shape
carat
color
clarity

JamesAllen 25% sale

Buttercookies

Brilliant_Rock
Is there a competition for lab grown diamond? JamesAllen just expanded their lab created preset stud to include 1ctw 1.5 ctw and 2ctw.

Currently their 1ctw is priced lower than Lightbox.

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
Hooray for more pre-set options! My hesitation would be they do not specify any sort of cut grade (which admittedly, most consumers probably don't care or know about that much), and would likely still request the certs for the stones used.

It would not be beyond the realm of possibility that as the technology produces larger quantities and better quality rough for MMDs and an increased number of retailers get on the lab-grown bandwagon the prices will drop and demand will go up, creating a competition indeed.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Those are good prices on the pre-set earrings. I wish they had been an option when I bought my mother's day gift!

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
Wish the .5ctw had screw or locking backs, but I guess I could get them converted.

Buttercookies

Brilliant_Rock
Wish the .5ctw had screw or locking backs, but I guess I could get them converted.

I asked them about la pousette backing as well and they quote $150 and no return Lan since it will be custom piece.

Lisag103

Shiny_Rock
I’m pretty tempted by the .50 ctw studs that are on sale. Only $247!

Silly question but for the .5 ctw studs do they mean that each one will be .5 or .25?

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
Silly question but for the .5 ctw studs do they mean that each one will be .5 or .25?

Yep, they’re .25 carats each. =)2 Still much cheaper than Lightbox studs.

Lisag103

Shiny_Rock
Thanks! Amazing price and I am so tempted but I worry about the additional cost of customs duty as I’m in Europe! Might be worth it though!

Do you think the .25 TCW would be teeny tiny?

Buttercookies

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks! Amazing price and I am so tempted but I worry about the additional cost of customs duty as I’m in Europe! Might be worth it though!

Do you think the .25 TCW would be teeny tiny?

They will be .125 carat each so about 3-3.25 mm in diameter.

It depends on your earlobe. If you have small earlobe it will be suitable. Most people but this size for their second piercing.

Lord knows I’ve been looking at studs for a long time now. This is the best pricing I’ve seen.

I’m tempted by the 1 ctw.

m-cubed

Shiny_Rock
I‘m not crazy about studs themselves, but I like the idea with different earring jackets. I saw a lot of jackets in eBay, but wasn’t sure how sizing worked. Do they tend to come in particular sizes, like it’s easy to find ones that fit 0.5 ct studs, but not .33 ct studs as an example? Clue me in please!

Decision_Decisions

Shiny_Rock
I'm so tempted by this! I built a pair of studs earlier this year and ended up sending them back because the cuts weren't "perfect" and for the price I felt like they needed to be. In retrospect they were beautiful and I probably should have kept them but it was a mind clean issue.

That said, I compared studs from 3 different vendors and the JA ones were by far the nicest settings. Might consider taking a chance on the cut at this price...

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
I caved on the 1/2 ctw earrings.

Oooh, congrats :kiss2: ...I’m still debating on whether I should cave, too. I spoke with a rep via chat and she claimed that the cuts on the diamonds are ideal. The fact that they’re F/G color was good enough for me. Let us know how they are!

Decision_Decisions

Shiny_Rock
Hmmm, I just did a chat and she would not say what the cut was, just that they were better than brick and mortar stores. When I pressed she said very good/excellent. I would not expect ideal unfortunately but hopefully it will be surprisingly good! Looks like it might take up to a month to ship though.

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmm, I just did a chat and she would not say what the cut was, just that they were better than brick and mortar stores. When I pressed she said very good/excellent. I would not expect ideal unfortunately but hopefully it will be surprisingly good! Looks like it might take up to a month to ship though.

Lol, tbh, I think the cs rep might have embellished because I let her know I didn’t expect them to be ideal. :) Personally I think they’ll be at the very worst “Good” cuts, at least based on the loose lab diamonds they have listed on their site (re: Good, Very Good, Ideal).

Last edited:

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
They're earrings, so I'm not too arsed about it. I was going to get the 1/4ctw Costco studs, so I presume these are better (and also bigger).

mrsthirdcharms

Shiny_Rock
For those of you looking for smaller lab diamond studs, don’t forget about Loop. They’ve got .5 tcw 14k white gold studs for $199. I love my pair.

sparklyshrink

Shiny_Rock
I was hoping their loose lab diamonds would be on sale, but it appears not.

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
I was hoping their loose lab diamonds would be on sale, but it appears not.

I don’t think the diamond pricing is something they can entirely control which is why they’re not eligible for deep discounts. From my understanding all their diamonds listed on the website aren’t their own and most (maybe all) are not in-house. It’s just a list of diamonds from wholesalers that are available to everyone.

That said, it is possible to find a better price for some of the same diamonds JA has on their website by looking somewhere like Rare Carat. JA will also price match if you find the same diamond for cheaper elsewhere.

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
I’m curious to see how long it will take to produce and ship the earrings. Not that I’m worried since I don’t need them anytime soon, but I am excited. I was never interested in diamond stud earrings until I saw an old friend of mine wear hers last year when we were catching up...they were tiny (.50 ctw, just like the ones I got), but they flashed like crazy. I couldn’t stop looking at them. And then I started noticing other people’s diamond studs all of a sudden... :roll2::lol-2:

I got the basket settings as I’m too scared to use martinis (otherwise I would have bought the other ones from Loop for $199) and I plan to have them fastened with plastic backs to secure them.

123ducklings

Brilliant_Rock
I broke down and got two of the 0.5 ctw pairs to gift. I’ve been loving the 1 ctw pair I had made from Lightbox necklaces so much I want to spread the sparkle :lol:

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
I’m curious to see how long it will take to produce and ship the earrings. Not that I’m worried since I don’t need them anytime soon, but I am excited. I was never interested in diamond stud earrings until I saw an old friend of mine wear hers last year when we were catching up...they were tiny (.50 ctw, just like the ones I got), but they flashed like crazy. I couldn’t stop looking at them. And then I started noticing other people’s diamond studs all of a sudden... :roll2::lol-2:

I got the basket settings as I’m too scared to use martinis (otherwise I would have bought the other ones from Loop for $199) and I plan to have them fastened with plastic backs to secure them.

Mine have a ship date of the 29th. I don't mind because of the price, but I have to say the lead time was a little disappointing for basic, preset earrings.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results