shape
carat
color
clarity

JamesAllen 25% sale

Lisag103

Shiny_Rock
Honestly the more I compare I'm leaning towards the larger ones too! It is so white and sparkly and you're right, just has more presence. It just feels "extra" which is a little wonderful considering everything right now. Opens up a can of worms though as it's almost the same size as my pendant and I would prefer a little more contrast. Maybe the next project!

If you decide to keep the .75s and would be willing to sell on the .5’s rather than return them I would definitely be interested in buying as I missed out on the sale! No bother if you have other plans!

Decision_Decisions

Shiny_Rock
If you decide to keep the .75s and would be willing to sell on the .5’s rather than return them I would definitely be interested in buying as I missed out on the sale! No bother if you have other plans!

Thanks for the offer! I actually kept the 0.5ctw pair and sent the other back! The piercing in my other ear (not the one I posted pics of) is even closer to the bottom of my lobe, and I just didn't like how close the bigger stone came to the edge of my ear. It just didn't look symmetrical and it bugged me. Wish I could go back in time to when I was 7 and ask that mall jewelry store girl to center the piercing! I think the smaller size is actually plenty of bling for my jeans and t-shirt life (especially these days). The small set feels like a great value!

Also, the bigger pair actually had crooked posts and I knew they would bug me and I didn't want to deal with the quoted 4-6 week repair time frame.

IMG_20200731_135719818.jpg

spectrum

Rough_Rock
Is the sale still going? I just looked at their website and can't find it

Decision_Decisions

Shiny_Rock
Very pretty!! You have lightbox studs, correct? How do you think they compare? Are you still gifting them or thinking of keeping a set?

123ducklings

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty!! You have lightbox studs, correct? How do you think they compare? Are you still gifting them or thinking of keeping a set?

I do have Lightbox studs! Great question, I will try to take some pictures and put together a comparison post.

123ducklings

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the reply. Probably looking at 2 CT. Mile stone birthday for my wife. Any recommendations where to look?

It depends on a combination of your budget, the level of ease you’re looking for as a shopper, and the quality that’s important to you. I think the Lightbox route is a great option on a limited budget. Would you be open to starting a new thread? I think lots of people here could help!

Buttercookies

Brilliant_Rock
The 0.5ctw pairs I ordered as gifts arrived today. Overall I’m really happy with them — excellent value! My estimated shipping was August 10 but they shipped early. I wish there had been a bit better communication from JA about delivery. I wasn’t expecting them this early so when I got an alert on July 28 that they’d be delivered the following day I called to let them know I wouldn’t be available until August 3 (today). They said that wouldn’t be a problem but I still got slips showing that FedEx had attempted delivery. I hate to waste people’s time, so I wish I’d had a bit more notice that they were coming to make arrangements or that JA would have communicated with FedEx to delay delivery. In any case, lovely earrings from JA and great service from FedEx for handling the repeated delivery attempts.

7341AF9A-02A0-4911-865D-B7FC5A3A1883.jpeg

5F1681D2-EC94-4B58-92A8-0F966B230AF3.jpeg

D61E568B-3503-46BC-810D-B2C50AE9CB9F.jpeg
I love it. How is their backings? I backed out on the deal since I went back to Princess cut stud LOL with la pousette backing.

123ducklings

Brilliant_Rock
I love it. How is their backings? I backed out on the deal since I went back to Princess cut stud LOL with la pousette backing.

The backings are standard tension backs but they are secure and a good size (not the super tiny delicate ones sometimes given by default).

doribird

Rough_Rock
I got my .50 ctw pair a few days ago. They are absolutely perfect for what I wanted. I have multiple piercings, so I needed something that would work with my other tiny diamond studs. They are so sparkly, I'm really happy with them, and haven't taken them off since they arrived. Here are crummy pictures of my ears, and yes- my hair is cut into a fauxhawk that is growing out (in the awkward stage), so just ignore that.
IMG_20200807_161257452_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg IMG_20200807_161057726.jpg

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
Has anyone been getting James Allen newsletters lately? I used to get them regularly but they’ve abruptly stopped. *shrugs*

Anyway, I follow their IG and they have a 25% off discount code for jewelry, not loose stones (code: take25). The offer is good until August 15th. Just thought I’d share in case anyone wants another shot at getting their lab diamond studs.

