shape
carat
color
clarity

James Allen & Palladium

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

laurel25

Brilliant_Rock
A while back geckodani had mentioned that she was having problems finding palladium diamond wedding bands ready made. I thought I''d read something on here about someone having James Allen custom make an engagement ring in palladium, so I thought I''d email Jim to see what they have available in PD. Jim responded that ALL their settings and bands are available in palladium. I just thought this might be useful info for anyone who''s considering palladium, but concerned about the lack of choices for wedding bands.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
23.gif
That would have been good to know!
20.gif

Thanks for letting us know laurel! That'll help if I ever decide to get another band!

laurel25

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/6/2008 2:06:49 PM
Author: geckodani
23.gif
That would have been good to know!
20.gif

Thanks for letting us know laurel! That''ll help if I ever decide to get another band!
I know, right? I''d been looking to see what was out there for ready made bands, and you''re right, there aren''t many besides the ArtCarved ones or really crappy stuff on eBay, so I figured I''d ask Jim and see. I''m pretty excited because I really like the French cut pavé band that they have - it has that antique/old-fashioned look to it that I''m going for.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Awesome!

katamari

Ideal_Rock
This is interesting, because when we got my ring (in June) that was not the case. He said that the majority of their setters worked with palladium, but not all of them. I had to get my setting in white gold. They did use palladium instead of nickel in the alloy (I am allergic to nickel), but I couldn''t get all palladium. I certainly hope this is the case now, though! I haven''t had any allergic reactions yet, but maybe I will consider resetting, then, when my ring yellows.

laurel25

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/6/2008 5:51:50 PM
Author: katamari
This is interesting, because when we got my ring (in June) that was not the case. He said that the majority of their setters worked with palladium, but not all of them. I had to get my setting in white gold. They did use palladium instead of nickel in the alloy (I am allergic to nickel), but I couldn''t get all palladium. I certainly hope this is the case now, though! I haven''t had any allergic reactions yet, but maybe I will consider resetting, then, when my ring yellows.
Hmmm... yeah, that is interesting. He specifically said though that all their rings & bands are available in PD. I wonder if they''ve made the change because so many people are becoming intersted in it???

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Yay! I just confirmed that I could get my ring reset in palladium in the same setting. I won''t do this until the white gold yellows, but it is good to know that it is now an option. Thanks for letting us know about this, laurel!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results