shape
carat
color
clarity

James Allen Settings

HerculesMom

Rough_Rock
Wondering if anyone on here has dealt with James Allen. I have a 2 ct marquis stone in need of resetting and am hesitant to send it off to them. Any feedback would be welcomed. Thank you so very much!

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
My e-ring is from there and I'm very happy with it. As long as you are not going custom they will refund the money in 30 days which made me feel very comfortable for going with them. I'm on my phone right now. When I get home I can find my post for you

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
are you worried about sending your stone off to get set or quality of the setting?

HerculesMom

Rough_Rock
I am worried about both!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
One of my friends, Asscher girl, sent her asscher to them for a reset, it came back fine and the setting was lovely. I wouldn't have any issue if it were me. Make sure it is insured though... that's true for ANY place you send your diamond to.

HerculesMom

Rough_Rock
Thanks Gypsy!

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
I have been dealing with James Allen since March and they have been WONDERFUL!! I was quite indecisive about what I wanted for a setting so I ordered a WG knife edge and the turn around time was super fast. I then found a different setting that I wanted so I called and got an RMA # and returned the ring for the new setting, 10 days later I got the ring back and THEN decided that I wanted more bling so I sent it all back 1 more time and again 10 days later I had my lovely back on my finger.

The quality was wonderful for all 3 rings, I simply couldn't make up my mind and it was a large purchase for me so I wanted it 'just right'. The customer service was great too, they never made me feel like a 'difficult' customer and offered their opinions along the way. In fact if I had listened in the first place I could have fore gone both returns. :rolleyes:

In my experience you will be just fine! :) I know how scary it is in leiu of a recent poster to want to do anything online, but really that is only 1 expereince (and NOT with JA) of many many successful ones!

Good Luck! :D

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
You shouldnt have any problems sending your stone to a vendor that has been used over and over again by many people on PS. Make sure to insure your stone prior to send off!

rainysundays

Rough_Rock
I am having a lot of trouble with my James Allen Dahnov ring right now. We bought it in April 2006 and didn't have any problems until recently when a stone fell out of the halo. After the first repair, I was unhappy with the way it was done as the diamond that was replaced sat lower and it was very rough on that spot. Sure enough, the diamond fell out again five weeks later. I sent it back and after having it for several weeks, I was told that I could pay $700 to have the ring rebuilt plus they recommended that I also have the wedding ring rebuilt to match and that was another $400. When I said I could not do that as it just wasn't in our budget right now, they said no problem, they'd just repair it. Less than two weeks later, another stone fell out again. So this is the third time I'll send it back to them to be repaired, and I'm to the point where I hate to even look at my engagement ring any longer. It's beautiful but if I'd known it was going to cause so much trouble down the road, I'd have gone somewhere else.

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
rainysundays|1308779272|2952296 said:
I am having a lot of trouble with my James Allen Dahnov ring right now. We bought it in April 2006 and didn't have any problems until recently when a stone fell out of the halo. After the first repair, I was unhappy with the way it was done as the diamond that was replaced sat lower and it was very rough on that spot. Sure enough, the diamond fell out again five weeks later. I sent it back and after having it for several weeks, I was told that I could pay $700 to have the ring rebuilt plus they recommended that I also have the wedding ring rebuilt to match and that was another $400. When I said I could not do that as it just wasn't in our budget right now, they said no problem, they'd just repair it. Less than two weeks later, another stone fell out again. So this is the third time I'll send it back to them to be repaired, and I'm to the point where I hate to even look at my engagement ring any longer. It's beautiful but if I'd known it was going to cause so much trouble down the road, I'd have gone somewhere else.

If you have worn the ring daily for the past 5 years and this is the first time you've had issue with your pave, I would think you were fortunate. Please don't get me wrong I'm super sorry that you are having problems with your ring, but I've heard many a horror story about people have their pave fall our a week later, so 5 years from now I won't be surprised if it's time for my ring to have some maintaince. I could be wrong, this is my very first experience with pave but I've been thrilled this far and may feel differently 5 years from now.

But as far as JA being reputable, I would have no hesitation using them again. They are on ivouch as well you could see what people are saying there.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results