shape
carat
color
clarity

James Allen 18k White Gold Pave Setting #17040W?

Melz1

Rough_Rock
Hello,

I am really interested in this setting and I was wondering if anyone has it? If so, could you please share some pictures? I am probably going to be deciding on a cushion cut diamond this week and I know I want a micro pave setting, I am just unsure of which one. I have looked on other websites an it's hard to find a micro pave setting in the $1,000-$1,500 price range. Suggestions are welcome! Thanks in advance! :twirl:

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
can you give us a link to the setting?

Christina...

Ideal_Rock

Melz1

Rough_Rock
Thanks Christina! Your setting is beautiful! I'm still trying to decide which one to go with. It's hard when you can't see the settings in person. It makes me feel better that James Allen has a great return policy! =)

Melz1

Rough_Rock
Thanks mrssalvo, I think I might go with the JA if the modification that has to be made isn't too costly. I also like a few from Engagement Rings Direct. Decisions, decisions.... :confused:

Fang

Rough_Rock
I just bought my e-ring with this setting. The ring is very beautiful. However the bottom part of the prone is bulky and sticks out, which looks different than the pictures Jame Allen has on the website. I also got a matching wedding band. It is straight and does not sit flush by the e-ring. The gap is quite big. James Allen said it was designed like that and also my diamond is bigger than average (1.26 carat). I am not sure if that's true... I doubt the bottom of the prone would be smaller with a smller diamond. Just be careful if you want the bands to sit flush.

Christina, does your ring have a half ball sticking out on the two sides of the bottom of the prone? I can't make up my mind if I want to return the rings...

IMG_1682.JPG

IMG_1691.JPG

Melz1

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much for sharing the pictures. Your ring is beautiful!! The setting looks very nice. I see what you mean about the prongs- the pictures on the James Allen website do not look like that. I would like my rings to sit flush, so that is something I will have to take into consideration. My diamond will probably be about .91 c, so it probably wouldn't sit flush either. Thanks again for sharing! =)

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
Fang|1309323446|2957717 said:
I just bought my e-ring with this setting. The ring is very beautiful. However the bottom part of the prone is bulky and sticks out, which looks different than the pictures Jame Allen has on the website. I also got a matching wedding band. It is straight and does not sit flush by the e-ring. The gap is quite big. James Allen said it was designed like that and also my diamond is bigger than average (1.26 carat). I am not sure if that's true... I doubt the bottom of the prone would be smaller with a smller diamond. Just be careful if you want the bands to sit flush.

Christina, does your ring have a half ball sticking out on the two sides of the bottom of the prone? I can't make up my mind if I want to return the rings...

No, it doesn't. Your head is different than mine as well. My pave is very smooth and uniform. I'm a bit frustrated that your matching band doesn't sit flush, I called and asked specifically if the matching band would sit flush with my ering and they assured me that it would, now I'm wondering.

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
Melz|1309185922|2956137 said:
Thanks Christina! Your setting is beautiful! I'm still trying to decide which one to go with. It's hard when you can't see the settings in person. It makes me feel better that James Allen has a great return policy! =)

I will say that the rings really do look different IRL than on the 3HD. They are just so magnified that it's difficult to get a real feel for how it will work. They did tell me that their settings are shown with a 1ct so that gives it a bit more perspective, but like I said, it took me 3 tries, but they really were wonderful about it!

luvsdmb

Brilliant_Rock
Does it bother you when you wear your ring that they aren't flush? I was thinking of ordering this ring but not sure now. I also wasn't sure of the plain 4 prong setting, do you like it being plain? I posted a question about these rings but guess I posted it in the wrong area. I just signed up for this site today, so I'm a bit confused still how it works.

Thanks
Brooke

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
luvsdmb|1348771000|3275595 said:
Does it bother you when you wear your ring that they aren't flush? I was thinking of ordering this ring but not sure now. I also wasn't sure of the plain 4 prong setting, do you like it being plain? I posted a question about these rings but guess I posted it in the wrong area. I just signed up for this site today, so I'm a bit confused still how it works.

Thanks
Brooke

Hi Brooke! Welcome to PS! :wavey: There were a couple different settings mentioned in this thread, can you tell us which one in particular you are referring to?

luvsdmb

Brilliant_Rock
Hello, sorry I thought I was responding to Fang and her picture of the set that doesn't sit flush. I have been looking at rings seriously all day today and still have no idea what I want. How does anyone figure it out?

Brooke

luvsdmb

Brilliant_Rock
Hi,

Your ring is very pretty. Is is the french cut pave style? Also does it bother you, does it feel weird on your finger, how the rings don't sit flush?

Thanks
Brooke

gabbabb14

Rough_Rock
I have been talking back and forth with someone from James Allen and for a .9ct round stone she has assured me that using the 4 prong pave setting will have no more than a .1-.2 mm gap. I am worried from your picture that the information she is giving me is incorrect.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is a really old thread, you might want to make a new one for more attention to your actual question.

gabbabb14

Rough_Rock
Which James Allen setting is your ring?

gabbabb14

Rough_Rock
Do you have pictures of your ring? I am thinking about getting the same one (not the smaller one). thanks

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results