shape
carat
color
clarity

JannPaul's EC

BobLuca

Rough_Rock
My wife has been wanting an EC for years now and bought one from JA just awhile back for a pendant but not long after she and her friends stumbled across JP (after her impulse purchase through JA). The Mrs then saw Paul Hung's (JP ceo) instagram sneak peak of JP's ver of EC compared to the normal EC she has and got really curious about them as we haven't heard of them before. She went on every few nights scrolling through their instagram and of course being married for 22 years now I could tell... she really loved JP's emerald. So I took a leap of faith and got in contact with JP to commission one into a ring as an advanced anniversary gift, at least I don't have to scratch my head thinking about what to get now! Hah!

I'm waiting for a crafting video from JP at the moment as many of their team is on Lunar New year leave so it will take some time for them to process/edit it, total wait time for about 4 months+ for my lab grown ec + ring setting. (excluding the ring crafting video). I'm hoping this also cheers her up as she really loves watching Master Miyabi almost every other night!

They told me that their videos are all based on requests and asked if it was alright with the timeframe, since our anniversary isn't till later this year anyways I knew I just had to wait it out to get the full package so we'd have no regrets at all. They were so helpful to provide as long as I give them ample time. From what I know, they are only able to work on crafting videos 3-4 times a year, and I was thankfully able to get within the queue for mid 2023, I'll be sure to post my video once it's ready!

Meanwhile for those curious about jp ec, my wife took a video in our home office with some sunlight streaming in midday, and one other shot when the sun was going down, what I learnt from my jp SA was that their ecs outperforms so much under our home and office lights so here goes- Rochelle's ec

On a side note; JA only has a 30 day policy return. I already surpassed the 30 days return, I wonder if anybody has managed to return it after 30 days? :oops2:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This thread needs to be moved to the lab created forum...this is the Earth grown forum.
Edit...lab created forum

I'm confused...so you already have the ring? All the waiting you commented on is just for a video?

If that's the ring in the video (which I assume it is), its very pretty!

Is the other stone in the video the JA stone? Who helped her pick it? Did she pick it on her own?
It looks leaky.

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
I’m curious too. It sounded like you were getting the ring later this year. Anyway, if this is the JP ring, could you please give the specs? TCW, color, clarity?

BobLuca

Rough_Rock
Oh no, I'm sorry I got too excited to make my first post! Will repost this in the labgrown thread. Thank you!

Yes we recently got our ring and I had also been reading up about JP through the forums before I got in contact with them to get some reassurance and I just wanted to share how the JP ec looks like vs JA's ec cause I read some posts of people looking for their EC but didn't have any videos to look at so sharing here for those considering :)

JP's EC is under their white series patented cuts i forgot to mention not the generic EC.

We went around to our locals to try on the EC's, she really loved the clean look of it, but for some reason every shop we've been to the normal EC's we've seen goes completely dark at certain angles we see and it was really really offputting, I ended up taking up some advice from https://beyond4cs.com/shapes/emerald/
for ideal proportion and angles and got the "leaky" one from JA, it looked good on the 360 video but very different IRL :/

The loose EC is indeed the JA one, unfortunately although we tried to follow ideal proportions and exc/exc it still was just not as bright or fiery as the JP ver.

I think it's also because now that I have the JP diamond to compare the differences are just day and night. But before, since we only had one diamond it looked alright and like most ec we saw in the store before we got to getting one from JA.

It's crazy! JP's EC is just unlike any EC we've ever seen out there. And thanks for the compliment! We absolutely loved the service from JP too, maybe it's just an Asian culture thing that they're really really accommodating.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful stone!

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the clarification.

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
What are the stats of the JP EC? I have a video call with them tonight. I am the one looking to get an EC.

BobLuca

Rough_Rock
I’m curious too. It sounded like you were getting the ring later this year. Anyway, if this is the JP ring, could you please give the specs? TCW, color, clarity?
Sorry for making it confusing. It's my first time doing a custom cut preorder so I thought of sharing the overall process and how long it takes! I already did the waiting and all last year. Basically now I'm just waiting for them to edit and process my crafting video, I told them I'm not in a rush anyway so they told me it should be tentatively sometime mid or even in the next 2 months or so. We're anxiously waiting!

It's a EMR 2.0 they call it, 1.03 carat F VS1. We didnt really get to choose the exact grades for their custom pieces because they can only guarantee that it would be within a range of D to F for color and VVS1 down to VS1 if you make a preorder. They don't know what it will exactly be till its graded so technically I got the bare minimum but we're not mad about it honestly. Ironically it still looks brighter than our D VVS2 JA ec.....

Anyhow, I'm sorry to post this on the wrong thread I'll repost it into the new thread and take this change to better clarify for my original post too hahaha. Thank you guys for pointing out!

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
@BobLuca, so sorry if I'm missing something - and thanks for sharing all the other info - but how long did it take from placing the order to receiving the ring? Thanks!

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
@BobLuca Sorry. I just saw the specs - there was so much to read!! LOL

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
BTW, the ring is beautiful and the flashes are amazing!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you have a link to your JA stone? I'd like to see the video. Unfortunately, having "specs" for an EC is only the start of
the journey. There can be "good" ECs "in spec" and not-so-good ECs in the same specs. I'm sure that the other site you linked to
made that clear.;)2

So PS would never recommend someone picking out an EC without help (from PSers of course). I say that because a lot of
people don't know what to look for and we have several (a lot) PSers who do know what to look for in an EC.

The exception would be if you go with someone who carries EC that we would consider "Super Ideals". There are a few vendors
like JP (BG and I think Distinctivegems) have stones that fall into this category.

I know I'm preaching to the choir...just sorry you had to go through the process of buying the first stone you're not happy with.
I am happy that you did eventually find your dream EC though!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results