shape
carat
color
clarity

Jedi Spinel vs Raspberry

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fascinating to see gems compared to a reference.

I find it more difficult to "judge" hue when a gem is all alone.
But in a well-selected comparison, like above, it's somehow 'easier' to 'understand' or get to know the hue.

Am I getting too hoohoo?

Screenshot 2023-08-05 at 5.00.07 AM.png

landscape

Shiny_Rock
Fascinating to see gems compared to a reference.

I find it more difficult to "judge" hue when a gem is all alone.
But in a well-selected comparison, like above, it's somehow 'easier' to 'understand' or get to know the hue.

Am I getting too hoohoo?

Screenshot 2023-08-05 at 5.00.07 AM.png

When evaluating gemstones based on gemstone pictures, reference objects and contrast objects are needed, because the angle of shooting of gemstones and the shooting environment have a great influence on the photos.
DSC_7978.jpg
DSC_7989.jpg DSC_7997.jpg DSC_8017.jpg

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you this is a wonderful explanation!

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock
These stones look so delicious against the raspberry, and thank you for yet another masterclass! :geek2:

viridian

Rough_Rock
All these red spinels together with the raspberry make them look so juicy, I'm drooling now :lickout:

To me the pinkish-red jedi looks the yummiest, but do you have a personal favorite among them? I'm curious as you have such a great collection:)

landscape

Shiny_Rock
All these red spinels together with the raspberry make them look so juicy, I'm drooling now :lickout:

To me the pinkish-red jedi looks the yummiest, but do you have a personal favorite among them? I'm curious as you have such a great collection:)

I have a dream to collect all kinds of gemstones, so every gemstone is carefully selected , all of them are favorites

viridian

Rough_Rock
I have a dream to collect all kinds of gemstones, so every gemstone is carefully selected , all of them are favorites

That's amazing:) Please keep on posting your collections the photo quality and the gems are both soooo good and helpful!

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock

Out of curiosity @landscape , do you always see gemstones in person before adding them to your collection, or do you also buy online?

And I'd be interested to know if you keep a 'wishlist' and/or will there ever be a 'finished' collection?

Please feel free to tell me if I'm being too nosy! Your passion and knowledge of CS is incredible and I'm just curious about your thought/curation process.

landscape

Shiny_Rock
Out of curiosity @landscape , do you always see gemstones in person before adding them to your collection, or do you also buy online?

And I'd be interested to know if you keep a 'wishlist' and/or will there ever be a 'finished' collection?

Please feel free to tell me if I'm being too nosy! Your passion and knowledge of CS is incredible and I'm just curious about your thought/curation process.

There are both physical store channels and online channels for purchase, and there are also some origin seller channels.
There is no wishlist, because I collect gem varieties, and when I encounter varieties that I don’t have(can be a photo), I will decide to buy or give up in a short time,

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Drooling over the colors. I want one.

wordie89

Brilliant_Rock
Landscape what a delicious collection!! Thank you for sharing!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results