shape
carat
color
clarity

Jared Kushner Wanted Secret Channel To Moscow

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
but to suggest that what happened was something to shrug off is to wear the thickest kind of partisan glasses
What is funny is the people that accuse me of having partisan glasses for disagreeing with their view of things when I am not a Republican.
I dislike the republican party just as much as the democratic party.
I don't particularly like Trump either but he is still marginally better than Hillary.
Woops I forgot its treason not to be a republican or a democrat!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Peace, end to the killing on all sides.
Stability
Stem the flow of refugees over running the rest of Europe by them being safe in there homeland.
I don't know what all it would take, but it will take the US and Russia working together to get it there.

I am more suspicious of Jared Kushner than you are, Karl . And that may be because I am very suspicious of Russia. But when I look at Syria, I see the same global disaster you see. You know where I am coming from when I say that sometimes I hear a voice in my head saying, "There is no way to peace; peace is the way".

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I am more suspicious of Jared Kushner than you are, Karl . And that may be because I am very suspicious of Russia. But when I look at Syria, I see the same global disaster you see. You know where I am coming from when I say that sometimes I hear a voice in my head saying, "There is no way to peace; peace is the way".
yes I get it.

t-c

Brilliant_Rock
No matter who got elected, the Russians interfered with our election using various methods. It is in ALL OF OUR BEST INTERESTS to find out how they did it, what methods they used and what methods they will likely use in the future so that we can stop it.

And frankly I am sick and tired of seeing "there's no proof" as justification to stop, or if not stop to question proceeding with, the investigations. According to all US intelligence departments, a foreign state interfered with the election -- if you believe otherwise show your evidence, and not simply head-in-the-sand conspiracy stories. And the FBI believe that there is enough data to warrant looking into whether US persons were assisting this foreign state to meddle with the election. Whether the meddling was successful should be a secondary consideration. The investigation will uncover proof, if any, so ffs let the investigation go to completion.

And all this indignation over leakers?!? Would you have Deep Throat tried for treason? Was that unacceptable leaking? And if the information that have recently come out are correct, do you really think that the leaks are the issue? Don't you think we, as citizens, are entitled to know that the president attempted to get the FBI to stop the investigation more than once, that he leaked another country's intelligence to the same regime who messed with our election? Or would you have us in the dark?

This isn't about the president getting a blow job in the Oval Office. This is serious stuff.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm still trying to wrap my head around the comment that "Trump is still better than Hillary". Talk about burying your head in the sand. How many US intelligence departments need to come out and say the Russians interfered in our election before you open your eyes.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm still trying to wrap my head around the comment that "Trump is still better than Hillary". Talk about burying your head in the sand. How many US intelligence departments need to come out and say the Russians interfered in our election before you open your eyes.
CC
Do you really believe the Russians cause Hillary the election? Can't the Dems. come up with some better excuses of why she lost?

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't understand why conservatives are still obsessed with this being a Hillary issue. Again, credible evidence from our own intelligence agencies, that Russia interfered in our election. People are angry at the leakers (aka the current version of deep throat) while being apparently unconcerned that Trump and people below him LEAKED confidential information to Russia because Russia is not our ally. This is an impeachable offense, possibly even treason.
The Benjamin Franklin back channel example is not relevant. We were at war with England, while France was our ally. It made sense in that situation to have a back channel. Not in this situation when Russia is not our ally, has interfered in our elections, and we are at odds with their human rights record. Especially when it cuts out our own intelligence agencies. Honestly, if these reports are confirmed, I do not see how anyone on either side of the aisle can defend Trump remaining in office. He should be in a jail cell.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Funny, notice how soon the Dems. have forgotten that the Obama admin. dealt through the back door with the Iranians?...:roll:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CC
Do you really believe the Russians cause Hillary the election? Can't the Dems. come up with some better excuses of why she lost?

Dancing Fire, I don't like the idea of Russia interfering with our election, which they clearly did. Who knows how this election would have played out had they not interfered. My guess is Trump still would have one. I think Trumps win has more to do with the dumbing down of America.

t-c

Brilliant_Rock
Funny, notice how soon the Dems. have forgotten that the Obama admin. dealt through the back door with the Iranians?...:roll:

Why don't you try defending Trump's actions on its merits alone, without invoking Obama or Hillary? But you won't be able to, will you?

