shape
carat
color
clarity

James Allen Question and diamond question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jiminycricket369

Rough_Rock
Hi

I was finally about to purchase a ring and diamond from James Allen. When I went to check out, there was something that said "do you want the settting department to set the diamond and appraise for $150?" Is this typical, if I choose not, do I still get it mounted? are there any other considerations? It seems expensive and not very forthright.

Also, check this out:
http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/H-SI1-Ideal-Cut-Round-Diamond-1213120.asp

This fits the grad school budget and I think will perform pretty well.

Thanks for any advice in my quest to impress on a budget.
30.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would check with JA, I was always under the impression that the setting charge was included with the purchase of a diamond and setting, not added on. With the appraisal I am not sure whether that is included in the price also. Give them a call and ask for Jim the owner, he will soon clarify.

The diamond looks great.

YoungPapa

Shiny_Rock
Trade
jiminy,

If you purchase a diamond and a ring they will be set together and appraised for no additional fee. What you''ve described is a small bug in our checkout process that occurs if the diamond and ring are added to the shopping cart seperately and the system fails to "connect" the two together. I''m working to get that fixed, but until then you can rest assured that those services are free of charge.

All the best,

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Jim!

jiminycricket369

Rough_Rock
Thanks,

When I reread it, it made sense.

RBsearch

Rough_Rock
Looks like you found a nice diamond and a great value. Good work, and remember to post pics of the finished product!

jiminycricket369

Rough_Rock
Hi

I went with the .74, getting excited. Pricescope rocks!

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Which setting did you choose?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/20/2009 4:42:58 PM
Author: jiminycricket369
Hi

I went with the .74, getting excited. Pricescope rocks!
Congrats!!

jiminycricket369

Rough_Rock
I went with this: http://www.jamesallen.com/engagement-rings/classic-solitaire-settings/Cathedral-Reverse-Tapered-Ring.html

I was looking at the angled reverse taper, but it said it put the diamond a little higher up which the girlfriend didn''t want.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/22/2009 6:52:17 PM
Author: jiminycricket369
I went with this: http://www.jamesallen.com/engagement-rings/classic-solitaire-settings/Cathedral-Reverse-Tapered-Ring.html

I was looking at the angled reverse taper, but it said it put the diamond a little higher up which the girlfriend didn''t want.
Looks great!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results