shape
carat
color
clarity

JB Star

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

QuickRock

Rough_Rock
I have found a nice setting w/ side stones at my local jeweler and it is made by JB Star. I''ve seen their website, but want to get more info on this. What have any of you heard / what do you know about this designer?

Thanks.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a farely high end jeweler, very focused on the American taste: so there are a few better and many worse than him. I especially like how those designs play with different diamond shapes, as Mauboussin was doing a good five decades past. In the same echelon today my choice is Paolo Piovan Gioielli. For even better treats, try David Birnbaum, Scavia... Such accomplished jewelers do not always choose to make a living on the US engagement rings' market, and it is worth while looking further for the intricacies of this priceless art (Madrid?, Milan!, London...), I would say.

All aside, that is a decent shop you found.
2.gif

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Hi QuickRock -

I was surprised when I saw you post about JB Star settings. I find their designs sooooo artistic. I have been "saving" a picture of a setting by them I found in a 1990s Town and Country Magazine. I fell in love with it then and still love it today. I just can't decide if it's too modern and could live with it FOREVER. It would mean going to 1 ring rather than an ering and wedding band which I currenlty wear. Plus, I recently upgraded my diamond and changed shape from a marquise to a pear (needed a change after 17 years of marriage). I think the setting I'm in love with would highlight a more symmetrical stone (marquise, oval, round, etc.). I've been drooling over this torn-out page from the magazine for about 6 years and can't decide. How nutty is that?
twirl.gif
The setting is #RSM-3170-4457 at www.jbstar.com. Which setting are looking at?

Diamondlil

GOTTROCKS

Rough_Rock
JB Star is Jewels By Star, they are an excellent upscale designer, a little on the pricey side but excellent enduring quality. Call Borhseims 1800 642 4438 for a better price break.

Gottrocks

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Gottrocks. I'll check them out.

Diamondlil

QuickRock

Rough_Rock
I had the diamond set into this JB Star setting and it looks fabulous. When I bought the setting, the jeweler told me that the two round side stones on the setting (0.50 tcw) were G VS stones. I took the finished ring for independant appraisal and one of the sides has a definite cloud on its table, and the appraiser said she could only give it at best an SI1. I am now trying to decide how to go about handling this situation with the jeweler. Should I have it reset into the a replacement of the same setting that is to my liking under the scope, or is it not worth the trouble of haggling?

Also, I found it interesting that my setting does not appear on the JB Star website (it is a fairly simple design, when compared to most of the others they offer). Looking at it under the microscope at the appraiser, I could see it was stamped PT900 and also showed the "JB Star" insignia, however it looked as if the insignia was stamped twice, almost on top of each other. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Thanks.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 10/20/2003 1:24:49 PM QuickRock wrote:

Looking at it under the microscope at the appraiser, I could see it was stamped PT900 and also showed the 'JB Star' insignia, however it looked as if the insignia was stamped twice, almost on top of each other. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Thanks.----------------

Fake or sloppy... 'Double' stamps are common, but not on expensive jewelry. This is a good Q to drop at JB Star themselves! The first Q could be if they ever made that kind of setting and discontinued it and if so when. I know JB for their higher end stuff but not followed their line so I could be wrong. A picture and an e.mail may not hurt... right? Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results