shape
carat
color
clarity

James Allen Split Shank Pave Setting

Yusiro

Rough_Rock
Hello All,

I have been researching diamonds on this fine site for months, and am finally getting very close to a decision on the stone. I had also decided that I was going to get James Allen to make me a custom setting - one that is Split Shank Pave (based off this design: http://www.jamesallen.com/engagement-rings/pave/ring/item_412-1901.asp)

After digging deeper, I have found several of you who are not happy with the quality of the setting you received from James Allen.

Could you please put my fears to rest (or confirm their reason) by telling/showing your experience with settings from them?

If there is any doubt in quality I will go elsewhere for the setting and simply buy the chosen diamond from JA. I really wanted to get everything done in one place, but if quality may be an issue I'll take the hassle over the worry.

Thanks very much in advance

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
I'm surprised that folks have raised concerns about JA's settings. They have a very good reputation!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Some people have been unhappy, but JA has been very good about addressing concerns as well. If there is an issue I wouldn't be surprised if they fixed it for you.

Yusiro

Rough_Rock
Thanks guys, that makes me breath a little easier. I will go with my original plan and have James Allen create my perfect custom ring.

Thanks again!

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
my e-ring is from JA and I had no problem with them at all. It's been 4 months now and the ring is still white and beautiful~ :bigsmile:

slg47

Ideal_Rock
I think some of the problems have been with not realizing that pave rings might need some maintenance. I would ask JA if they will replace a stone if it falls out.

Yusiro

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the reply all.

Sig: what type of maintenance are we talking about here? Is my FF going to have a constant worry about having one of the small stones fall out? If it's routine cleaning and checking the prongs, that's fine, but the constant worry would drive her insane if stones just started falling out!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
Yusiro|1314812485|3006519 said:
Thanks for the reply all.

Sig: what type of maintenance are we talking about here? Is my FF going to have a constant worry about having one of the small stones fall out? If it's routine cleaning and checking the prongs, that's fine, but the constant worry would drive her insane if stones just started falling out!

you can do a search to read about other people's experiences with pave. stones should definitely not just start falling out for no reason but there is the possibility that one /could/ fall out so I would ask JA if they would cover a replacement and what the charges would be (shipping only?) Many people wear pave rings and have had no problems but you would definitely want to get regular cleanings and checking prongs.

Yusiro

Rough_Rock
Thanks Sig, I'll do a search and see what problems people are having and how common they are.

Regards

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results