shape
carat
color
clarity

January Healthy Living Thread

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary! I am glad you had a wonderful night out to celebrate. Your earrings sound divine. I bet they are very sparkly. Matt did "good" on your Christmas and birthday surprises. That is nice you got in a nice walk tonight in the chilly weather. I walked around Kohls and Target - it was much warmer inside but I did spend some money. I agree with you that sometimes I wish I didn't have the responsibilities and problems of being a boss but I generally enjoy my work. I did read Confessions of a Shopaholic and did enjoy it but I didn't find her character my cup of tea either. That author wrote Chasing Harry Winston which I thought I might try sometime just because of HW. I stayed up until after midnight last night so I could finish the Connelly book I was reading. I have about 8 more books to read by him. His books are not funny but they are well written which keeps my interest. I will try to do some research on Amazon.

Well, today seemed to last forever at work just because I wanted the weekend to start. We stopped on the way home and had some Mexican food. I had a taco and some nachos. After we got home I went to Kohls and Target to pick up a few things. I brought us home a frozen yogurt ice cream cone. I did a batch of laundry tonight. I should be ambitious and do some house work but I might start another book.

Have a great and healthy weekend!
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We went to our company holiday party last night. It was kind of fun. They had a few comedians there for our entertainment. They were pretty good. After the party we went to a friend's house and played hearts and Texas Hold 'em. Too funny - I won poker and they guys are all grumbling around that I am lucky, don't know when to bet, blah blah blah. They just can't take being beat by a girl. My strategy tho limited it if I have a chance of winning I will stay in and match bets. If I am pretty sure I can win I'll raise the bet. If I have nothing but enough chips I'll at least put in the initial bid to see what cards turn up then fold if I still don't have anything. We weren't playing for money or anything but I really find it funny the guys get so upset that I win.

This morning I made hash browns, bacon, eggs and biscuits for breakfast. I picked up honey biscuits instead of buttermilk and they were pretty nasty tasting; neither of us liked them. Marty wanted to cook some Indian food today so I bought a Lean Cuisine pizza for lunch and had cottage cheese and strawberries for supper.

I am working on another Harry Bosch novel by Michael Connelly so I am off to read some more.

Take care.
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
marcy - nope, boys don't like getting beat by girls. They always make excuses like you got lucky, I let you win, etc. I can't play hold 'em because I can't stand to fold. Matt calls me No Fold Deana. Glad you had fun at your company party! Your breakfast sounds tasty. At our house on the weekends, it's every man for himself when it comes to breakfast & lunch, and then we go out for dinner.

We just got home from my mom & dad's. It was our usual Sunday dinner with my sisters, their hubbys and kids, but also happens to be my bday so I got to pick the food. I wanted spaghetti with mom's homemade sauce, and it was delicious as usual. Matt asked how long she had been making that sauce for my dad, and she said 48 years. It was one of the first meals she made when they got married, and it was always my absolute favorite when I was a kid. I always request the same bday cake, - yellow cake with mandarin oranges in the batter, and the icing is cool whip with pineapples mixed in. I'm sure there are other ingredients, but that's the gist of it and it's super tasty. I had a wonderful anniversary/bday weekend! Matt & I walked 2 miles when we got home tonight, but I think he's getting sick so we decided to get back inside the toasty warm house. I'm off work tomorrow for the holiday, so YAY!!!! Have a great day everyone!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Birthday, Deegee! :wavey: (I know it was yesterday :bigsmile: ) It sounds like you had a great day. Your dinner sounds divine and how nice your mom made it for you. The cake sounds delicious! Can you get your mom's homemade sauce recipe for me? I would love to try it. We've been making our own lately but haven't really been using a recipe. I hope Matt feels better today. Did you do anything fun on your day off?

Work was okay except that I heard this horrible person who used to be in upper management here is coming back as a program manager at corporate. I wanted to run away when I heard that. I can't believe they would hire such an incompetent and negative person back when they pretty much were getting close to firing her when she left. Sigh. I sure hope I won't have to interact with her but sadly I bet Marty will have to at some point. One of my team members offered to take us all out to lunch so we went to Olive Garden. I didn't eat much for breakfast and ended up chowing down 2 warm bread sticks before the salad showed up. I brought home most of my spaghetti and meatballs and will get 3 lunches out of it. He insisted we all pick a dessert to take with us (it was our Christmas gift) so I ordered the lemon cream cake. Marty and I split it tonight. I liked it but Marty isn't a lemon fan so he was glad I brought home a little raspberry sauce to cover the taste.

