borrowing the old camera to take on race trips, and this new camera does seem to take better photos. The resolution is better, but the colors are still off--so frustrating.

petit_bijou, thank you! I left the choice of metal for the ring up to JKT, and I love how cool and fresh the combination looks.

Bright Ice thank you for the compliment. Do I foresee a Julia Kay Taylor ring in your future? I remember that you had asked about her in a previous thread. :naughty:

jstarfireb, thank you! I had originally intended to send Julia a different pair of stones to be set in earrings, some darker green tourmalines, but when the time to send them to her rolled around we were in the middle of our first heat wave, and I was craving something spring-like and fresh, so I sent her the peridots. That was pretty much the sum total of the input I gave her regarding design, and I was really excited to see the green gold and silver combination, as well as the leaf motif she's used before. I've always loved your prasiolite ring from her. And prices for all my favorite vendors have just gone through the roof, I know what you mean.

JewelFreak, thank you, I love the flowing lines, too, it's one of the things that draws me to her work.

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
Ahhhhh, what a GREAT, lyrical way to set those Trillions !!!!
I have something like that too, and have been stumped with any
setting ideas for them.
Yours are BEAUTIFUL !!!!!

I adore that elegant ring, as well ~ simple and beautiful !!!! :love: :cheeky: :love: :cheeky:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely pieces Aofie, great workmanship and design.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! I really love that seafoam tourm.

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
ooo~Shiney! Thank you, "lyrical" is a perfect description. Are you planning on doing earrings with your trillions? I think trillions and pears make wonderful earrings, so I'd love to see what you come up with.

Thanks, TL, I am very happy with both workmanship and design, although in these macro photos, although the colors are "off," I did seem to notice a small irregularity in the bezel of the ring, which the naked eye (or my naked eye!) doesn't see. Very odd.

IndyLady, I love that tourmaline, too! I wish my photos didn't make it look so grey/green/weird, but IRL it really lights up and holds it's color in almost all lights except deep shadow.

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! both pieces are stunning. I love the use of the green gold in the earrings, and they are so wearable for formal or casual occasions. :love: And that ring: what a perfect showcase for that beautiful stone. Simple but not datable. Classic. enjoy them both! :D

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty but I especially love the earrings!

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous pieces!!! I love your earrings!! The shape and color of your periodots and the design...Breathtaking!! :love:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aoife|1308945780|2954245 said:
ooo~Shiney! Thank you, "lyrical" is a perfect description. Are you planning on doing earrings with your trillions? I think trillions and pears make wonderful earrings, so I'd love to see what you come up with.

Thanks, TL, I am very happy with both workmanship and design, although in these macro photos, although the colors are "off," I did seem to notice a small irregularity in the bezel of the ring, which the naked eye (or my naked eye!) doesn't see. Very odd.

IndyLady, I love that tourmaline, too! I wish my photos didn't make it look so grey/green/weird, but IRL it really lights up and holds it's color in almost all lights except deep shadow.

In macro photos, bezels almost always look a litle off. If you can't see it with the naked eye, you should be good, but I know people that are uber picky about bezels, and they want them to be perfect under a microscope. ;-)

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! They are both beautiful!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
<gently chanting> ear shots, ear shots, ear shots... I LOVE that ring I love the simple elegant bezel and the color of that stone. Wear them well.

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
natsplat, thank you, I love the green gold, too!

Kismet, ZestfullyBling and tyty333, thank you so much! The earrings really do make me smile every time I wear them.

TL After seeing the irregularity in the macro photos I went back over the ring and IRL there just isn't anything to see or feel. It must have been a shadow or something.

Minou I'll try to get one of my DD's over to model for me so I can take some earshots. I'm totally incapable of photographing my own ears! Thank you for the compliment!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results