shape
carat
color
clarity

James Allen question and setting talk.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

its lydia

Rough_Rock
I have been eyeing THIS setting because I like the subtle pave and the cathedral. I think it looks stunning with an asscher center. Does anyone have this setting by chance?

My center will be .70-.80ct. Is the band on this (2.2mm) thin enough to really accentuate the diamond? I like thin bands a lot. I have size 6 fingers, if anyone has a 2.2mm (or similar) bands, pictures would be great so I can see the look in person.

The price is great for this setting, and it will allow me to maybe even go bigger on the center. I haven''t seen many PSers with JA settings, how is their quality?

While I like this setting, I''m open to other suggestions. I like solitaires, but I want to it be unique, not just the copy-paste 4 prong on WG band type deal. I''d like to find more settings that I like that are less than $600, just to have more options to think about. I''ve been searching all day!
1.gif

I like knife edge and trellis settings also, but am having trouble finding one that is 2mm that will accommodate an asscher.

Thanks for listening, you guys are great!

its lydia

Rough_Rock
One more thing, I am probably going to be having a J or a K diamond, and was wondering what you guys think of having a solitaire with platinum prongs, but having the shank be WG, but UNPLATED?

I don''t know what that would look like, but it sounds pretty in my head lol.

its lydia

Rough_Rock
Thank you! You''re a gem
9.gif

Looking at that setting.. the band looks to wide to me. It''s 2.2mm, I think I might prefer actually 1.7-2mm..

Anyone have pics of bands this size?

its lydia

Rough_Rock
Ohh, no I didn''t see that one, must have looked right over it. Thank you, that looks perfect!

James Allen''s customer service headquarters is like 45 minutes away from me (in Frederick Maryland which is the most random place to put anything, if anyone lives in MD then they know what I''m talking about). Their headquarters is in NYC, and then.. Frederick MD. Po-Dunk cow town. Yeehaw!

But I don''t know if they have settings on hand at that location. Sure would be nice to be able to try this on before ordering it.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think that common prong setting would look fab with an asscher and I definitely think it is thin enough. I hope you take some pictures if you end up visiting, sounds like fun!!

its lydia

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/8/2009 2:15:16 AM
Author: kcoursolle
I think that common prong setting would look fab with an asscher and I definitely think it is thin enough. I hope you take some pictures if you end up visiting, sounds like fun!!

Kcoursolle, the first setting I originally posted, or the 1.9mm?

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/8/2009 2:26:06 AM
Author: its lydia

I like the second thinner one slightly more, but the first one is great too. It''s just a tad thick for an asscher, since they face up a little small.

its lydia

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/8/2009 2:27:42 AM
Date: 4/8/2009 2:26:06 AM

Author: its lydia

I like the second thinner one slightly more, but the first one is great too. It''s just a tad thick for an asscher, since they face up a little small.

Ah, okay, I was just making sure we were on the same page. I love the thinner one also! I think I found a winner!
9.gif

its lydia

Rough_Rock
With a band that thin should I go a little smaller than my ring size? I heard thinner bands spin easier..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results