I am about 3/4 finished with another book so I am off to read. I have two programs on tonight I like to watch but I can pause them and then skip commercials and read in between. I love DVR's!

Take care and have a great evening.
Marcy

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi friends (Deegee and Marcy); just popping in to say HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY DEEGEE!!!! :appl:

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the bday wishes Skippy & marcy!

marcy - mom doesn't have a written recipe for her spaghetti sauce. It has just sort of evolved over the years, and it's the way my grandmother made spaghetti too. She makes it with tomatoes and tomato sauce canned from her garden, and green peppers also from her garden and I think that adds a little punch to the flavor. It also has an onion and extra lean ground beef, and she adds spices - basil, oregano, crushed red pepper, a spoonful of sugar. I think that's all that's in it, although mine never tastes the same as hers! She lets everything simmer for a while and then dumps the noodles in the sauce and lets that simmer for a while longer. It's really tasty. I'm sorry your really horrible person is coming back to work there. That stinks, but maybe she'll be better this go around. I think some people exist just to make the lives of others ... challenging. I love Olive Garden's lemon cream cake. Matt and I used to split one every time we ate at Olive Garden, but we've been behaving and not ordering dessert. Although his philosophy is that life is too short to skip dessert, so we may start indulging a little.

Today was super busy at work, and then I came home and conked out on the couch for 2 hours. We had spaghetti and salad for dinner (even though I had spaghetti at a local restaurant Saturday night, mom's spaghetti Sunday, & leftover spaghetti from the restaurant today for lunch). I swear I could eat it for every meal! Tonight's wasn't fancy, just sauce from a jar. It has poured the rain all day and the temperatures are falling below freezing, so no walk tonight. Tomorrow is Board meeting day, and those usually last anywhere between 3-5 hours. They start at 10am and keep going until they're finished - meaning a late lunch and achy legs from sitting for so long! I'm off to iron something to wear for tomorrow. Have a great day!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. I hope you are having a great week.

My eats have been good and bad but I begin each day with the intent of them being good. Last night we had homemade tacos so I used the leftovers tonight for a quick supper. I was done with dishes by 6:10. Sweet.

Marty is already in bed. He was up most of the night with the bat phone going off.

Hi Skippy! How are you feeling?

Deegee, your mom’s spaghetti sounds really good. I know the longer the sauce simmers the better it tastes. Many of our recipes are like that - a little of this; a little of that. The sad thing is you can never repeat it if the dish comes out great. I like Matt’s philosophy of life is too short to skip some things. I could eat pasta all the time too. Good luck at the board or is that “bored” meeting tomorrow. I hope your legs don’t get too stiff. Good idea to stay in tonight in case it is icy out there. We had enough snow today to get everything icy.

Laters, :wavey:
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Howdy!

marcy - our "bored" meeting only lasted 3 hours today, so it wasn't too horrible. But it is 3 hours of attorneys, investment officers and our actuary speaking...and my little brain is going "la la la" half the time! Poor Marty with the bat phone. I got my bat phone back after I returned from vacation. Mine wasn't working, so they set me up on the network with a new phone and all my settings are gone. My iphone has made me dumb, and I can't remember how to set things up on my blackberry! I meant to tell you that my mom got me an Amazon gift card for my birthday with a card that said "happy reading." What a perfect gift! I can get 10-15 books with that baby. SWEET!!!!

I forced myself not to take a nap after dinner tonight so I could get to bed on time. Here it is almost midnight and I'm still up! We had soup and grilled cheese sandwiches for dinner and I have leftovers for lunch tomorrow. We had a break in the rain this evening and the snow isn't going to start until morning, so we took a 3-mile walk. Right now it's in the 30's, so it's the warmest walk we've had since early November. We made an emergency trip to walmart for a snow shovel and a few other necessities before the storm hits tomorrow. The last snow did our snow shovel in. I figured walmart would be swarming with people with the big storm in the forecast, but it was nearly empty. Hopefully the storm passes us by. I hope everyone is doing well. Have a great day!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, oops I thought your "bored" meeting was tomorrow - woo hoo that it is already over with. :appl: Glad it wasn't too bad. My mind wanders a lot in meetings. La la la is a great description of it too. Your gift card to Amazon is a perfect gift; you'll be able to get a lot of books with that. My Kindle has been ignored for 2 nights now but I did play with Photoshop Elements tonight and worked on my program for our astronomy meeting. That is great you got to take a nice long walk tonight. How nice to find Walmart pleasantly unpopulated. I almost hate to go to ours because it is always so busy. Stay safe and warm from the snow storm. We have snow in the foreseeable forecast but not much in the way of accumulation.

