shape
carat
color
clarity

JCK Las Vegas 2018

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I still have 2 young kids so my question is, “What can I afford?” BUT, I do know that I would like to take home one of each ;-)

I remember those days well but hope you can squeeze in something special for yourself! :dance:

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You missed an excellent dinner! :)

I'm not sure what our plans are for today. Jon will be at his exhibit booth, and I think DK will be at the antiques and watches fair at the Convention Center, which is off the strip a ways. The rest of us will be hitting up the couture show, and the colored gems - where we hope to do a little shopping. I know I, for one, have my eye on a nice pair of rubies I saw yesterday! :mrgreen:

I am confused, I thought JCK is open to the trade only. Can consumers attend?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Linh...Thanks for posting these Pics..:wavey:

darlinh

Rough_Rock
Trade
ERICA COURTNEY
www.ericacourtney.com

Victoria Pendant - 114.56ct Colorless Topaz center with Mahenge Spinel, Mandarine Garnet, Rubelite Tourmaline and diamonds in 18k yellow gold:
erica-courtney_victoria-pendant.JPG erica-courtney-victoria-pendant2.JPG

Emerald City Pendant - 105.99ct Muzo Emerald (Columbian) and diamonds in 18k yellow gold:
erica-courtney-emerald-city-pendant.JPG erica-courtney-emerald-city-pendant2.JPG

Etoile Ring - 7.71ct African Paraiba Tourmaline center with Brazilian Paraiba and diamonds in 18k yellow gold:
erica-courtney-etoile-ring.JPG erica-courtney-etoile-ring2.JPG

Dragon Egg Pendant - 117.4ct Tourmaline center, 11.2ct small Tourmaline and diamonds in 18k yellow gold:
erica-courtney-dragon-egg1.jpg erica-courtney-dragon-egg2.PNG

Others:
erica-courtney-earrings1.JPG erica-courtney-ring1.JPG

Last edited:

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Met up with some awesome PSers at JCK - and I know for a fact that a couple of them have something to share...ahem!... @stonewell ....!!

I’m here!! lol It was so fabulous to connect - there was an impromptu bling exchange and share. I am still in complete awe after having the opportunity to see @Mrs-b’s phenomenal ACA in person. :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

I do have an update that my long sapphire hunt is finally over. Yay! I can’t tell y’all how grateful I am to have had the help and support from PSers on this - it’s such a nerve-wracking effort to find the right one. My update post is here:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/searching-for-a-blue-sapphire.239878/#post-4350928

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stonewell - that 'impromptu bling exchange' was a hoot! Talk about 5 addicts meeting in a corridor!! Your rings are all so LUSH - and I was completely bowled over by your rose gold set! I took one look at it and in my head went "Ohhhh - I'm havin' one of THOSE!" - which is why I was trying to work out the size of the stones! :mrgreen:

And did you not LOVE @lorrissey's diamond edging on her jaw dropping EC? Good lord! You women really know how to rock a diamond!!

Such a pleasure to meet you. :))

Last edited:

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@stonewell - that 'impromptu bling exchange' was a hoot! Talk about 5 addicts meeting in a corridor!! Your rings are all so LUSH - and I was completely bowled over by your rose gold set! I took one look at it and in my head went "Ohhhh - I'm havin' one of THOSE!" - which is why I was trying to work out the size of the stones! :mrgreen:

And did you not LOVE Lorissey's diamond edging on her jaw dropping EC? Good lord! You women really know how to rock a diamond!!

Such a pleasure to meet you. :))

Yes, “addicts meeting in a corridor” is an accurate description. :lol: Thanks for your kind words... I absolutely love what DK did to rehab my eternity. It’s such a staple piece for me - I think you’ll love having one in your collection too.

And Lorriseey’s EC is TDF! It’s such a classy and sophisticated setting and I couldn’t help but think - now that’s an emerald ring!

I’m so thrilled to have finally met some of the fab women in-person, it was a pleasure indeed. =)2

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You missed an excellent dinner! :)

I'm not sure what our plans are for today. Jon will be at his exhibit booth, and I think DK will be at the antiques and watches fair at the Convention Center, which is off the strip a ways. The rest of us will be hitting up the couture show, and the colored gems - where we hope to do a little shopping. I know I, for one, have my eye on a nice pair of rubies I saw yesterday! :mrgreen:
Oh I thought only trade could go to JCK! I'm so sorry I missed Vegas now.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
ANKIT GEMS
www.ankitgems.com

25ct Black Diamond
black-diamond-25ct.JPG
How good are the photos folks!!!!
This was a sparkly black diamond - never seen one as good as this. sometimes you can see part the way into some of the untotally carbonised /grapahtised parts - but you could see about 1/3rd the way in the the flaws were sparkling

blueMA

Brilliant_Rock
How good are the photos folks!!!!
This was a sparkly black diamond - never seen one as good as this. sometimes you can see part the way into some of the untotally carbonised /grapahtised parts - but you could see about 1/3rd the way in the the flaws were sparkling
Looks like a night sky! :o

Miki Moto

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi! I hope it's okay to ask in this thread, but why are some of these high end pieces set in white gold versus platinum (e.g. the pearl earrings, emerald ring, ruby ring).

