shape
carat
color
clarity

Jared ''Peerless'' Princess -- finding something similar

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

smashr

Rough_Rock
So the GF and I began our diamond search at Jared over the weekend (please dont laugh ;)). We were both extremely impressed with their ''Peerless'' ideal cut princess stones. As far as I can tell this is just an AGS0 certified cut -- is there anything special about them? They sparkled unlike any diamond I have ever seen before.

In any case I am hoping to replicate a ring we saw at Jared for substantially less. The ring we were looking at was a 3-stone setting in white gold. All three stones were AGS0 princess cuts with color of G-H. The main stone was 0.76 carat, just a hair under 5x5mm and SI1. The side stones were just over 0.4 carats each, just under 4x4mm and had a clarity of VS1. The ring was priced at $8799.

My goal is to get something that is close in the $3500-4500 range. I have seen loose AGS0 stones in the 0.70-0.75 carat range for around $3000 on sites like whiteflash which leads me to think this is doable. However, it is looking like to get the setting + sidestones for under $1500, I will have to forgo the AGS0 ranking and simply get a very good cut for the side stones. Thoughts on this?

I could also use some advice on the overall process in general. As of the moment I understand that the general procedure would be to purchase the main stone online, have it appraised and make sure it has the fire and sparkle I want, then have it set locally. I am in the Washington DC area if anyone has some suggests for local jewelers. My GF did like the garuntee and buy-up policies at Jared, so perhaps buying some or all of it locally would get me these things without paying double the price.

Thank you so much for all of your help.

-Dan

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Dan,

Whiteflash''s expert selection and ACA princess cuts seem great. I would try there first. They also have thousands of stock settings, a great upgrade policy, and the ability to custom make great settings.

If I were you, that would be where I start my search. If you''re curious as to the reputation Jared''s generally has around here, just run a search with their name. You''ll probably get better service and a better price buying somewhere else. Also, I doubt a local B&M would give you an "upgrade policy" on a stone they didn''t sell you.

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
I''ve read nothing but bad things about Jared''s customer service on this board. You might want to do a search on them here before you buy from them.

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
You can try Quest Jewelers www.questjewelers.com They are in Northern Va. WhiteFlash is making me a three stone princess right now (in 18K whitegold, not platinum), a trellis/x-prong setting. They have been great to work with! I''ll attach a picture that Bob at WF sent me of a princess 3 stone ring that they made for another client.

WF3strg2.jpg

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Also, try Bluenile.com. They have competitive setting prices (IMO) and I have found their customer service to be outstanding.

smashr

Rough_Rock
To clarify -- I am definitly NOT going to buy from Jared. I was just impressed with their ''peerless'' stones and was hoping to find something similar for cheaper.

boston_jeff

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/23/2007 12:05:27 PM
Author: february2003bride
Also, try Bluenile.com. They have competitive setting prices (IMO) and I have found their customer service to be outstanding.

If you are looking at BlueNile, I would restrict your choices only to the AGS000s they have. Otherwise you will be shopping blind.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Starting with AGS000 princesses from WF, GOG, Quest, etc. would be a great place to start. These diamonds should have superior light performance and should be much cheaper than jareds.

InlovewithJHK

Shiny_Rock
Here is an ,77 carat I VS2 AGS000 from Bluenile for $2,581
http://www.bluenile.com/diamonds_details.asp?filter_id=8&pid1=LD00368478&track=tab_view_link
(don''t let the "very good" cut grade by blue nile fool you- they just want you to buy their signiture ideal and not realize that "very good" can = AGS000
20.gif
)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results