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi!
marcy - I hope your program turned out well for your astronomy meeting. It sounds like you're enjoying working with photoshop elements. I bet your finished product looks great! I get frustrated with Board meetings a lot because they meet once every 6 weeks to make official decisions on things, but they have no idea how we operate on a daily basis and they have no idea the amount of work that has gone into particular issues. Some of them are so clueless, and they get swayed by whoever is doing the presentation on a particular topic. You have to be on the agenda to be able to speak at the meetings, so most of the time we just sit back and cringe. Our acting director (my boss) is on top of everything and is great to speak up when things are really going down the wrong road. Yesterday it became a battle of attorneys with different opinions, and some of the Board members were confused to the point nobody could make a decision. Argh!

Matt and I made it home tonight before the snow started so we ate a quick dinner (hamburgers made on the George Foreman grill), changed clothes and headed out for a walk. About 1/2 mile away from home we started getting pelted with wet now. By the time we made the full 1 mile circle (which was 16 minutes total), we were both dripping wet and the ground was getting covered. We decided to call it quits. I don't mind walking when it is snowing, but not when snow is pelting me in the face. Plus I'm doing my best to avoid falling again. Tomorrow is Friday, so Yay! Have a great day!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi. How is everyone doing? I hope things are going well. I see the NE is getting another snow storm. Wow, that part of the country is really getting smacked. We are just cold and windy but have snow showers in the forecast for most of the weekend.

We went to supper tonight. I had a salad, a little soup, 1/2 of a steak and 1/2 of a baked potato. I brought home the rest of my dinner and put it in the freezer. We split a black forest cheesecake. Mmm. Chocolate and cherries are never a bad combo.

I worked some more on my astronomy program tonight. I made a little handout up to give people and went over my notes. I guess I am as ready as I’m going to be.

My poor family is having a rough week. One sister had a hysterectomy and will be taking it easy for 6 weeks. The other system had a knee injection that reacted and she can’t walk. My mom is having her toe operated on Monday and will be on a walker for awhile. I think I’d best stay on the couch and take it easy sounds like our gene pool just gave out this week! Aak.

Deegee, I am glad your boss tries to keep everyone on the right path in the board meetings. It sounds like too many people making decisions that don’t quite understand what it takes to get the job done. Then it becomes our job to accomplish the impossible. Good idea to go home after the snow starts pelting your face. I am looking forward to nicer weather in about 4 months. Ha ha.

Take care.
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
marcy - oh, your poor family! I hope everyone gets well. I don't blame you for staying on the couch. I've never had black forest cheesecake, so I googled it - it does look yummy! I want something sweet right now so bad, but we don't have anything in the house that I want. I should have taken Matt up on his offer to stop at the Outback for a piece of carrot cake on the way home. Oh well, I guess I'll settle for some sugar-free pudding and a beer.

We didn't get as much snow as predicted, but we got ice. And it's cold outside, 7 degrees. I still have a cough from that respiratory infection I had a few weeks ago, and I guess my throat is really irritated and the cold sets off coughing fits if I don't wrap my scarf around my mouth when I go out. I had spaghetti for dinner again tonight, but from a different restaurant so it's not exactly the same thing - right? I plan to head to the mall tomorrow to look for a brown winter coat (hopefully on clearance) and some pants that aren't too short. I don't dry my pants and I wash them in cold water, but somehow they get shorter and shorter every time I wear them. I have a hard time finding my size in tall and usually have to order the custom length pants from Lands End, which still end up too short. Stay warm & have a great day tomorrow!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. My program at the astronomy club went well. I got a lot of questions and discussion so at least it wasn’t boring for them. After the meeting several of us went out for coffee and pie.