I saw this also at the Tucson Gem Show (the shows where the Public can attend). I rarely saw anything in platinum, and any white metal was white gold.

Any insight would be appreciated.

darlinh

Rough_Rock
Trade

Technically, no consumers can go by themselves but there might be exceptions . . . like an invitation from an exhibitor.

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
:-oWow, thanks for sharing the video. that black diamond is beautiful!

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi! I hope it's okay to ask in this thread, but why are some of these high end pieces set in white gold versus platinum (e.g. the pearl earrings, emerald ring, ruby ring).

I saw this also at the Tucson Gem Show (the shows where the Public can attend). I rarely saw anything in platinum, and any white metal was white gold.

Any insight would be appreciated.
Earrings especially, but often with larger rings too, platinum is very heavy.
if the maain story is design or colored gems, and it is high end costume / fashion, the piece will be worn on occasion - so the long wearing benefits of plat are not relevant like they are with E and w rings

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Earrings especially, but often with larger rings too, platinum is very heavy.
if the maain story is design or colored gems, and it is high end costume / fashion, the piece will be worn on occasion - so the long wearing benefits of plat are not relevant like they are with E and w rings
Exactly. Palladium is even a better choice for large earrings in terms of its light weight, although it seems to have lost favor in recent years.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I finally got around to seeing this eye-candy. Thank you all for sharing.

Wink

blueMA

Brilliant_Rock
It's been hectic so I finally posted a video on the sparkling black diamond for you:

Enjoy!
I can't stand how badly I want these rare beautiful gems. That black diamond looks like a rare unicorn. :cry2::cry2::cry2:

darlinh

Rough_Rock
Trade
I'm going to finally finish my posts for JCK but I don't remember the carat size.

August Vintage
www.augustvintageinc.com
Jonathan "Rhino" Weingarten

AGS Ideal Cut Opulence Oval
ags-ideal-cut-opulence-oval-by-august-vintage.jpg

darlinh

Rough_Rock
Trade
Leibish & Co.
www.leibish.com

5.19 carats Emerald ring surrounded with a halo of colorless oval diamonds and Fancy Intense Yellow diamonds mounted in 18K yellow gold:
leibish-5-19-carats-emerald-halo-oval-diamonds-fancy-intense-yellow-radiant-ring-top-view.JPG
leibish-5-19-carats-emerald-halo-oval-diamonds-fancy-intense-yellow-radiant-ring-side-view.JPG

11.12 carats Emerald earrings:
leibish-11-12-carats-emerald-earrings.JPG

5.36 carats rubies and fancy pink diamond bracelet mounted in 18K white and rose gold:
leibish-5-36-carats-ruby-fancy-pink-diamond-bracelet.JPG

UNHEATED gemstones bracelet and necklace:
leibish-unheated-gemstones.JPG

blueMA

Brilliant_Rock
5.19 carats Emerald ring surrounded with a halo of colorless oval diamonds and Fancy Intense Yellow diamonds mounted in 18K yellow gold:
leibish-5-19-carats-emerald-halo-oval-diamonds-fancy-intense-yellow-radiant-ring-top-view-jpg.632137

That emerald looks so flawless and transparent in the center that it looks fake! :-o

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Technically, no consumers can go by themselves but there might be exceptions . . . like an invitation from an exhibitor.

For everyone's info -

I chased up on this and apparently non-trade members are allowed to go if they go as 'accompanied buyers'. Not 'buyers' as in trade buyers - but buyers as in plain consumers. You have to be accompanied and you can't go to the 'restricted to trade' areas (such as the couture exhibit, which we weren't able to attend). But an attending trade person can register an accompanying buyer for free. This is so trade members can take clients who are looking for gems for specific projects. I'm not sure if there is a numerical limit on how many buyers any trade member can take, but I'm guessing - maybe.

Basically, it's another way of buying a gem for a specific project. It's free, and it's open to anyone doing a project with a jeweler attending. You just need the attending jeweler to fill out some brief paperwork.

Last edited:

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you think they'd mind if the PS-vendors each brought along 20+ 'accompanied buyers' or so, like a hoard of staring groupies?? :lol: lol

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results