shape
carat
color
clarity

JCK 2009

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

JCK 2009

It’s that time of the year again! Many of you know that JCK (Jeweler Circular Keystone) holds one of the largest gatherings of jewelers and industry experts from around the world every year during this time. This is an ideal opportunity to learn about advances in the industry and to find out about the latest and greatest trends. For the last several years, Pricescope has been represented at JCK and I will be there again starting tomorrow. I will spend the week among masses of jewelry and gemstones and hope to find some interesting reports to bring back here. If anyone has anything specific that they would like me to investigate, please post here and let me know. I will do my best to bring you updates, information and pictures from your favorite designers, jewelers and even PS experts. To make it easier to follow, I will post updates on Twitter as well. http://twitter.com/Pricescope

So, feel free to give me a list of things you would like to see and I will do my best to bring all you want to know about JCK 2009!

[Edited: Forgot to link the previous years]

Thank you John for those excellent reports!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/scenes-from-jck-2005.29452/
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/scenes-from-jck-2006.46041/
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/scenes-from-jck-2007.63107/
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/scenes-from-jck-2008.86354/

More information about JCK Las Vegas here: http://www.jcklasvegasshow.com/en/JCK-Home/

Andrey

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have a super time Andrey!!
35.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
general state and feel of the industry.
Thoughts on the direction and future of the industry.
Any new cut or grading information.

Have Fun!!!!!

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Andrey,

Mainly I''m writing to tell you to "break a leg," and best wishes in your travels. I suppose since you''ll be in Las Vegas...please be careful to not lose your shirt!

Things I''d be interested in, whether through the grape vine, through your own squeezing of grapes, etc...

- Re AGS...Feedback on gold vs platinum

- Comments from developers or retailers on Fair Trade Diamonds

- whether the people you''re doing business, for those of whom you''re meeting with the first time...are actually interesting, dull, angry, friendly, who you expected them to be, or not...

Warm regards,

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Lorelei - Thank you. I will try!

Strmrdr - Thank you too. I plan to attend several meeting and hope to report on it. I am sure that John Pollard and the rest of the experts will join in as well.

Regular Guy - Thank you too. I don''t think i will have time to play, but i will keep you words in mind.
emsmile.gif

I will give you the low down on all the trade people I meet.
emwink.gif

HeartingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi Andrey,

Well, have fun! Erica and I considered going and would have loved to meet you but perhaps next year?

I am very curious to hear about jewelry trends, any antique jewelry news (of course!) and the mood of the market, in general.

35.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/26/2009 3:30:35 PM
Author: strmrdr
general state and feel of the industry.
Thoughts on the direction and future of the industry.
Any new cut or grading information.

Have Fun!!!!!
Ditto.

And have a great time!
10.gif

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
When do you arrive Andre? John and I arrive today, Paul is already there and I suspect maybe Garry is too. I am looking forward to seeing you again.

I am a Twitter Neanderthal, I have an account but do not collect it or send to it via my phone, but you are right, it would be a great way to pass on quick tidbits of information. Of course, I find the 140 charector limit to be quite restricting, I am not used to such short bursts...

Wink

Paul-Antwerp

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hey Andrey,

We arrived yesterday evening. Looking forward to your arrival.

Must say, weather is not bad.

Live long,

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Hi,

HeartingDiamond and Ellen - thank you! I will try to have a fun time and see what i can find out.

Wink and Paul - I Arrive today around 4 pm . I am finishing packing now and need to get to the airport soon.

I will update my progress on twitter. :)

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I''ll be there for the afternoon sessions on 5/28. My flight arrives mid-morning tomorrow. I am definitely looking forward to seeing you all there.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Groovy for Twitter updates!!! Have a great time
36.gif
looking forward to pictures!!!

John P

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hey...
emstar.gif
Glitter Twitter
emstar.gif

Groovy.

I'm wheels down. According to ancient legend (or a txt from GH) the Australian delegation shall soon rise from their recovery-slumber. I feel it is my duty to protect Sin City from the havok they might wreak if left unchecked.
2.gif

See you all soon.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/27/2009 6:41:36 PM
Author: John Pollard
Hey...
emstar.gif
Glitter Twitter
emstar.gif

Groovy.

I''m wheels down. According to ancient legend (or a txt from GH) the Australian delegation shall soon rise from their recovery-slumber. I feel it is my duty to protect Sin City from the havok they might wreak if left unchecked.
2.gif

See you all soon.
lol.gif

Have fun "protecting" the city.
9.gif

I''m so jealous!
11.gif

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Here in Sin City gemologists gather in small groups to plan for the eventual world domination that they have long sought, listen in to one of their private conversations...

http://www.screencast.com/t/ZW7zERF8x

Wink

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Later this nefarious group made their way to a Japanese restaurant to continue their planning and did a little research into the fire issue while there.

http://www.screencast.com/t/oUj13ilA

Wink

P.S. Perhaps tomorrow there will be more newsworthy events taking place.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/27/2009 6:41:36 PM
Author: John Pollard
Hey...
emstar.gif
Glitter Twitter
emstar.gif

Groovy.

