shape
carat
color
clarity

Jared - experiences ?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

akila

Rough_Rock
Hi all

Thanks for all the responses to my earlier qn. on full eternity vs. half way around, and it really helped us weigh the pros and cons and make up our mind. So now, we are ready to take the plunge. We checked out prices for comparable rings - same total ct. wt., color, clarity etc - at a few places across the spectrum, including Tiffany; Bailey Banks & Biddle; Liljenquist; Mervis; Jared etc. The price ranged from $3300 (Tiffany) to $1600 (Jared). Jared was surprisingly much cheaper than even the second cheapest by big margin - we are talking ~ $ 800 lesser than the next lowest, for a 1 ct TW ring in platinum, GH/SI !

So obviously, we are a bit "suspicious" - why are they so much cheaper ? We actually asked them, and got the "we are very big, blah blah" response, but wanted to know what the forum''s experiences with Jared are, as well as suggestions for other places we may look at for such a ring.

Thanks again !

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
signedpieces.com is a good resource. Do a search for Jared''s here. I have not shopped there or even darkened the doorstep so I cannot comment.

shay

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I actually went into jared''s the other day b/c they carry a few designer settings I wanted to see in person. the sales staff was very friendly and answered my questions. they even sent me a thank you note for stoping in. I wasn''t shopping for a stone so i can''t comment there but the settings I looked at were all priced higher than pricing i''d found online for the same designer settings. I didn''t look at any of the settings they produce themselves but if you feel the quality is good and the price is right then go for it.

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
While Jared''s has some name brand settings like Scott Kay, in general I have always thought that their jewelry was low quality. Some Jared''s do carry ideal cut AGS diamonds but they are waaay overpriced. As to the setting you were looking at, I can''t say why it was so cheap but I will say you get what you pay for. I wouldn''t compare Jared''s prices to Tiffany''s but I would look for a comparable setting online to compare.

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
I went to Jareds on a ring trying-on exhibition once. They are less expensive than other chains like Tiffany's, etc. but even with that said, I thought they were still too pricey considering the deals you can find with PS vendors. AND the staff was not very knowledgable. The lady helping us actually told us that SI1 was a better clarity grade than VS2. Even my fiance knew that that was incorrect. Now, I am sure that there are plenty of Jareds' with very knowledgable people working there, and maybe our sales girl was just having a bad day and got a lil mixed up. Even so, it made for a little laugh when we were driving home later that evening.

If you have found what you like and it looks nice to your eyes, then that is all that's important. I have several friends who have rings from Jareds, and they are VERY pleased with them.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
My experiences with jareds was that they offered medium quality goods for an expensive price with mediocore service.

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
I went into Jared''s recently because they just opened a store here and I''d never been in one before. The salespeople were nice...they introduced themselves as soon as we entered and offered us something to drink. We told them we were just browsing and they left us alone. I HATE going into a store and being hounded by salespeople! I didn''t try anything on but just wandered. I had brought a bracelet in that I needed shortened, and they wanted $90 to remove 3 links!
23.gif

I went to another store, and for the exact same work, I paid $25. It should have been $50, but apparently the clerk had given me a wrong quote, so they honored the $25. Even if I had been charged the $50, it''s still A LOT better than $90! I definitely won''t be going back to Jared''s for any repair work!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results