shape
carat
color
clarity

Jann Paul EC 3-Stone Journey

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
Hi.
I figured as I am close to making my purchase I would start a new thread to work through the stone and setting. I had my almost 2-hour phone call with JP tonight. It was fantastic. My SR was Avery. She had EC's ready for me to look at. The largest they had was 2.47ct and I will be looking at 3-3.5ct. for the center stone. But she also had .5 side stones so I could see how they would look. She is having me send a photo of my hand and they will mock up a 3 and a 3.5ct. with proportionately smaller side EC's so that I can get an idea of how the finger coverage will be and if they look comfortable. I did try on a 3ct. ring with .6 traps in a B&M store and it was comfortable.

I saw their EC 2.0 in every possible light and scope image (I asked her to send me some images and videos so I can share them here.) There was virtually no light leakage and the flashes were phenomenal.

I also found it interesting that they have their EC's certified by GCAL 8X (Proprietary). I had just watched the GCAL PS video, as part of my learning experience, and the GCAL rep said they didn't have fancy cuts yet, but they were working on ovals and then would have fancy cuts later this year. So I was pleasantly surprised.

She will get the images to me later this week and I will post as soon as I get them. The whole process will take about 4-6 months because of the size of the diamond. They can work on designing the setting while the stone is growing. I can't wait to begin! Thank you all for your input so far. I look forward to sharing with you as time goes on.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Really looking forward to following this thread about your JP journey!

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
I absolutely cannot wait! Yay!

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
Here is an GCAL 8X certificate for one of JP’s Emerald Cut 2.0 stones. It is not a stone I am looking at, but she sent it as an example of what I will receive after mine is grown and cut. She is also preparing some more videos and ASET images of an EC she has on hand. And their designers are also preparing drawings with 3.0, 3.3 and 3.5 center diamond in a setting with .5 side ECs that they will place on a photo of my hand to see how it will look.

https://www.gcalusa.com/certificate-search.html?certificate_id=330030082

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Good gravy that is one amazing EC!

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all
Avery at JP sent me renderings of 3 different size ECs with .5 side stones. So I could see the proportions. I want the sides to complement and not overwhelm the center stone. I’m leaning towards the 3.3 or 3.5ct I would love to hear your thoughts. She is also going to mock up how it will look on my actual hand. I wouldn’t go any larger than 3.5 for the center but could go smaller with the side stones.
Both sets of mock-ups are the same. One is just with reflection.
1676033044998.png

Bsmom

Rough_Rock
How thick is your band going to be? I have a three stone in the works with a 5 carat in the center. I can’t wait to see yours

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
She didn't talk specifics and I have to admit that when people in the know talk about mm's I go a little cross eyed and can't picture it. She showed me a 3D image of a band that we both felt was too thin. So going a little thicker and tapering it. I also want the sides of the band smooth and slightly rounded. In other words, I can't really give you an answer yet. I guess we are focusing first on the diamonds and once we decide on size of those and they get to growing them, we can focus on the setting. I'll keep everyone up to date with details as they happen.

How long are you having to wait for your diamond? It's going to be stunning!

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
@momofive I’m so excited for you!

Personally, I love the proportions of the 3.5 with the side stones. The 3 is definitely not highlighted by the sides. Yay for you!

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
@momofive I’m so excited for you!

Personally, I love the proportions of the 3.5 with the side stones. The 3 is definitely not highlighted by the sides. Yay for you!

I'm definitely leaning that way. Doesn't hurt that it's the larger of my choices, but I think the proportions are good. I don't like it when I see larger stones with much smaller stones.

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the 3.5 center. The proportions look best to me. Your ring is going to be gorgeous!

Bsmom

Rough_Rock
It’s here. I’ve had it for a a week now. I can’t wait to see yours.

Attachments

• 6FF5DAA6-CF7B-49F2-AEB7-CD3B292BEBEA.jpeg
    6FF5DAA6-CF7B-49F2-AEB7-CD3B292BEBEA.jpeg
    107.6 KB · Views: 188

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
OMG. that is gorgeous. Can you take some video? I'd love to see it on your hand catching the light. Also, am I spotting a SP band on your hand as well??