I''m wheels down. According to ancient legend (or a txt from GH) the Australian delegation shall soon rise from their recovery-slumber. I feel it is my duty to protect Sin City from the havok they might wreak if left unchecked.
2.gif

See you all soon.
31.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/28/2009 1:48:09 AM
Author: Wink
Later this nefarious group made their way to a Japanese restaurant to continue their planning and did a little research into the fire issue while there.

http://www.screencast.com/t/oUj13ilA

Wink

P.S. Perhaps tomorrow there will be more newsworthy events taking place.
Sir Winkie, I can hear your dulcet tones in the background....Can you tell me what that white swirly exploding thingie being hit with a flame thrower was please?
34.gif

I am not familiar with Japanese cuisine.
16.gif

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 5/28/2009 4:12:15 AM
Author: Lorelei

Sir Winkie, I can hear your dulcet tones in the background....Can you tell me what that white swirly exploding thingie being hit with a flame thrower was please?
34.gif

16.gif
That, Dear Lady, was an onion, sliced and stacked with most of the center rings removed into the cone and partially filled with cooking oil which was then ignited.

In real life I was not nearly so aware of the smoking volcano as I was in the film. I saw the flame and paid no attention to the smoke. In the video the smoke was very evident and very impressive.

Trying to capture (or not capture) how a diamond looks is similar. There are things that the eye sees that the camera can not, and others that the camera sees that just simply do not show to most eyes.

Today the educational sessions start, which are the main reason that many of us come a few days early to the show. Many jewelers will not show up until Sat or Sunday as they are interested only in the buying. Sigh.

I expect the videos from today and tomorrow to have much more real content than my short sharings of the fun of last evening.

Wink

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Looks like ya''ll are having a great time. Sorry I couldn''t come this year.
39.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/28/2009 8:58:11 AM

Date: 5/28/2009 4:12:15 AM
Author: Lorelei

34.gif

16.gif
That, Dear Lady, was an onion, sliced and stacked with most of the center rings removed into the cone and partially filled with cooking oil which was then ignited.

In real life I was not nearly so aware of the smoking volcano as I was in the film. I saw the flame and paid no attention to the smoke. In the video the smoke was very evident and very impressive.

Trying to capture (or not capture) how a diamond looks is similar. There are things that the eye sees that the camera can not, and others that the camera sees that just simply do not show to most eyes.

Today the educational sessions start, which are the main reason that many of us come a few days early to the show. Many jewelers will not show up until Sat or Sunday as they are interested only in the buying. Sigh.

I expect the videos from today and tomorrow to have much more real content than my short sharings of the fun of last evening.

Wink
Mercy buckets Sir, an onion eh?.....
23.gif

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I''m so jelly! Maybe if one comes around in NYC, I''ll get to go!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Andrey,
If you have time to go to the AGTA show, I''d love to hear about the supply of African Paraibas. Thanks.

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 5/28/2009 10:14:17 AM
Author: Rhino
39.gif
Some of us have to stay home this year
15.gif
but there''s always next year
9.gif

www.metrojewelryappraisers.com

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 5/28/2009 10:14:17 AM
Author: Rhino
39.gif
You are missed. Perhaps next year, it will be good to see you again.

Wink

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
There were many great educational sessions yesterday, including one in which both Garry Holloway and Peter Yantzer were presenters.

It was way too late last evening to process any of the videos that I took yesterday. I will take more today and make time later this evening or sometime tomorrow to process them and post the links. The real show has not started yet, but the learning has definitely begun!

Wink

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Yesterday was a pretty good session. I am working on getting the presentation and post those that I can.

I already have Peter Yantzers presentation hopefuly I will add it tonight.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/29/2009 12:32:01 PM
There were many great educational sessions yesterday, including one in which both Garry Holloway and Peter Yantzer were presenters.

It was way too late last evening to process any of the videos that I took yesterday. I will take more today and make time later this evening or sometime tomorrow to process them and post the links. The real show has not started yet, but the learning has definitely begun!

Wink
Wink, any truth to the rumor that those two did a little soft shoe number, ending with a big finale, and that the video was actually being held up because you were getting duplicate copies to the "dancing with the stars" people?

I didn''t believe you would hold out on us. You say the show has not started, but I think we know better.

Hope you''re having a good time there!

20.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/29/2009 1:07:09 PM
Author: PS Admin
Yesterday was a pretty good session. I am working on getting the presentation and post those that I can.

I already have Peter Yantzers presentation hopefuly I will add it tonight.
Thanks Andrey, am looking foward to it. I hope you ALL are having a great time!!!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results