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
My guess is Trump still would have one. I think Trumps win has more to do with the dumbing down of America.
lol the first resort of the left if someone dares disagrees with me its because they are dumb.
Do you not get how insulting that is? Woops I forgot only liberal protected groups have feelings.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Why would I think I would be insulting anyone here. NO ONE admits to voting for him.
I did as more of a protest vote than anything. Hillary got over 60% in my area and carried the state by a wide margin which I knew was going to happen. I'm not a huge Trump fan either but what is going on in the biased press and the traitorous bureaucrat leakers is just ridiculous.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why don't you try defending Trump's actions on its merits alone, without invoking Obama or Hillary? But you won't be able to, will you?
My point is that throughout U.S. history both Dems. and Reps. do back door deals with our adversaries, nothing new.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why would I think I would be insulting anyone here. NO ONE admits to voting for him.
A total of 9 PSers admitted that they voted for Trump, but the liberals here scared them away...
scram.gif
:lol:

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

Yes, back channels have been used before, but our Intel agencies have always been informed, and these contacts were made after they officially became President.
Here is one kicker-- why did these back channel contacts involve a Russian bank that has sanctions on it, just like the Russian gov't does. Is there a promise (quid pro quo) for something, like loans, in exchange for removing the sanctions?
Donald Trump is about money. So lets follow the money.

The Pres has called the media such terrible things: he has called the intel agencies such terrible things, and you expect them not to Leak? Trump is undermining our institutions. They are fighting back.
Trump has a disorganized mind, and as I feel I am not an over excitable person, I am afraid, really afraid. I think the Intel agencies feel the same.

DF. I was thinking about your earlier life experience when you came to this country. I'm wondering if you have considered what you mom or parents would have done if some of these programs were available to them back when you were a child. I suspect they would have used them and maybe your attitude would be different. Just a thought.

Annette

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A total of 9 PSers admitted that they voted for Trump, but the liberals here scared them away...
scram.gif

I some how doubt that. I don't think we are a scary bunch here.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
scram.gif
No not scared away. Just tired of the same old insulting crap like Karl mentioned. I know several who have left for that reason. PS will go on and so will they, likely all happier for it.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
No not scared away. Just tired of the same old insulting crap like Karl mentioned. I know several who have left for that reason. PS will go on and so will they, likely all happier for it.
I have thought about it several times. PS just isn't what it once was and allowing politics is a large part of it.
But after 14 years its hard to break the habit of coming here.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I disagree Karl. Yes people are more passionate about this election than they have been in past elections, with good reason.

I suggest you venture over to the thread started by Pinto Bean. Pricescope is just as much a community of caring helpful people as it ever was.

Reactions: E B

E B

Ideal_Rock
Where are the insults? It seems like things have been rather cordial, for debate. I mean, if being called a partisan is the worst you get on the internet, feel very, very lucky. And never ever sign up for a twitter account. :wink2:

I think what's truly happening is that it's getting harder and harder to defend Trump. We are in such uncharted territory, here, and getting deeper. Just think back to what Obama used to be criticized for-- remember the arugula? It really is incredible.

Last edited:

E B

Ideal_Rock
Back to Jared, I was listening to Pod Save America describe the hypocrisy as it relates to Jared alone. After Comey had decided not to charge Hillary, Paul Ryan STILL came forward and said she shouldn't have access to classified information. And yet, given what we now know about Jared's requests, he has yet to lose clearance privileges even temporarily. Would that be the case if he weren't Trump's son in law? And that assumes Trump wasn't the one requesting this, of course.

It's just become so mind-boggling. Every single day, now more than ever I think about how many official republican heads would have exploded if this had been Hillary and Marc Mezvinsky.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DF. I was thinking about your earlier life experience when you came to this country. I'm wondering if you have considered what you mom or parents would have done if some of these programs were available to them back when you were a child. I suspect they would have used them and maybe your attitude would be different. Just a thought.

Annette
There was but we knew nothing about em since we don't read or write any english. My grandfather said just study hard in school and we'll do fine.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results