shape
carat
color
clarity

Jareds: : Good or Bad experiences please do tell

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ideawizard

Rough_Rock
I am possibly looking at some 1.5-1.75 diamond ovals from this store. I would like to hear from anyone who has experiences with them good or bad. What happened what to watch for... Due diligence and triple checking before
dropping the cash.

Thanks,

IZ

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Just my humble 2 cents here...

In my area, Jared''s seems to be a little more upper end than the typical mall stores. And it is my understanding that some of them may now carry some AGS-0 ideal cut stones. But the last time I was there, they didn''t have any... and all the diamonds I saw were mediocre and very high-priced, and honestly, I knew way more about diamonds than any of their sales people. Personally, I recommend shopping at one of our respected internet vendors and getting waaaaay, waaaaaaay more for your money.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Everything Lynn just said..........

Small

Brilliant_Rock
I wrote on your other thread my experience from Jareds. It''s been good but I wouldn''t be buying my diamond from them either. They definitely are better than the typical mall store IMO but are just as expensive. I went to a brand new store and the stones I saw were pretty good. But they do sell IGI along with AGS and GIA. I was looking for ideals and knew that some stores had them so I took a chance and the lady I got was very knowledgeable and helpful. But what I was looking at in the store would have cost me 10k...not that I was buying at all...just looking at the ideals in person along with some settings. You can get a great stone here and get it set for well under that for what I was looking at.
I bought my husbands new wedding band there and then I see the exact same band for half the price at another jeweler so I was a little miffed about that (my fault I should have shopped around).
I think before getting set on Jareds you should shop around alot. While they are a bit nicer than the mall stores the prices are on the same level and from your first post...I really think they are trying to sell you things to get your money (ie a setting for 127 and lifetime cleaning which is free for 74...maybe that 74 is for their warranty and you just heard them add the cleaning into it???)
Have you even thought about considering one of the recommended PS vendors? It would be worth your while to at least compare the money and stone to Jareds before purchasing!

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
My thoughts: their diamonds are overpriced and most often of poor quality. They do not provide all of the cut information that you should want to see. Most of the sales associates are under educated.

When I went into my local Jared's the man that was working said that if I ordered a diamond online, there is no way that I would end up with the real thing. It would definely be manmade. What a bunch of crap.

They are no competition for WF, GOG, and the other reputable PS vendors.

ideawizard

Rough_Rock
Thanks! Keep em coming...my Gf really liked the assist manager and so did I...she spent an hour with us...gracious and good capuccino - but bottom line we are looking for the best stone/ring/service for the money.

What are the top PS vendors? And how exactly is the savvyest way for a noobee to shop them? I dont know what wf and gog means...thanks,,,

IZ

ideawizard

Rough_Rock
Thanks! here is an interesting tidbit I found in my research...

Kay Jewelers and off-mall chain Jared are both owned by London-based Signet Group and operated by its subsidiary, Sterling Jewelers Inc., based in Akron, Ohio

of those links you gave me.. since I am new to this....is there anyway to do a easier search that covers them all so I dont have to go to each one separatly?

We are supposed to make our decision by Friday...I thought I was winding up with our research but it looks like Im just getting started on an new level! Thanks!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
you can type in each name and do a search here on PS to check on the vendor. Many times which vendor you chose to work with is the one that has the stone in stock that you are looking for
1.gif

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
Go to the top of this page and Pricescope your diamond. Put in the specs you want and choices from different online vendors will pop up.

ideawizard

Rough_Rock
https://www.pricescope.com/dealers.asp

I found this link vendors...which ones do you prefer or not and why? What should I look for in a jeweler? Thanks!

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 3/15/2006 4:32:43 PM
Author: ideawizard
Thanks! here is an interesting tidbit I found in my research...

Kay Jewelers and off-mall chain Jared are both owned by London-based Signet Group and operated by its subsidiary, Sterling Jewelers Inc., based in Akron, Ohio

of those links you gave me.. since I am new to this....is there anyway to do a easier search that covers them all so I dont have to go to each one separatly?

We are supposed to make our decision by Friday...I thought I was winding up with our research but it looks like Im just getting started on an new level! Thanks!
Another tidbit about Sterling, Inc....

"Jared" is the son of Nate Light who was formerly the CEO of Sterling in the U.S. until the early 1990''s when he resigned. Nate Light''s son Mark was just appointed CEO of Sterling in the U.S. after serving as President and other positions for many years. The "Jared" name lives on and new stores will be cropping up everywhere.
Good luck with your diamond search, ideawizard!

www.metrojewelryappraisers.com

4bugzinarug

Shiny_Rock
All of the vendors listed are great ... don't forget to check www.questjewelers.com ... GL!

Jen
35.gif

ETA: We *almost* bought my anniversary ring from Jared, until we found Pricescope! Pete at Quest saved us about $4-5k over what Jared was asking for a barely comparable stone! We really loved the Scottsdale AZ Jared store, they were very helpful. But in the end, the quality, price and selection of the stores on the internet won out. It was between Whiteflash and Quest for us, and Pete came up with a knockout 1.02c AGS 000, which is now resting happily upon my finger :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results