This morning I went grocery shopping early then came home and made homemade lasagna, mac and cheese and mini meat loves. I cooked our lasagna for lunch and made some garlic bread to go with it. I bought some little 8” square tin foil pans and made up some meals for my folks to have this week after my mom’s surgery. I was on my feet in the kitchen for over 3 hours so my feet are sore tonight. Standing seems to bug my feet far more than walking. Rats.

I got our laundry finished today and started another book.

Deegee, maybe you can get some carrot cake on your next dinner out. Beer and sugar free pudding doesn’t sound too bad either. I hope your cough goes away; I hate how they linger for weeks after a cold. I hate when clothes get shorter. I have tops that do that. I love Land’s End clothes. They have a 30% off everything between now and Monday. I might go shopping myself.

Well, back to my book. Tombstone is on though which will distract me.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Howdy marcy! I didn't know Lands End had a sale going on. I'll have to check that out. I found a coat on clearance at Macy's, but it wasn't the brown one I was looking for. I got a purple Calvin Klein coat that was on clearance plus I had a coupon. I love the color, and I got a scarf too. I figure I can wear it with pretty much whatever color I have on. That's so nice of you to prepare food for your folks this week. What kind of surgery is she having to have on her toes? Mom is having her 2nd cataract surgery this week as long as they don't get snowed in again.

Matt and I hung out at the house for most of the day and then headed to the mall. We ate at Ruby Tuesday's, and I had grilled chicken and broccoli. They have new gourmet cupcakes, and I had to have one of the carrot cake cupcakes. It was scrumptious and the perfect size for dessert. We weren't able to walk again today because it is way too cold outside. Maybe tomorrow. I started a new John Grisham book last night, so I'm off to do some reading. Have a great day tomorrow!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. I was very lazy today. We slept in until about 9. Since I made dinner yesterday all I had to do was pull it out of the refrigerator and bake it today. I made some asparagus to go with it. I finished another book today and watched a few things of TV.

Deegee, the 30% off ends tomorrow night. I might have to see if there is anything I want. That's a pretty good deal. John Grisham books are good. I have about 8 Michael Connelly books left to read then will need to find some new ones. We don't have any Ruby Tuesday's here but we have tried them in Colorado before. Carrot cake cupcakes sound really good. Someone at work told me you should lick the frosting off cupcakes first then it's like you are eating a healthy muffin.

Have a great week. :wavey:
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, my mom has hammertoes and they reached the point where they are quite painful to walk on them. She had this one toe straightened but the pin came out after the second week and then the toe became disjointed which led to the infection she had. They are fixing that toe again and this time they are making her use a walker and stay off it for awhile. Good luck to your mom with her cataract surgery.

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
marcy - your poor mom! I hear hammertoe is very painful. It looks very painful. I hope it goes better for her this time. I hope your sisters are getting better as well. I like your coworkers thought about cupcake icing! I found the nutrition information on the Ruby Tuesday's cupcakes, and my carrot cake cupcake was 7 very worth it points. I have a tendency to hoard my points all week and then have all my weekly points left when the weekend gets here. That's when I get dessert and a big beer with dinner!! I allow myself a splurge once a week, as opposed to almost every night as in the old days.

I got my insurance related blood test results back today. Everything was significantly down from last year, which was significantly down from the year before. Along with feeling better, having more energy, no longer being obese, etc., I can see right there on paper the numbers which prove my major lifestyle change really did make a difference. I'm so proud of the numbers, I wanted to pin them to my shirt today! We get a premium reduction if we score in the healthy range for cholesterol, blood glucose, blood pressure, BMI, and waist circumference - and I get the reduction. Yay!!!!! We ate grilled chicken, veggies and salad for dinner tonight and were able to walk 2 miles before the pavement started getting slick from refreezing melted snow. I have a dentist appointment at 7 in the morning, so I'd better get to bed. I don't know what always possesses me to make the 7am appointment. Geez - what on earth was I thinking 6 months ago?? Have a great day tomorrow!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, congratulations on getting terrific reports from the doctor and a reduction in your insurance premium. Yes, your results show a healthy lifestyle change is well work the effort. :appl: :appl: :appl: Glad you got in a nice walk before the sidewalk starting to get slick. My mom is doing pretty well; I went over to visit my parents tonight. My dad was being so nice bringing her everything she needed and cooking her supper. I know my mom's hammer toes are very painful for her; she's had them operated quite a few times. I have them too (I guess they are hereditary) and had problems with a few of them when I was very heavy. My sisters are both coming along fine too. When does your mom have her cataract surgery?