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Has anyone been getting James Allen newsletters lately? I used to get them regularly but they’ve abruptly stopped. *shrugs*

Anyway, I follow their IG and they have a 25% off discount code for jewelry, not loose stones (code: take25). The offer is good until August 15th. Just thought I’d share in case anyone wants another shot at getting their lab diamond studs.

Yassss thank you for this!

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
23E5C680-E0F7-4460-833B-CE0A7AC5BAFF.png Guys I’m so tempted to go for the James Allen studs but also see almost no difference between diamond and cz. But I’ve never had diamond earrings before.
Are you guys noticing some extra sparkle with your new studs??

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
23E5C680-E0F7-4460-833B-CE0A7AC5BAFF.png Guys I’m so tempted to go for the James Allen studs but also see almost no difference between diamond and cz. But I’ve never had diamond earrings before.
Are you guys noticing some extra sparkle with your new studs??

I’ve never owned high quality CZs so I can’t speak for them, but I love my JA studs. They’re super sparkly and white. I think due to the cut and color they look bigger than they actually are (mine are .50 ctw). IMO, they are worth the price, which is already a bargain.

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock

My bad. The code is good until midnight, EST. So act fast if you are interested.
5D76B66C-3A6C-4F2F-AD90-45918A8A7873.jpeg

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
@sd_flp thanks x2! Decisions decisions!

You’re welcome! I think you should definitely try them...if you don’t end up liking the studs or think they’re too similar to your CZs you can always return them and get your money back. ;-)

Buttercookies

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you @sd_flp
I thought I settled already and this sale is back again. So hard!

More like Indecision lol

mrsthirdcharms

Shiny_Rock
I got my .50 ctw pair a few days ago. They are absolutely perfect for what I wanted. I have multiple piercings, so I needed something that would work with my other tiny diamond studs. They are so sparkly, I'm really happy with them, and haven't taken them off since they arrived. Here are crummy pictures of my ears, and yes- my hair is cut into a fauxhawk that is growing out (in the awkward stage), so just ignore that.
IMG_20200807_161257452_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg IMG_20200807_161057726.jpg

I love your multiple piercings... it makes me want to open mine up again! Is that a blue diamond stud in the conch piercing? If so, is it from NWD?

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for the sale info! I just bought the 2 ct tennis bracelet I had waiting in my cart!

Nice! Please share when you receive it =)2

ThiaChelf

Shiny_Rock
SERIOUSLY considering a pair of 0.5 CT studs

ThiaChelf

Shiny_Rock
So the sale code still works...I just got a pair of 0.5 and a pair of 0.25 lab created studs in the 4 prong setting. I have three piercings per ear. Right now I have bezel set stones in that I got at Kohls (not great stones but it was before I found pricescope) but I want some better quality ones. I got the 0.5 CT for my first piercings and the 0.25 for my second. Maybe for Christmas or my birthday next year ill get 0.75 ones too. My earlobes are pretty small so they'll look big in them. The 2nd pair of bezel sets i have are also 0.25 so I know exactly how they look on my ears already lol. I have a pair of miracle set teeny ones I'll wear in the third piercing with these for now.

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for the sale info! I just bought the 2 ct tennis bracelet I had waiting in my cart!

Yeah I'm going for the tennis bracelet too.

ThiaChelf

Shiny_Rock
How do their preset studs come? Are they packaged like their custom pieces?

ThiaChelf

Shiny_Rock
They come in a red box. Scroll back to post #94 in this thread — I posted a picture of mine

Thank you I did see that. Does the red box come in the larger white box like their rings?

spectrum

Rough_Rock
It depends on a combination of your budget, the level of ease you’re looking for as a shopper, and the quality that’s important to you. I think the Lightbox route is a great option on a limited budget. Would you be open to starting a new thread? I think lots of people here could help!

Thanks for the reply. Somehow I missed your post while looking on my phone. I was about to buy 2 CT total weight studs on James Allen with 25% coupon, until I looked at Lightbox. Wow! That is still a big difference in price.
Unfortunately Lightbox is out of stock on clear diamonds, but the James Allen earings would not have arrived in time for my wifes birthday anyways.
Are 2 CT total weight the biggest I can get in man made diamonds? My wife doesn't really have an opinion one way or the other on man made versus mined diamonds, but personally even if prices were equal- I would still go the man made route. The fact that man made is significantly cheaper is fantastic

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results