shape
carat
color
clarity

James Allen Cathedral Reverse Tapered Engagement Ring

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I dont have it (sorry) but if you are looking for opinions...its not one of my favorites (my opinion only).

- head does not look very integrated
- dont like the squared off sides of the band...I would consider this a more modern look (which is fine if that is
what you are after).
- I personally dont consider this band cathedral (if thats what she wants). Yes, the sides of the shank do come
up a little but not much.

Just my 2 cents. :loopy:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't have it either, but I agree with Tyty. I think you could do a little better. If by chance your girl has seen this, and loves it, then
by all means, get that one!

If you are looking for a classic, consider a tiffany replica with a rounded band. If you are not set on a particular setting check out
Brian Gavin diamonds solitaires. I love the Elegance and anything with the Truth head. I think the lines of Brian's solitaires are beautiful
and have a lovely smooth swoopiness.

You could also check out Engagement Rings Direct, and Whiteflash as well. But for the price I think you could do better than that
particular setting.

Another option would be to get a basic $250. setting to hold the stone and let your girl pick the setting later.

Also, check out Pearlman's solitaires. I also love the Michael Bondanza Madison, but it is a little more pricey and needs a curved band
as a wedding band, but I love the lines. Again, just another 2 cents.

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
not my favorite either, but if you look at the right bottom side of the setting page, they posted 20pic. of people who bought the setting and what the ring looks like in different size and shape.. good luck

ononeknee

Rough_Rock
Guys thanks for your opinions. I dont mind modern at all...but I was not exactly sure that I was sold on the head either...or the way the the band meets the head.

I'd still like to see pictures from different angles though (the ones on the website are all from the same angle pretty much).

Also, other suggestions for nice rings would be cool, especially tapered solitairs that are "dainty" (dont have wide/thick bands).

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
My concern about that setting is comfort...the edges look very pronounced. I prefer more rounded settings for comfort reasons. Just my opinion.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

ononeknee

Rough_Rock
No one out there to post some pics of this ring from side view (and other angles?)

(btw thanks for posting those links, they do have some nice looking settings)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results