Work today seemed like an extension of Friday. Rats. We are waiting on our February schedules so we were a little slow this afternoon but I think that's fine considering how hard we usually work.

I made homemade pizza for supper. Poor Marty burned his mouth on it and I felt really bad. I brought him home a Frosty after visiting my parents.

Take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi. My day was fairly uneventful. I drove myself to work so I got to come home right at 5 and had supper ready when Marty got home. We had some rice, asparagus and burgers. I am leaving a roast to cook in the crock pot tomorrow. :lickout:

Tonight I played Angry Birds and watched TV. My mom is doing pretty good. She had a rough night last night and didn't sleep well so I hope she gets rested up tonight.

I also worked on our taxes tonight and for the first time we are getting a refund instead of coming up with money to pay. My teaching job always pushed us up a bracket or two but since I only taught one semester last year that income wasn't that much. I see new carpet and wood laminate in our future. Sweet. :appl:

Marty is working on a storage system right now with 4 TB of hard drive. It will automatically back up everything on our computers and I can finally set up the time machine on my Mac. He also plans on ripping all our DVD's and Blu Ray discs so we can watch them at will. Technology rocks!

Take care. :wavey:
Marcy

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Howdy folks!!! Actually managed to get to the pool today--the water was really warm. Had a good workout!

The weather has been rather fine outside--might hit the mountains with my son on Friday and ski.

Take care ya'll :wavey:

cheers--Sharon

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
marcy - I hope your mom is doing better. You have a bunch of people to worry about all at once! Mom has her cataract surgery scheduled for in the morning but she has a cold and is not sure they will do the surgery after all. I never bought time machine for my mac since the only thing I ever do on it is play around on the internet. I still haven't copied Matt's jump drive or organized my songs to put on a jump drive for my car. I think about it when I'm in the car, and then it never enters my mind again until the next time I'm in the car. Yay for getting a tax refund!!!! We haven't looked at our taxes yet. We never get a refund, but I always hope for one.

sharon - glad you had a good workout in the pool. Warm pool water sounds wonderful right now!

We were supposed to have another snow storm today but it is too warm, so we had ice/slush all day. It's below freezing now so everything is going to be nice and slick in the morning. There's no way I'm going to attempt to walk tonight! We had pork roast, potatoes and veggies for dinner. I poured barbecue sauce in the leftover pork roast and we'll have pork barbecues tomorrow for dinner. I went to the dentist yesterday morning and he tried to take an x-ray of a tooth that has been bugging me, but apparently I still have my sinus infection and my sinuses were so swollen that it hid the root and he couldn't see anything. I'm on another round of antibiotics for 2 more weeks - ugh! That's a guaranteed 2-week stomach ache for me. On the plus side, he thinks getting rid of the sinus infection might make my tooth stop hurting. Now that would be great. Have a wonderful & safe day tomorrow!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. Our roast beef was quite delicious. I made some steam and mash potatoes and gravy. We had raw veggies and some wine. Delicious!

Work was a little slow again today. Some of our February files started to show up so we’ll be busy tomorrow and Friday.

Next week one of our guys from corporate is coming up to run through our programs in the test bed. I need to work on my bugs list to show him what I want fixed and tweaked in my programs.

I guess we are having company for dinner this weekend so I’d best clean house tomorrow evening. Marty is cooking some Thai or Indian food; I can’t remember which. We are also going to a cribbage tournament and my “Death” cookies have been requested so I’ll make those. Death cookies came about because I used to send cookies to work with Marty that had skull and crossbones stickers on them. His friends at work started calling my cookies “death cookies”. I am so obnoxious. :devil:

Deegee, my time machine is backing up right now. Marty had problems getting it set up but I went to the website for the brand we bought and found directions. I read them and had no idea what they said so I handed them over to Marty. He got it working. I will keep an eye on how well it is working but if it works as advertised I’ll never loose a file again. Sweet. I hope they think it’s okay to do your mom’s cataract surgery tomorrow. If I was her I would just want to get it over with. Hopefully she is feeling better and has a speedy recovery from her surgery. I called one of my sisters already, will call the other one and my mom here shortly. I worry our family gene pool just shorted out and I’m next in line. Oh no! I wonder if your toothache is because of your sinus infection? I hope so because then it will go away once your infection is gone. Get well soon! Good idea to stay home tonight since it’s slick out. I hope you get a tax refund too.

