shape
carat
color
clarity

JannPaul lab bracelet-worth it?

mayaINaU

Brilliant_Rock
I have been thinking about getting a lab tennis bracelet this year. I have seen a wide range of prices, but cut quality is my top priority. I think I have been ruined by ACAs and Distinctive Gem, and when I bought some small diamond earrings from Costco, I ended up returning them because they didn't sparkle enough. They were https://www.costco.com/round-brilliant-0.50-ctw-vs2-clarity,-i-color-diamond-14kt-gold-channel-set-hoop-earrings.product.4000068519.html and https://www.costco.com/round-brilliant-1.00-ctw-vs2-clarity,-h-color-diamond-14kt-white-gold-earrings.product.100518276.html.

So, this made me think I should look for excellent cut melee or better. I could not find any concrete information about the cut quality of melee Costco uses (excellent, VG, etc.).

I reached out to JannPaul to ask if they make tennis bracelets in lab signature cuts. They do both white series and decagon in lab! Both are the same price: for 3 ct lab grown, it would be approx. 65-67 melee diamonds, 0.045ct each, D-F color, VVS clarity. Total would be $3,500 excluding tax. In contrast, I know I can get 3 ct, excellent cut from Ivy Rose (about $2,000, https://ivyandrose.com/products/3-2...bracelet-14k-white-gold-classic-round-cut-3ct) or Grown Brilliance ($1,300, https://www.grownbrilliance.com/3-c...N2NNlvt7VlPDL78sAQ9Jj_J59uc2rpyRoCHnUQAvD_BwE). It is a bit hard to understand the price differences on different bracelets on IDJ's website, but there is a 3.62 ct for $2,078.70, https://idjewelry.com/4-prong-round-setting-b100b-14kw-001.html (PS quality might be a little more).

Do you think it's worth it to get a signature cut or decagon melee vs. excellent cut melee? I had thought I would not notice in the Costco earrings, but I did. However, they may not have been excellent cut.

mayaINaU

Brilliant_Rock
I know! I am torn, wondering if it would be overkill.

Mrsz1ppy

Brilliant_Rock
I think you will only regret it once, when you pay for the JP. Yes, even with melee, I can tell the difference in how the cut makes the diamond react to light. Just as an example, Maria Tash’s tiny diamond studs outshine all of my other 2nd and 3rd hole earrings.

mayaINaU

Brilliant_Rock
This is a one of those questions that I kind of was hoping the answer was “don’t worry about it,” but I know it’s not.

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
A bracelet is something you can savor with your own eyes, unlike earrings or pendants. Personally, I’d love to see all those decagons over and over again!

@jewels4life had a photo of her clean decagon and her clean signature BGD. Decagon all the way.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Even though the stones are small I would go for it. I doubt you'll notice the decagon shape, but the overall quality of ideal cut melee from the recommended vendors will definitely be worth it IMHO

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you can afford it, I would do the decagon bracelet. It will sting once, like Mrsz1ppy said, but you'll enjoy the heck out of those diamonds.

mayaINaU

Brilliant_Rock
If you can afford it, I would do the decagon bracelet. It will sting once, like Mrsz1ppy said, but you'll enjoy the heck out of those diamonds.

It definitely makes it no longer an impulse purchase but I tend to agree. I might have to bargain with myself for the rest of the year, but I think I would rather wait and get what I really want than get something right now.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Wait, it looks like a 3 ct earth mined bracelet from Whiteflash is $4250. Is there a reason that you eliminated this as an option? I didn't realize that the lab price and em pricing would be so close.

mayaINaU

Brilliant_Rock
Wait, it looks like a 3 ct earth mined bracelet from Whiteflash is $4250. Is there a reason that you eliminated this as an option? I didn't realize that the lab price and em pricing would be so close.

Hmm, I guess I would need to see what the taxes/import duties would add to JannPaul. But mostly I was not looking at Whiteflash because they are no longer using ACA melee in bracelets. I could request it, but it would raise the price.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Have you tried on a 3 ctw bracelet? I only ask bc I have a 4 ctw 4 prong which reads skinny. I bought it way before I joined PS and wish I had made a different choice...

Last edited:

mayaINaU

Brilliant_Rock
Not yet, but I’m definitely going to try on a bunch in person before I buy anything. I am concerned 3 ct will look too small, and if so, I may just have to wait.

Dhana

Shiny_Rock
Is the whiteflash bracelet ACA diamond ? I read that if they do not mention it it’s not am i wrong ? . Maybe that’s why ?

mayaINaU

Brilliant_Rock
If 3 ct looks too small when I try it on, this might be a very long term project. Maybe I should also consider trying an excellent cut (but not branded cut) bracelet with a good return policy and see if it checks the boxes for me.

chere

Shiny_Rock
My Costco 4ctw tennis bracelet was appraised as EFG color, VVS-VS and Excellent cut stones. I got it on sale and it was about the same price as labs. The stones are beautiful and the setting is perfect to wear with my watch. I’m really happy I ordered it to see. The stones are 6 pointers. It’s touch smaller than my CZ tennis bracelet with 10 point stones.