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
Where are you getting the side stones from and who will do the setting?

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
So I asked for ASET's for a regular EC and an Emerald 2.0.
First: the regular EC.

This is the Emerald 2.0

This is all just for gathering information.

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
Will do. Again. These aren't the actual stones I'm looking at. They will have to grow it. This is just so I can see the difference in the two versions of EC's. Their 2.0 has 69 facets.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Will do. Again. These aren't the actual stones I'm looking at. They will have to grow it. This is just so I can see the difference in the two versions of EC's. Their 2.0 has 69 facets.

ah ok
Tilting ECs end ways does not tell you much because there is not a lot of action even in the best cut ones, rotating them side to side is where the real show is at.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The 3.3 proportions look the nicest to me. The sides seem too big on the 3.0 but for some reason, if you wanted to go 3.5 my mind
wants the sides to be smaller than .5 .:loopy: Not sure where my eyes/brain and all the mush in between are coming up with what
appeals the most to me. :lol:

Of course, you pick what appeals the most to your eyes/brain!

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
The 3.3 proportions look the nicest to me. The sides seem too big on the 3.0 but for some reason, if you wanted to go 3.5 my mind
wants the sides to be smaller than .5 .:loopy: Not sure where my eyes/brain and all the mush in between are coming up with what
appeals the most to me. :lol:

Thanks for your opinion. That’s why I put the question out there. I don’t want the. Too big but I also don’t like when I’ve seen too small stones on the side. Maybe once they come back with pricing and I decide on the size of the center stone I will ask them to mock it up with .4 sides and the. Compare those.

Of course, you pick what appeals the most to your eyes/brain!

Bsmom

Rough_Rock
OMG. that is gorgeous. Can you take some video? I'd love to see it on your hand catching the light. Also, am I spotting a SP band on your hand as well??

What is an SP band? I’m out of the loop

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry. Typo. JP - meaning Jann Paul. The wedding band on your finger in the photo looks like one from Jann Paul.

Bsmom

Rough_Rock
Sorry. Typo. JP - meaning Jann Paul. The wedding band on your finger in the photo looks like one from Jann Paul.

Oh It's an ebay Bonny Levy bamboo ring. I am trying to attach a video for you

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
So, I touched base with my SR this morning and she told me JP had a minor fire in their store yesterday. No one was injured but they are closed for a couple of days to do the repairs. Just in case anyone is waiting to hear back from them for something.

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
Hi again,
So JP sent me great 3D RENDERINGS with both a 3.3ct and 3.5ct center stone. The side stones are 0.5ct each. She is going to also do hand renderings with the ring on my actual hand, but I haven't gotten them yet. What do you all think of the proportions of the 3.3 vs 3.5 with the side stones?

Also, regarding the setting. I love the basket and originally told her I didn't want a gallery rail unless it was necessary because I didn't want it to take away from the tulip design, but now it looks a little fragile. If I add a gallery rail, maybe I'll do it with pave. I know the experts here are much more technical than I could ever be. I plan on wearing the ring every day, like I do my current ring.

I'd appreciate hearing your thoughts and opinions.

Thank you. I'll post the hand shots and those asets when I get them.

The first ones are the 3.3ct 3.3ct.png 3.3ct setting angled.png

The ones below are the 3.5ct.
3.3ct setting side-2.png 3.5ct setting side.png 3.5ct top down.png 3.3ct setting side-2.png 3.3ct band side.png 3.3ct setting angled.png 3.3ct.png

HGar

Shiny_Rock
OMG no matter which size you end up going with, this ring is going to be magnificent

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They both look great to me. I might have a slight preference for the 3.5. Which do you prefer?

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
They both look great to me. I might have a slight preference for the 3.5. Which do you prefer?

I can barely see a difference, so my first inclination is, "Bigger is better". The price difference isn't crazy, so it will probably be the 3.5, but I will wait to see the hand shots

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results