Sharon, a warm pool sounds divine! I have been using my fleece blanket quite often lately. Have you had much snow this year? We haven’t had much in town but the mountains around here have been getting pounded!

Take care everyone. :wavey:
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
marcy - death cookies...that's cute! So does Marty cook a lot? Matt and I used to play cribbage a lot during the winter months, but we haven't pulled it out this year. He always seems to crush me, even if I practice a bunch on my phone. I'd rather play that than poker though, since my method of no-fold doesn't work too well. I talked to mom just a few minutes ago, and she's having trouble with this eye after the surgery. When she went back in the afternoon for the dr to check it, she had a lot of pressure/fluid built up already and he had to insert a drain tube. She said it is really painful, and the other eye didn't cause any pain at all when she had it done. If it is still bothering her tomorrow, she's supposed to go back in. I hope your family is healing. And have fun with your dinner guests this weekend!

Matt, Lily and I just got back from our walk. It is 25 outside, but it's not windy and not snowing for now so it wasn't too bad. The road started getting slick at about the time we were finishing up our 3rd mile, so we called it quits for the evening. We had our pork bbq for dinner along with some tasty baked fries (the frozen kind), and went out for a frosty afterwards. I stayed home from work today because I woke up with a monster sinus headache and was really sick at my stomach along with my normal aches and pains. Our director approved a jeans day for tomorrow, so I'll be there for sure! Can't miss out on jean day!! My tootsies were tired of being cold so I ordered a pair of UGGs last week, even though I swore I'd never have a pair. I ended up really liking the ones I bought my niece, so I sprung for myself a pair. I love them! Although I made sure to buy a pair that was different than the ones I see on most people. Unfortunately I didn't order the water repellent at the same time so I don't have it yet. I don't want to wear them until I treat them, so my tootsies will be cold a few days longer. Have a great day tomorrow! Yay - Friday!!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, I hate to hear your mom had trouble with her eye. That procedure does sound painful. I hope she is a lot better today. Yes, Marty does like to cook and does quite a bit on the weekends. He is excited to cook some Thai food tonight. I tend to be pretty lucky at cribbage which drives people crazy because it’s more luck than skill. Ha ha. I hope you are feeling better today. Yay for jeans day. Your Uggs sound comfy and warm. Enjoy.

We spent our evening last night cleaning house. The best part of it being Marty’s friends coming to dinner I got him to help clean. He really scrubbed the kitchen and I took care of the living room and bathrooms. No house work this weekend. Sweet.

Have a great Friday. :wavey:
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. Our Thai dinner tonight with friends went well. They had to leave before 10 because their grounded teenager was due home at 10 pm so they wanted to be there. I have no idea what they all ate because I had some mac and cheese and a 100 cal english muffin. Oh and some wine. :bigsmile:

Tomorrow I will be doing laundry and getting Marty ready for a trip to Arizona.

Deegee, how is your mom today?

Have a great weekend. :wavey:
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Howdy!

marcy - I talked to mom this morning. She that the pain is mostly gone, but she has major double vision in that eye. They got snowed in yesterday, so she wasn't able to get out to go back to the dr. She plans to go Monday if her vision hasn't cleared up. She reads even more than I do, I think, so she has taped something over that eye so she can continue reading. The goof! Glad to hear your dinner went well. I have never had Thai food. We have a Thai restaurant that is supposed to be really good, but I'm too chicken to try it! That's funny that your friends had to leave early to make sure the grounded kid was home. Will Marty be gone long on this trip?

