shape
carat
color
clarity

James Allen lab made tennis bracelet vs ACA

diamondsareagirls

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I have ACA's for my engagement ring, 5 stone and studs. I just love them! I have been in contact with WF for a tennis bracelet, but still deciding carat size, prongs etc. 6-8 weeks for production. Then I saw the JA site (sale on tennis bracelets) and discovered lab diamonds. I am a die hard ACA fan, but the price difference is crazy. Is it too good to be true? 10 carats for $6k?!

I know they won't have the fire of a super ideal, but do they have "enough?"

They also ship right away and I could have it for Thanksgiving.

Anybody have both ACA's and a JA lab made? Or another lab made to compare?

Thank you!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
JA is a PS preferred vendor and they have a great return policy, so might be worthwhile to give it a whirl and let your eyes tell you during the test drive period.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will assume JA will be white with white flashes and an ACA will have fire and great light return.
I have a 2 carat JA lab bracelet, and it’s very pleasing and white, but I can’t compare it to a super ideal. Plus you are looking at a much larger size

diamondsareagirls

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I will assume JA will be white with white flashes and an ACA will have fire and great light return.
I have a 2 carat JA lab bracelet, and it’s very pleasing and white, but I can’t compare it to a super ideal. Plus you are looking at a much larger size

So you don’t get much fire out of your JA? I love the fire of the ACA. Would a lab diamond sparkle just as much if it had a super ideal cut?

Last edited:

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
I can’t wait to hear your opinions! Post lots of pictures when you get it :)

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How do you think the diamonds compare to your ACAs?

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's gorgeous on you! Would love to hear your thoughts on it.

diamondsareagirls

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I just took it out in early morning light and was quite impressed! I am going to try mid day full sun and a few indoor lights and then have a final report. I had to put in the ACA fire picture just for fun! Sorry about my “manicure.” My daughter painted for Halloween and I don’t have any polish remover. DC2F5AFD-6401-4C33-ABB4-6DB98C524B5E.jpeg 5C5DCD33-73E2-4563-9A02-0CAF8BC4FF3A.jpeg 1F020568-82BF-465E-A4FD-D6538281BECD.jpeg

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
I just took it out in early morning light and was quite impressed! I am going to try mid day full sun and a few indoor lights and then have a final report. I had to put in the ACA fire picture just for fun! Sorry about my “manicure.” My daughter painted for Halloween and I don’t have any polish remover. DC2F5AFD-6401-4C33-ABB4-6DB98C524B5E.jpeg 5C5DCD33-73E2-4563-9A02-0CAF8BC4FF3A.jpeg 1F020568-82BF-465E-A4FD-D6538281BECD.jpeg

Very impressive!

diamondsareagirls

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Love your blingy look!! All the pieces look great together. How long do you have to evaluate the bracelet?

January 7th! I won't take that long lol. I am thinking of ordering a 3 prong as well to compare and that would be the only reason I wouldn't send it back in the next few days (if I do return).

Do you think the 7 carats is a good size?

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
January 7th! I won't take that long lol. I am thinking of ordering a 3 prong as well to compare and that would be the only reason I wouldn't send it back in the next few days (if I do return).

Do you think the 7 carats is a good size?

I like the size. It’s a big look and I’m a fan :) However, if you think you might want to stack at some point I’d probably go smaller.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Would love to hear your final report on this if you've had a chance to look at it in other lighting. :))

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Do you have your final report on this yet?

diamondsareagirls

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Do you have your final report on this yet?
I kept it and have been really impressed! The main thing I was worried about was losing the colorful sparks in certain indoor lighting and sunlight, but it keeps right up with the ACAs.
I got it shortened and I think I might have shortened it too much for my liking. I got so used to all those diamonds draping around my wrist that now I feel like it's "oomph" is a little reduced! But the fire is still there and it doesn't end up near my elbow so I will just have to get used to not literally being dripping in diamonds, lol.

Zori19

Rough_Rock
I kept it and have been really impressed! The main thing I was worried about was losing the colorful sparks in certain indoor lighting and sunlight, but it keeps right up with the ACAs.
I got it shortened and I think I might have shortened it too much for my liking. I got so used to all those diamonds draping around my wrist that now I feel like it's "oomph" is a little reduced! But the fire is still there and it doesn't end up near my elbow so I will just have to get used to not literally being dripping in diamonds, lol.

Hi there! My husband ordered JA bracelet 5ct with 3 prongs. Seeing yours makes me want to order the 4 prongs. Did you end up ordering the 3 prongs as well? Just wanted your opinion on the difference of the look and why you decided on the 4. Your bracelet if GORGEOUS and the 7 cts looks beautiful!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! Just out of curiosity, what are you going to do with the diamonds removed from the bracelet that you shortened?

diamondsareagirls

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hi there! My husband ordered JA bracelet 5ct with 3 prongs. Seeing yours makes me want to order the 4 prongs. Did you end up ordering the 3 prongs as well? Just wanted your opinion on the difference of the look and why you decided on the 4. Your bracelet if GORGEOUS and the 7 cts looks beautiful!

Thank you!! I didn't end up ordering the 3 prong. I was happy and really wanted the bracelet shortened and ready for my Thanksgiving trip so I kept it. How do you like your 3 prong? Would love to see pictures!

La2020

Brilliant_Rock
I took of 6 diamonds and made them into drop earring with 3 diamonds each!
wow can u share a photo of these earrings too?

I have been thinking about getting the JA lab tennis too! And wondered how does it perform against the ACA diamonds. your post made me really want to get one right now. hahah :bigsmile:

Zori19

Rough_Rock
Thank you!! I didn't end up ordering the 3 prong. I was happy and really wanted the bracelet shortened and ready for my Thanksgiving trip so I kept it. How do you like your 3 prong? Would love to see pictures!

Hi DAA,

I got my bracelet and I am struggling whether to go for the 4 prongs to 7cts like yours or keep mine. Ofcourse I like bigger, but wondering if you like your stone size and it’s not too big? 18F5D548-CDCB-4D25-B562-A5FDF4A0DC4B.jpeg FFDD402F-2CDB-4375-ACF2-A7B3A8909EAF.jpeg 4AAD06D9-3AC3-4350-B311-D7BA1FB6BFB3.jpeg 30C0DBC5-FFDA-40DE-A753-2F421AF2B860.jpeg

diamondsareagirls

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hi DAA,

I got my bracelet and I am struggling whether to go for the 4 prongs to 7cts like yours or keep mine. Ofcourse I like bigger, but wondering if you like your stone size and it’s not too big? 18F5D548-CDCB-4D25-B562-A5FDF4A0DC4B.jpeg FFDD402F-2CDB-4375-ACF2-A7B3A8909EAF.jpeg 4AAD06D9-3AC3-4350-B311-D7BA1FB6BFB3.jpeg 30C0DBC5-FFDA-40DE-A753-2F421AF2B860.jpeg

Hi, sorry to respond late! I definitely don't feel like it's too big. It layers very well - I actually feel like smaller might get lost? - and it makes enough of a statement to stand alone.

If you are wondering I would buy it as such a great return policy and see if it sparks more joy! It definitely did for me, but I had only tried on 2 carat bracelets beforehand.

I like the 4 prong fine and I originally wanted 3 prong. The prongs are very delicate and I think it's quite a classic look.

Just today I was driving at sunset and admiring the sparkle on my wrist. It really is a great wearable piece of jewelry.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results