shape
carat
color
clarity

JamesAllen 25% sale

Buttercookies

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks so much! I would love to see if anyone bought the bigger studs. If these small ones are nice, I wouldn’t doubt that the larger ones are just as good.

Here are a couple other pics. I hope no one is annoyed with these but I can’t help but rave how pretty they are!

E4AEFAC9-2FFB-4652-9381-BA0A760BBBF1.jpeg FBA9C275-0FBC-4A5A-BC74-89203C55AA26.jpeg

beautiful!! JA delivered

Buttercookies

Brilliant_Rock
@sd_flp Do you happen to have a pair of Lightbox to compare. I’m curious between the two.

Decision_Decisions

Shiny_Rock
Dang, I'm really impressed with the cut! I wonder if you just got lucky. I will post comparisons of the 0.5 and 0.75 ctw when I get them. I wish they had preset solitaire pendants on sale!

@Buttercookies, did you order lightbox & JA but then cancel one? I would have loved to see a comparison!

Last edited:

Buttercookies

Brilliant_Rock
Another extension of 25% sale!

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
@sd_flp Do you happen to have a pair of Lightbox to compare. I’m curious between the two.

I don’t, unfortunately. I am pretty wary about buying their white diamonds because I hated the cut on the pendant I bought from them last year. I might’ve been unlucky that time because everyone else’s Lightbox white diamonds look ok to me. I wouldn’t hesitate to buy any of their fancy colored diamonds, though...I just need that blue to be a little bit more saturated!

Buttercookies

Brilliant_Rock
Dang, I'm really impressed with the cut! I wonder if you just got lucky. I will post comparisons of the 0.5 and 0.75 ctw when I get them. I wish they had preset solitaire pendants on sale!

@Buttercookies, did you order lightbox & JA but then cancel one? I would have loved to see a comparison!

Yes. I order Lightbox and JA recently. Still waiting for JA.

123ducklings

Brilliant_Rock
Who else is waiting for theirs? Excited to see more pics as they come in!

My order is “in production” and still estimated to ship 8/10. I love seeing everyone’s pictures and will definitely post when mine arrive!

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
Still waiting on mine to ship. Original date was 7/29 and don't see them budging from that.

Ol-Blue

Shiny_Rock
I ordered the .50 last minute. So mine isn’t due to ship until Aug 17 :(
I really want 1ctw, but this deal was too good to pass up and I’m hoping these hold me over!
Anyway, I’m super excited!! Lol

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I will order the studs from JA next time the sale goes on. I think they have the 25% off sale every so often... do you think?

Decision_Decisions

Shiny_Rock
I've seen 25% off sales on settings before but I've never noticed sales on the actual lab stones like that before. I could be wrong though. Either way maybe it's something we'll see more of in the future!

doribird

Rough_Rock
I ordered the .50 ctw as well. I'm excited to see the pictures start rolling in!

Decision_Decisions

Shiny_Rock
My 0.5ctw pair should be here tomorrow! I ordered on the 12th, ship date was listed as 7/30. The 0.75ctw pair was ordered the 10th and still says 8/7 for ship date. Interesting the 0.5 shipped sooner.

Decision_Decisions

Shiny_Rock
So I actually received the 0.75ctw, the 0.5ctw will be here Monday. First impression, they're really nice! Seems like a pretty nice cut and they are super sparkly. I definitely see arrows and tried my hardest to get a pic, but every time I got close they just got dark. I'm excited to compare with the smaller pair. I feel that this size may be a little unnecessarily large but I can probably pull it off!

IMG_20200725_162053646_MP.jpg

IMG_20200725_164242785.jpg

IMG_20200724_173844820.jpg

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
So I actually received the 0.75ctw, the 0.5ctw will be here Monday. First impression, they're really nice! Seems like a pretty nice cut and they are super sparkly. I definitely see arrows and tried my hardest to get a pic, but every time I got close they just got dark. I'm excited to compare with the smaller pair. I feel that this size may be a little unnecessarily large but I can probably pull it off!

IMG_20200725_162053646_MP.jpg

IMG_20200725_164242785.jpg

IMG_20200724_173844820.jpg

They look lovely on you! I don’t think they look too big at all. :) I can’t wait to see your comparison between the .50 ctw to these.

Decision_Decisions

Shiny_Rock
They look lovely on you! I don’t think they look too big at all. :) I can’t wait to see your comparison between the .50 ctw to these.

Thank you! One thing I'm struck by is how bright white they are, as my mined stones are all in the I-K range. If anyone buying these has high color mined stones I'm interested to know how you think the color compares.