We had about 5 inches of snow yesterday that was not in any local forecast, and it has just about melted completely away today. We decided to stay in last night, so I made homemade pizza. Matt's half had pepperoni & green peppers, and my side had green peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes, and some deli-ham. I'm always shocked that I can make a pizza that is edible, and actually tastes pretty good. We took a walk but stopped after 1 mile because the road was ridiculously slick. We were laughing so hard while we tried to get up the big hill because neither of us could get any traction and were sliding all over the place. In our neighborhood we all have a 2X2 brick post at the end of our driveways that is about 5 feet tall, which houses the mail & newspaper boxes and has a lantern/light on top. About halfway up the big hill is a big curve, which someone obviously slid off of and into a brick post at the end of a driveway. The post has been completely flattened, and there are bricks, cinder blocks, glass, metal from the lantern & electrical wires scattered everywhere. We decided we'd be safer in our toasty warm house. If Lily doesn't get her full 3 mile walk in, she's up at 3am...and last night was no exception! We're heading out today to the car show, and I plan to stop at the mall to check a few clearance racks. Today's my splurge day, so I'm thinking something Italian for dinner. Have a great weekend!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, I am glad your mom’s eye feels better but the double vision sounds awful. Too funny tho she is finding ways to continue reading. I had a knick in my cornea one time and that eye could not handle light at all. I tried a sticky note over my glasses on that side; it didn’t work. A friend of mine at work drew an eyeball on a sticky note for me to use at work. Marty is working at his other office all of next week. The guy that came over last night was in Hong Kong with Marty and they both fell in love with Thai food over there. That guys girl friend likes it too but not as spicy. I have so many food allergies I don’t venture away from what I know doesn’t bother me. When Marty was cooking his shrimp soup that had a lot of chilies in it I was really coughing and sneezing from it. It was kind of strange. Your pizza sounds really good. That is our combo of pizza too - Marty gets the pepperoni and veggies and I do canadian bacon and pineapple for me. You can get fairly healthy pizza if you make it yourself. It sounds like getting up the hill to your home was quite the challenge. I am glad you both made it safe and sound. Rats for Lilly being an early riser though. I hope you had fun at the car show and shopping today.

We are in a cribbage tournament tonight. Remember when I won at poker a few weeks ago and the guys were crying and whining about it? Well my friend’s boyfriend took it personal that she said I always win at cribbage so he wants to have a team tournament. Guys are so competitive. I am lucky at cribbage but I don’t always win.

We slept in a little bit this morning. I made pancakes and bacon for breakfast. Marty gets 2 of each and I get 1 of each. This afternoon we ran errands and ate lunch at the Olive Garden. Marty had soup, I had salad and we split an appetizer. I was asked to bake chocolate chip cookies for the cribbage tournament so we each had one hot one this morning.

The weather is pretty nice here today. It’s in the 50’s. Sweet. Monday we are going back to the frigid zone though.

Take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG! Our high for Tuesday is 2 degrees plus wind. ;(

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Bat Phone went off at 3 am. Marty went to work about 4:30. He woke me up about 5:30 to do some work for his department. About 7 his boss called me and asked me to call my boss and tell him to go to work. Now my boss and I are waiting for what they need us to do. Fun morning. I feel awful too on top of being sleepy. Marty will postpone leaving for a day which means I'll have to miss part of a day of work and take him to the airport in snow. Pinch me and wake me up from this bad dream, please. :bigsmile:

I hate 2 pieces of the 45 cal wheat toast for breakfast.

Laters,
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
marcy - bat phones aren't supposed to go off on the weekend! That's just plain wrong. Sorry you both had to get going so early this morning. 4:30 is the time I was heading to bed. (I had a book that needed to be finished, and I had more to go than I thought.) If I was heading home to KY today, I'd take mom a post it note with an eyeball drawn on it. She'd think that was funny! We're supposed to have temps in the 40's this week. It was 45 yesterday and I noticed people at the mall in shorts and short sleeved shirts. Not time for that. I'm still wearing my cozy sweaters & turtlenecks. Bundle up next week! How'd you do at cribbage? I told Matt we need to find our board so I can kick his tooshie in a few games.

We got home late last night and didn't get to take our walk, but we did plenty of that at the car show and the mall. We walked the full length of the mall 5 times. That's what happens when you go in without a plan! I bought a pair of boots on clearance at Macy's - and I don't need another pair of boots! I was never able to wear tall boots until I lost weight last year, and I can't stop buying them now. Ugh!!!! On the way to the car show I remembered that it was chicken & rice night at Cracker Barrel so we did that instead of Italian. It was gooooood. We stopped at O'Charley's on the way home for dessert & drinks. Poor Matt played basketball on Friday and was really feeling it yesterday, so he conked out on me as soon as we got home. He seems to forget that he is in his 40's now, and he can't play 4 straight games at a time like he used to. We won't do much today, just grocery shopping and dinner somewhere. Can you believe the last day of January is tomorrow? Have a great day!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results