shape
carat
color
clarity

Jeff Davies Amethyst

tankyu

Rough_Rock
Well, the hunt for engagement ring stone has been a long and frustrating venture so far, but all of the beautiful stones in this forum prompted me to do some CS shopping outside of sphere of "expensive" sapphires.

I've been looking at many vendors sites daily, hunting for that elusive sapphire, but Jeff Davies' eBay sales particularly caught my eye. He seemed to have some really nicely cut and colored gems to be had for quite a bargain.

Which is what I got! I just won the auction on this pair of Uruguayan amethyst! I know they'll probably be fairly dark, but they were sparkly and cheap and they make me happy. It's been a fun Tuesday :D

Item Description:

Weight - 1.36ct total
Size - 6 mm matching pair
Clarity - eye clean
Origin - Uruguay
Treatment: None

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=AIw2k2m27eM

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jeff does have some nice stones and very good prices! Fun way to get started, um addicted...and build your collection. Do you have plans for them?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh yes, JD's auctions via eBay can be very additive, be warned!

DK :bigsmile:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats! I love these Ammy's. Jeff has great stones for very reasonable prices. Will you create earrings or studs with these?

tankyu

Rough_Rock
Yes, I've already looked back through his auctions to see if anything else catches my eye! It's a slippery slope....

I very rarely wear yellow gold jewelry, even when I wear jewelry at all, but these just seem to be begging to be set in it. I am thinking earrings, which my SO said he would have made for me! But I have no idea about real shapes or anything yet. I think he may also have some small tsavorites left over from my birthday present, and I think the vivid green may look interesting next to the purple, depending on what the stones actually look like in-hand.

Speaking of which. They have already shipped! I just won the auction last night, but apparently Jeff's got some pretty quick turnaround. I'm so excited!

nojs

Shiny_Rock
Please post pictures when they arrive. I'm not very good reading JD's photos or videos, and have had the stones look very different in hand.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just be prepared for them to arrive looking much darker than pictured. Other than that, this is a great way to start your collection. And yes, they are just screaming to be set in a yellow metal. :cheeky:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results