carat
color
clarity

January Healthy Living Thread

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Everyone! :wavey:

We got up about 6 am and sadly the ground was dry so I agreed to go with Marty to the airport and drive home. Its about 100 miles away. The roads were bad off and on on the way down because it wasn’t icy yet but by the time I was driving home there was a lot of black ice. I saw lots of cars in the ditch, etc. There isn’t a lot of snow but enough to get the roads slick and since we are really cold it froze up quickly. Out of the 100 miles coming home only 40 of them were okay. Aak.

Marty safely arrived in Arizona though.

It was -3 when I came home with wind chill of -26. I put my sweats in the dryer for about 5 minutes when I got home then put them on - toasty warm. That was sweet. My PJ’s will be getting the same treatment before I go to bed.

Tomorrow’s high is going to be -4 with wind chills -30 to -40. Aak. This is December, January weather.

Eats were good today. I had a 100 calorie english muffin for breakfast and ate my cheerios as my snack on the drive home from the airport. Lunch was leftovers (roast and mashed potatoes), my mid afternoon snack was some lite popcorn and supper was veggies and a lean cuisine. I had a weight watchers chocolate ice cream bar for dessert.

Deegee, I agree the Bat Phone should not go off on the weekend. I know what you mean about seeing people in shirts already. I see people running around without coats too. Not me, I like to be warm. I did okay at cribbage but didn’t win. I told them I couldn’t live up to the hype that “I always win.” Buying boots sounds like a nice reward for the new you! And you found them on clearance so how could you pass them up? The soup at Cracker Barrel sounds great. Chicken soup is my favorite.

Well, I am off to hunt down a fleece blanket. Maybe I should throw it in the dryer too. :bigsmile:
Marcy

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Wow, is everyone in the Universe engulfed in snow and cold???? No, well, then it just seems like it :tongue: ...

That said it is my lived experience lately--shovelled twice (or push the Honda blower) this weekend and generally froze....temps are coming down this week (yes, we go from -30, to -5, to +5 in two days....). Skiied Friday. I went to yoga today and just love it. Why is it that I can almost fall asleep in a room full of strangers at the end of the class, and not in my cozy bed? Hmmmm

Off to the pool tomorrow.

Keep well folks!

cheers--Sharon :wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Sharon, it seems like at least the northern hemisphere is getting pounded with snow and frigid temperatures. Glad you are enjoying yoga so much. Too funny it relaxes you enough to want to take a nap. Do you have problems falling asleep? I sure do. My mind seems to be too busy and keeps me awake. Sleep well and stay warm. :snore:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We has -19 here this morning. Ask. Wind chill was -29. Fun.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone! I hope you are staying warm if you are in the deep freeze and staying safe if you are in areas where blizzards are raging. Tonight we will have wind chills down to 40 below. OMG!

I made a soft shell taco for supper and will take the other 1/2 of everything to work for lunch tomorrow. I must get to the store soon but it's too cold for me to venture back out at night. At least my slow churned ice cream won't melt on the way home.

My poor mom had her foot operated on last Monday and her toe is infected again. This time he put 2 wires in to toe to straighten it. I guess she dropped a small can of soda and it hit one of the 2 wires and bent it. The doctor pulled it out today and they put her on antibiotics. He thought the one remaining pin would still work. She says it hurt pretty bad. I sure hated to hear that.

Marty is going to the range tonight to hit some golf balls. They are even expecting a freeze tonight in Arizona though.

Well, take care and stay warm. :wavey:
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sweet. We are at +10 degrees.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results