Ol-Blue

Shiny_Rock
I’m so happy! These just arrived!
I almost didn’t order these as I wanted the 1ctw so I was going to hold out until the next sale. I decided last minute to get these .50 and I’m so glad I did! The price was great and they are so sparkly! I wish I took pics still in the box, but I shoved them in my ears before I even gave it a thought. Lol the good new is, unlike my man hands where I always think I need bigger bling, I have elvish ears and I think these are perfect and I probably won’t even get the bigger ones now! ( now I can put the $ towards a tennis bracelet!). Here’s a terrible pic, in terrible light but it will at least show size F3EF4B48-EB08-4D86-90BC-B49EA5DC288C.jpeg

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
I’m so happy! These just arrived!
I almost didn’t order these as I wanted the 1ctw so I was going to hold out until the next sale. I decided last minute to get these .50 and I’m so glad I did! The price was great and they are so sparkly! I wish I took pics still in the box, but I shoved them in my ears before I even gave it a thought. Lol the good new is, unlike my man hands where I always think I need bigger bling, I have elvish ears and I think these are perfect and I probably won’t even get the bigger ones now! ( now I can put the $ towards a tennis bracelet!). Here’s a terrible pic, in terrible light but it will at least show size F3EF4B48-EB08-4D86-90BC-B49EA5DC288C.jpeg

Aren’t they fiery?! I’m so impressed with them and I have been wearing mine non stop since I got them in the mail. They look stunning on you, too!

I know people talk about DSS here but I am seriously considering the .25ctw in the martini settings. I find the .50ctw plenty big and white and I’d love a size smaller for when I go back to work. :)

vetrik

Shiny_Rock
Aren’t they fiery?! I’m so impressed with them and I have been wearing mine non stop since I got them in the mail. They look stunning on you, too!

I know people talk about DSS here but I am seriously considering the .25ctw in the martini settings. I find the .50ctw plenty big and white and I’d love a size smaller for when I go back to work. :)

I have been loving mine too! I learned that I didn’t really have a reference for stud sizes in my ear - I was afraid the .5ctw would feel small, but I was surprised how big they seem.

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
I have been loving mine too! I learned that I didn’t really have a reference for stud sizes in my ear - I was afraid the .5ctw would feel small, but I was surprised how big they seem.

Yay! :) And same...I thought they were going to be much smaller. The sizing scale on the JA website portrayed the .50 ctw studs to be smaller than I anticipated. Not complaining because they’re not too huge and they’re flattering. I think the color definitely makes them look bigger, too.

Lisag103

Shiny_Rock
Yay! :) And same...I thought they were going to be much smaller. The sizing scale on the JA website portrayed the .50 ctw studs to be smaller than I anticipated. Not complaining because they’re not too huge and they’re flattering. I think the color definitely makes them look bigger, too.

Ugh I was afraid they would look too small as well and didn’t want to splurge on the 1 carat tcw as I have a ring project in the works but now I’m sad I didn’t order seeing all you ladies beautiful purchases. Will have to wait for next time!

Decision_Decisions

Shiny_Rock
Here is the comparison of the 0.5ctw to 0.75ctw. The 0.5ctw are super nice too, little arrows flashing like crazy! I feel like the difference is more subtle than the comparison between Loop studs and JA mined stones that I posted earlier in the thread. Hard to decide, I do love the larger pair, they feel more special, but they're $300 more for not much more visual effect. I'm not trying to spend the least, I like simple jewelry and will likely wear these daily for decades so want to get something that makes me happy. But the savings could also go to a different project if I went with the smaller ones...

Opinions please!!
IMG_20200727_204224496.jpg IMG_20200727_203658003.jpg IMG_20200727_203615653.jpg

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
Here is the comparison of the 0.5ctw to 0.75ctw. The 0.5ctw are super nice too, little arrows flashing like crazy! I feel like the difference is more subtle than the comparison between Loop studs and JA mined stones that I posted earlier in the thread. Hard to decide, I do love the larger pair, they feel more special, but they're $300 more for not much more visual effect. I'm not trying to spend the least, I like simple jewelry and will likely wear these daily for decades so want to get something that makes me happy. But the savings could also go to a different project if I went with the smaller ones...

Opinions please!!
IMG_20200727_204224496.jpg IMG_20200727_203658003.jpg IMG_20200727_203615653.jpg

Personally I think both look very similar and if it were me I would keep the smaller ones because I’m thrifty, lol. Other people might feel differently though. How would you say the JA .50ctw studs compare to your Loop studs? If they’re similar in quality maybe you can opt to return the JA .50 ctw?

Decision_Decisions

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the input! I returned the Loop studs several months ago. I just didn't like the settings and I could tell that the stones were not great cuts. One of the stones kind of had arrows but the other didn't at all. So I'm really glad that I didn't settle for those. I also felt like they were a little too small. It's hard to tell but I feel like the JA 0.5ctw studs are just a bit bigger than the Loop ones. Overall much happier with JA!

Buttercookies

Brilliant_Rock

Opinions please!!

Call me vain lol. But I prefer the larger stud on you. It has more presence. :)

Decision_Decisions

Shiny_Rock
Call me vain lol. But I prefer the larger stud on you. It has more presence. :)

Honestly the more I compare I'm leaning towards the larger ones too! It is so white and sparkly and you're right, just has more presence. It just feels "extra" which is a little wonderful considering everything right now. Opens up a can of worms though as it's almost the same size as my pendant and I would prefer a little more contrast. Maybe the next project!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results