shape
carat
color
clarity

James Allen Ideal Princess Cut = AGS?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

phade

Rough_Rock
Hi All -

First time poster...been reading and learning for a week now. What a steal this place is!

I''m looking for a princess cut, and the people at James Allen have been great. One thing I''d like to know from others here is what the "ideal" cut ranking from James Allen would translate into AGS-wise?

I''ve just started considering purchasing from on online vendor, but this is one question I feel I would need answered by previous customers, as opposed to the vendor themselves. That''s because I really wouldn''t have anything to compare it against(their word).

Thanks!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/15/2009 3:16:52 PM
Author:phade
Hi All -

First time poster...been reading and learning for a week now. What a steal this place is!

I'm looking for a princess cut, and the people at James Allen have been great. One thing I'd like to know from others here is what the 'ideal' cut ranking from James Allen would translate into AGS-wise?

I've just started considering purchasing from on online vendor, but this is one question I feel I would need answered by previous customers, as opposed to the vendor themselves. That's because I really wouldn't have anything to compare it against(their word).

Thanks!
Welcome!

I am not sure what their criteria is for their " Ideal" Princess shapes and how it would compare to AGS0 Princess, the best thing if you want a diamond that is comparable to an AGS0 Princess is to maybe purchase one. Otherwise it is very difficult when considering labels such as Ideal Cut, Premium Cut etc which are used by vendors ( many of them do this) to know exactly what standards they are using, basically the standard advice is to not go by these labels as they are no guarantee of a well cut diamond. The only meaningful use of the term Ideal pertains to the above mentioned AGS0 Ideal cut grade.

As to the above question concerning how JA " Ideal" cut grading compares to AGS, I don't know if any of us can answer that so it might be best to ask James Allen themselves.

I can tell you James Allen have an excellent rep here. The best way to buy a Princess if you are not necessarily looking for an AGS0 cut grade Princess, is to work with a vendor who has in house diamonds and can supply detailed photographs of the diamonds and preferably ASET images. I know JA can supply photos but they do not offer ASET to the best of my knowledge but they can provide Idealscope, not as useful for fancy shapes as ASET but still worthwhile.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results