The earrings I’ve seen from Costco have been really nice. It might be hit and miss on the piece. Fortunately they have a great return policy.

mayaINaU

Brilliant_Rock
My Costco 4ctw tennis bracelet was appraised as EFG color, VVS-VS and Excellent cut stones. I got it on sale and it was about the same price as labs. The stones are beautiful and the setting is perfect to wear with my watch. I’m really happy I ordered it to see. The stones are 6 pointers. It’s touch smaller than my CZ tennis bracelet with 10 point stones.

The earrings I’ve seen from Costco have been really nice. It might be hit and miss on the piece. Fortunately they have a great return policy.

That is good to know! Happy to hear that about your bracelet. Might be worth trying out the bracelets then too.

Grymera

Shiny_Rock
Right, I don’t think it is, because they do not specify “ACA” on the listing. They said if it’s ACA, it will be clearly stated in the description.

THIS IS SO SNEAKY!!! Thank you for letting us all know. I'm shocked they removed the ACA from the bracelets without doing any price reduction. Ugh. I've been considering one and it just puts a sour taste in my mouth.

mayaINaU

Brilliant_Rock
THIS IS SO SNEAKY!!! Thank you for letting us all know. I'm shocked they removed the ACA from the bracelets without doing any price reduction. Ugh. I've been considering one and it just puts a sour taste in my mouth.

Here are two threads on this: https://www.pricescope.com/communit...d-station-necklace.274736/page-2#post-5160470
Brian Gavin is still using their signature melee in bracelets, but not in some of the earrings.

Grymera

Shiny_Rock
Here are two threads on this: https://www.pricescope.com/communit...d-station-necklace.274736/page-2#post-5160470
Brian Gavin is still using their signature melee in bracelets, but not in some of the earrings.

Thanks-- I missed those. Wow, what a huge bummer. Really a miss to change it.

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Chiming in for science… I have a 3 carat stock bracelet from JA in F-G, VS quality. Was a gift but believe it was around 1700 USD on sale. I love it, the diamonds sparkle lots. I am not into large rocks, though, and agree that if you are looking for chunky, you might have to go up in size. And the bigger the diamonds, the more you will notice the cut.

Attachments

• C2EFD2E1-7313-4314-99BC-A7D9C7C309A4.jpeg
    C2EFD2E1-7313-4314-99BC-A7D9C7C309A4.jpeg
    212.8 KB · Views: 44

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmm, I guess I would need to see what the taxes/import duties would add to JannPaul. But mostly I was not looking at Whiteflash because they are no longer using ACA melee in bracelets. I could request it, but it would raise the price.

They're not? What is even the point of purchasing a bracelet from them, then? Weird.

mayaINaU

Brilliant_Rock
Chiming in for science… I have a 3 carat stock bracelet from JA in F-G, VS quality. Was a gift but believe it was around 1700 USD on sale. I love it, the diamonds sparkle lots. I am not into large rocks, though, and agree that if you are looking for chunky, you might have to go up in size. And the bigger the diamonds, the more you will notice the cut.

Thank you for contributing to the advancement of tennis bracelet studies! I want it to be a casual, low-key bracelet, for budget reasons and just overall aesthetic. Definitely the first step is to determine if 3 ct looks right to me.

JannPaul sent me a video of the decagon vs. ideal cut melee:

Last edited:

mayaINaU

Brilliant_Rock
Big difference with the decagon melee. I love it. I am starting my venture with JP for my EC ring and possibly decagon studs.

Exciting! I’d love decagon studs.

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Big difference with the decagon melee. I love it. I am starting my venture with JP for my EC ring and possibly decagon studs.

This is exciting news!!!

La2020

Brilliant_Rock
That is sooo unfair

Jp said nope when I asked whether they carry lab grown diamond bracelets n tennis necklace,

Anyway back to original topic

Depends on you.

For me , once I know the difference… I can’t unsee it.

I’d go for it.

N my decagon ring is Sooooo pretty. My holy grail and yes I can clearly see the difference between my other stones.

mayaINaU

Brilliant_Rock
That is sooo unfair

Jp said nope when I asked whether they carry lab grown diamond bracelets n tennis necklace,

Anyway back to original topic

Depends on you.

For me , once I know the difference… I can’t unsee it.

I’d go for it.

N my decagon ring is Sooooo pretty. My holy grail and yes I can clearly see the difference between my other stones.
I’m sorry they told you no! I bet they have been getting more inquiries and decided to make them. I’m the same; once I see it, I can’t go back.

chloe88

Rough_Rock
Premium
@mayaINaU this would look so unique and special! I hope you go through with it and bomb us with pics lol. Do they have an IG page?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results